Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not a weird belief. The objective is to control women through forced reproduction. Once a woman is pregnant then she can be forced back into a life of domesticity, because you've set up society to despise single mothers already. If your girlfriend is getting a little too out of line or you think it's not working out, just get her rear end pregnant and pressure her into marriage.

lol the problem is it's impossible to do the single breadwinner thing anymore so keeping your wife barefoot and pregnant sounds great until Visa and whoever owns your F-350 mortgage come knocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They think they can force the world to go back to the way it was.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Reminder that ACB ruled that a university stripping a ROTC scholarship from a rapist was a title IX violation since rapists were disproportionately male

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Zurtilik posted:

maybe this is just history brain talking but it's funny to me how like 80% of their thinking is a refusal to believe that anything happened since like 1453 but also we still have to have wage labor and labor private ownership of capital. only enthusiastic about ground rent baybee

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol the problem is it's impossible to do the single breadwinner thing anymore so keeping your wife barefoot and pregnant sounds great until Visa and whoever owns your F-350 mortgage come knocking

They actually believe that forcing women out of the workforce means mens' wages and salaries will have to go up in response. Their worldview hinges on deference to market forces which are simultaneously corroding the family they care so much about. Like the law of supply and demand will force bosses everywhere to raise the wages of single men who game all day.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The standing army is also clearly not constitutional

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They actually believe that forcing women out of the workforce means mens' wages and salaries will have to go up in response. Their worldview hinges on deference to market forces which are simultaneously corroding the family they care so much about. Like the law of supply and demand will force bosses everywhere to raise the wages of single men who game all day.

lol

lmao

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think it's time SCOTUS revisits Virginia v. West Virginia

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It rocks that people think this is the result of the 1960s and feminism when Marx is talking about it in loving 1848

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American conservatives don't even comprehend just how liberal they are at a conceptual level, which is why they don't have any clue what scale of social engineering is necessary for them to remake the world in the image of Leave it to Beaver. Even with control of the judicial system, they're not going to have enough power to make everyone do what they want and the pushback is going to drive them insane.

It's extremely perverted how both sides in American politics are enamored with a sense of rules lawyering, like that's how real power is exercised in society.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lmao always with the bon bons

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

actionjackson posted:

current plan here in MN is to give out free hotdish to all women who travel here from another state to get an abortion

limit one (1) hotdish per abortion

can the abortion inducing hotdishes be shipped to other states

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can any law clerks in the thread do some research for me on the applicable laws that made delaware a state? I'd like to file some lawsuits to make delaware the pride of Billy penn again.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm pretty sure what it means is that: alrington heights doctrine is that if a law disproportionately burdens a particular group, it's still ok if the intent of the law want to discriminate against that group but it just happened (eg, arlington heights was about a zoning law banning multifamily housing that the plaintiff said was discriminatory to minorities, the court said the zoning law was ok even if it disproportionately hurt minorities because there was no evidence that the creation of the law was racially motivated), but the court is now saying that even if religious discrimination is not the intent of the law, it is still suspect if it infringes on free exercise of religion

so basically any chud evangelical can complain that any law “infringes” on their fake made-up version of “Christianity” and it can get overturned???

LOL SCOTUS really did just basically declare that every white evangelical is a sovereign citizen and laws don’t apply to them.

duck.exe has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Jun 27, 2022

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
e: double post

duck.exe has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Jun 27, 2022

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

duck.exe posted:

so basically any chud evangelical can complain that any law “infringes” on their fake made-up version of “Christianity” and it can get overturned???

LOL SCOTUS really did just basically declare that every white evangelical is a sovereign citizen and laws don’t apply to them.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I remember this guy asking me if I thought it would make more sense for every state to basically have their own FDA and I said no that's stupid but it looks like the scrotus agrees with him and not me lol

better than the libertarian who told me that the underwriters league should replace the FDA and the USDA

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

With less women in the workforce the remaining workers can command higher wages

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The free market is also the cause of other things they hate like:

1. The decline of religion as a central part of people's lives
2. Drag queen library hours
3. Gays being able to make money and live their lives
4. Abortions
5. Cancel-culture and "wokeness"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Noob Saibot posted:

Just as is happening now after kicking 3-5 million people out of the labor force thanks to covid and there is a severe labor shortage.

Oh wait they are actively looking to downsize everything and force unemployment to combat the rising wages (which still don't keep up with inflation).

