Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Leraika posted:

this is such a cool idea! I love that there's a niche for things like designer clothing with a specific person's label on it and professional photographers and nightclubs in this game.

Of all things, watching GTA RP has proven to me that if you give a community the tools, there's enough creative talent to create some really awesome content organically like this.

Bethesda games, of course, give you the antithesis that a lot of it will also be waifu shovelware, but that's considered a feature not a bug by some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leraika posted:

this is such a cool idea! I love that there's a niche for things like designer clothing with a specific person's label on it and professional photographers and nightclubs in this game.

Yeah. A lot will advertise via PF as well. I'm so terrible at gpose and all that so I'd rather just pay someone a million gil and get a bunch of photos. Various photographers cost different amounts (especially if you want custom clothing mods or poses). But it's totally worth it imo. Most major nightclubs have a photographer on staff too so you don't even have to hunt one down, you can just ask the nightclub management.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

biting into my meol and making a face similar to

https://twitter.com/a_tenno/status/1392814838879985670

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm not sure how recent this feeling started popping up, but I have noticed an uptick of comments about being sad to see that little icon go away.
https://twitter.com/The_Eggroller/status/1541407053180243968?t=QoSl9JMbBsB0kgwxLPmirg&s=19

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Other players assume I'm competent now. It scares me.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you keep playing afraid that you'll mess up and embarrass yourself inevitably you'll be so prepared for any fight that you'll never mess up and embarrass yourself

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can earn a Mentor crown and then once again no one will assume you're competent

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It was my sprout, it was made for me.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Vitamean posted:

if you keep playing afraid that you'll mess up and embarrass yourself inevitably you'll be so prepared for any fight that you'll never mess up and embarrass yourself

Unless you decide to tank or play SGE, because forgetting to put up tank stance/Kardia at the start of a duty is a mistake that everyone makes from time to time. At least I hope so.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bloody Emissary posted:

Unless you decide to tank or play SGE, because forgetting to put up tank stance/Kardia at the start of a duty is a mistake that everyone makes from time to time. At least I hope so.

I've done more than one savage fight as scholar with the classic "summon fairy third gcd" opener

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

YggiDee posted:

Other players assume I'm competent now. It scares me.

Don't worry, nobody thinks you're competent.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bloody Emissary posted:

There are two types of tanks: those who have forgotten to put stance on, and those who blue dps on purpose and never hit it.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've done more than one savage fight as scholar with the classic "summon fairy third gcd" opener
I play Dancer and would never forget to use Dance Partner on someone before I start my prepull Standard Step. Never ever ever

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

iPodschun posted:

I play Dancer and would never forget to use Dance Partner on someone before I start my prepull Standard Step. Never ever ever

Somehow, forgetting to use it on my chocobo is an even worse feeling than having a moment in a dungeon where we can all laugh it off together.

There's no one to laugh about it. Just Kweh silently judging me.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

You can use it on your chocobo????

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yep. And every time you mount up, it drops so if you're flying to different FATEs you have to reapply Closed Position every time you dismount.

ALSO don't do it before you Level Sync, because you'll lose it to the Level Sync too!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It never once occurred to me to dance partner my chocobo lol

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
You can also give them ast cards

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Yup, they can take pretty much any buff or special party ability that you can put on a player.

I usually just forget to call them at all. That's part of why my alt's bird is named Orz.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

Dances with Birbs

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Runa posted:

Dances with Birbs

The Chicken Dance was right there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vitamean posted:

what do you think meol's taste/texture is like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKScYXLazyA

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bruceski posted:

There are two types of tanks: those who have forgotten to put stance on, and those who blue dps on purpose and never hit it.

Shhhh, don't give away my trials roulette "tanking" strategy.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I once started an Expert with my tank stance already on from overworld content, then thought "oops, better stance up" and immediately toggled it in the dungeon, only to realize in the first pack that I'd just toggled it off and not on. Somehow I still got a comm? Absolute clown time.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ive seen people sad to lose their sprout because then they can't talk in novice network anymore. And then a day later they're crafting mentors. My server just made a discord for novice network to get around that because we're rapidly approaching a point where there are like 2 mentors that know things that are on all the time

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Antivehicular posted:

I once started an Expert with my tank stance already on from overworld content, then thought "oops, better stance up" and immediately toggled it in the dungeon, only to realize in the first pack that I'd just toggled it off and not on. Somehow I still got a comm? Absolute clown time.

Tanks have the advantage that if you stay long enough to get a commendation, you'll usually have one tossed your way by a DPS trying to get their challenge log for commendations for the week.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't believe for one second that meol is just pan dulce

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I always try to comm people but I can be a little slow at it so while I try to give to someone who did something cool I usually give it to whoever hasn't already scooted.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dragon Sight your drat Chocobo.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Alxprit posted:

Dragon Sight your drat Chocobo.

Back in the day, this was the only way to get the Dragon Sight buff for Stone Sky Sea.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Another day I mourn the loss of funny dragoon tether graphic

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Warmachine posted:

Yep. And every time you mount up, it drops so if you're flying to different FATEs you have to reapply Closed Position every time you dismount.

ALSO don't do it before you Level Sync, because you'll lose it to the Level Sync too!

I made a macro for exactly these reasons.

/micon "Closed Position"
/ac "Closed Position" <c>

You can also use <comp>, <b> or <buddy> in place of <c>. I didn't know about the last one until now, and I'm 100% going to change all of my macros to use <buddy> instead.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I bought the whale mount since I'm playing with the GF and it'll be a looooong time before she has a flying mount.

Very worth it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Walrus posted:

I bought the whale mount since I'm playing with the GF and it'll be a looooong time before she has a flying mount.

FWIW, all mounts are flying mounts once you unlock flying.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Subjunctive posted:

FWIW, all mounts are flying mounts once you unlock flying.

yeah - I mean it'll be a long time before she completes ARR and unlocks flying. We're still working on 'turning around' and 'going to the icon on the map, no over there, no you just need to.. click.. no.. no right click..'

with the whale she can hop on and i can fly her around

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m about halfway through with the books stage of PLD’s ARR relic, how much worse does this get?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Slightly depends on what you dislike, specifically, but most tend to agree that the books step is the most tedious.
You'll need 80,000 company seals, 400,000 gil, and 800 tomestones of poetics in a later step, in addition to a bunch of materia and some specifically desynthed items (so probably factor in market board costs as well). And you'll have to grind light for a couple of steps.
But no more combinations of tracking specific enemies/FATEs/levequests.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Books is the worst part of zenith weapons. Everything past that is merely tedium.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kwyndig posted:

Books is the worst part of zenith weapons. Everything past that is merely tedium.

Books never bothered me and I did them pre-nerf. I did them twice because I main-switched to ninja. The worst step is the light grind and it was one of like 2 times I quit the game. The other was Pagos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

RME posted:

Another day I mourn the loss of funny dragoon tether graphic