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

there isnt a plan

its just a bunch of evil fucks randomly spraying their poo poo at the wall

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

duck.exe posted:

Yeah the point is to have a one size fits all excuse to invalidate any law they want

Look up the lochner era, when the court threw out every single piece of regulation it saw because it infringed upon someone's right to economic freedom.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

a lot of the more insane things american conservatives believe make a lot more sense when you remember that the end goal of the conservative project is neo-feudalism where there’s an upper class of rich white pseudo-nobility and an underclass of serfs, with a thin blue line of pigs to insulate them

forbidding abortion and contraceptives actually works out real well for forcing this plan, because one of the other side effects of unplanned pregnancy is that it more or less permanently ends your chances of upwards financial mobility, on top of making it easier to control lower class women, which works towards the goal of destroying the middle class.

The lower classed white conservatives who would find themselves on the uglier side of this class divide go along with it anyway because they are loving stupid as poo poo and think they’ll get lifted up into the ruling class at the last moment as a reward for good service, like a weird social version of the rapture

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The lower classed white conservatives who would find themselves on the uglier side of this class divide go along with it anyway because they are loving stupid as poo poo and think they’ll get lifted up into the ruling class at the last moment as a reward for good service, like a weird social version of the rapture

They'll get what they really want, which is to be lord of their own household where they get to command their wife and children. Feudal ideology revolves around a formal hierarchical ladder where every social unit is commanded by a guy who derives his authority from some other guy - and it goes all the way from the hearth to the throne.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Noob Saibot posted:

lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zurtilik posted:

hope they're wrong

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Can any law clerks in the thread do some research for me on the applicable laws that made delaware a state? I'd like to file some lawsuits to make delaware the pride of Billy penn again.

they signed first so youll need to work backwards from hawaii

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Stereotype posted:

hope they're wrong

the world never was the way they think it was but they CAN make it drastically worse

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

American conservatives don't even comprehend just how liberal they are at a conceptual level, which is why they don't have any clue what scale of social engineering is necessary for them to remake the world in the image of Leave it to Beaver. Even with control of the judicial system, they're not going to have enough power to make everyone do what they want and the pushback is going to drive them insane.

It's extremely perverted how both sides in American politics are enamored with a sense of rules lawyering, like that's how real power is exercised in society.

It's like that one Chapo Guy said. They have all the money and power, but are pissed that does not equal to unanimous respect and admiration from everyone.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

animist posted:

the world never was the way they think it was but they CAN make it drastically worse

They're not putting industrial capitalism back in the bottle but they can gently caress up the world for quite a while, possibly until global warming fucks it up even more

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This, exactly. As hyper-competent is the GOP seems in comparison to the democrats in terms of actually moving towards some coherent set of political goals, they are ultimately operating under the same set of core delusions.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They sent out Kamala to be the buzzkill on the "set up abortion clinics on federal land" idea.
https://www.businessinsider.com/wh-isnt-discussing-abortion-clinics-on-federal-land-vp-harris-2022-6

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

even the nazis seized power lawfully

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the number of comments I've seen today of "you wouldn't be cool with this coach if he was praying to mecca!!!!" is just insane. does anyone think that actually matters? that once pointed out this decision will evaporate under the heat of a pure logic gotcha?

fascists delight in the lawful contradiction. the hypocrisy is in part the loving point

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fosborb posted:

the number of comments I've seen today of "you wouldn't be cool with this coach if he was praying to mecca!!!!" is just insane. does anyone think that actually matters? that once pointed out this decision will evaporate under the heat of a pure logic gotcha?

fascists delight in the lawful contradiction. the hypocrisy is in part the loving point

Also, what are you gonna do if they are ok with it?

Shear Modulus posted:

even the nazis seized power lawfully

lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They sent out Kamala to be the buzzkill on the "set up abortion clinics on federal land" idea.
https://www.businessinsider.com/wh-isnt-discussing-abortion-clinics-on-federal-land-vp-harris-2022-6

what was even supposed to be the plan here, its not like federal buildings are on some sovereign soil free from state laws. ive seen liberals talk about this like we could start building clinics in national parks lol. the less said about moving into tribal land the better.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

what was even supposed to be the plan here, its not like federal buildings are on some sovereign soil free from state laws. ive seen liberals talk about this like we could start building clinics in national parks lol. the less said about moving into tribal land the better.

I'm just impressed that liberals are thinking of things they can do instead of rationalizing why they can't do anything.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
hello yes I’m from the federal department of abortions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the plot of bioshock, but the guy just wanted to make a cool underwater abortion clinic