Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
All Nintendo has to do is say the words "Metroid Prime" and they'll get sixty of my American dollars, IDK what's taking them so long.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

you could play metroid prime hunters instead, literally the worst game i ever paid money for

You must not buy a lot of games then lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah i mean hunters isn't even the worst metroid game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The worst Metroid game is Metroid. I haven’t played Federation Force but I feel confident in this opinion.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

would Bayonetta 3 have a chance to show up at a "Partner Showcase" or does Nintendo consider that a first-party title
the game is allegedly supposed to come out this year.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

American McGay posted:

The worst Metroid game is Metroid. I haven’t played Federation Force but I feel confident in this opinion.

Its Metroid 2 being played on original hardware

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Metroid 2 is the worst Maintroid only because I refuse to acknowledge Other M

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Metroid (OG) is only the "worst" because the whole series is so good.

I mean it has various NES issues, but it's hella good

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The metroid hunters ds game sucked. It had terrible graphics, impressively poo poo gameplay, it was hot garbage

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

The metroid hunters ds game sucked. It had terrible graphics, impressively poo poo gameplay, it was hot garbage

Well yeah I think all the weird spinoff poo poo is probably bad

Is there a pinball game too or is that a rammers joke

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

I regret ever buying that overhyped, underdelivering piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1541440061626953729

loving lmao they're being sold separately.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

The Bloop posted:

Well yeah I think all the weird spinoff poo poo is probably bad

Is there a pinball game too or is that a rammers joke

It's real

Hunters was pretty fun for being a multiplayer deathmatch fps on a handheld console in the 2000s, even if the singleplayer was pretty unremarkable.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Prime Trilogy can't be sold separately because more than one online storefront posting that it was a whole trilogy. And everyone knows that an online storefront posting something means it's going to happen

:goonsay:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Metroid Prime will come to Switch packed as a trilogy but will still require wiimote + nunchuk, and a special accessory to make those work with Switch.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I gameshare with my brother, so every time I play a digital game on switch it checks the internet before launching. On a flight today, I discovered it does not check the internet before launching the virtual console channels*. Decided to play Joe and Mac 2 for the first time in a very long time. That game has a great atmosphere.

*as long as you’ve launched the channel within the last week or so.

Edit: in a perfect world, we could get both Chuck Rock games on the VC channels.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 27, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

anyone who beat metroid at the age of 8 on the NES deserves a medal

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I would totally buy a Metroid Prime remaster for Switch. I didn't have a Gamecube when the game came out and only got to play a little of it on a friend's system. I've been hearing about how great a game it is for 20 years now and I should really get around to finally playing through it. A Switch remaster would do that for me.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The day I get a Steam Deck all setup with Dolphin and MPT is when they'll release the remaster. Guaranteed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just want the early plasma rifle glitch available again

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

anyone who beat metroid at the age of 8 on the NES deserves a medal

It's not that bad when you're a kid with no internet to distract you.

I hope those FF remasters are coming to Switch. I want to finally play 6 and that version seems good.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Is the Switch wifi notoriously janky or something?

I tried playing Fall Guys and it runs like complete rear end (bad lag and really choppy frame rate)...I never really do the online portions of games except Mario Kart. Do I need to run an ethernet cable? :confused:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not that bad when you're a kid with no internet to distract you.

I hope those FF remasters are coming to Switch. I want to finally play 6 and that version seems good.

Same, I'd almost certainly pick up 4 and 6, even if I have them available on my GBA or SNES mini respectively.

I also sort of want to play 1 but I need some fast forward for that or something.

God, talking about FF makes me want to start FFX2 but I just finished with X and need a bit of a break.

Also also, Disco Elysium remains incredible. I thought I was genuinely wrapping things up and this case just blew wide open. I do wonder where my new sidequests are going to come though because I've thoroughly exhausted those it seems.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If I get a swOled at somepoint do I need a 2nd SD card to transfer with or can I just plop that bitch right back in there?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You have to redownload everything. Took me two days

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

dr.acula posted:

If I get a swOled at somepoint do I need a 2nd SD card to transfer with or can I just plop that bitch right back in there?

Don't forget New Horizons has a funky save transfer procedure.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah unforutnately nintendo doesnt let you just pop suckers in which is unfortunate

thankfully it didnt take me that long but it was irritating

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Apparently there are multiple websites hyping up a reveal of red dead 2 for switch. That sounds completely insane. It would have to look like complete dogshit to run on the switch surely

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

cohsae posted:

Apparently there are multiple websites hyping up a reveal of red dead 2 for switch. That sounds completely insane. It would have to look like complete dogshit to run on the switch surely

How does Witcher 3 compare? People seemed to like the Switch version of that...is RDR2 more taxing?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1541533699488985088

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Who cares fail game call me when it goes on sale for $15 like the last one.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Last time it kinda looked like a 3D worms game or a Valkyria Chronicles instead of being tile based. Interested in how that changes things

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

cohsae posted:

cloud gaming!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1541542070640320513?s=21&t=fwK2ZlCy7PWHJqvhG4hl2A

I see Spike Chunsoft made this game. Is it anything like the Zero Escape series of games that I loved very much?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I see Spike Chunsoft made this game. Is it anything like the Zero Escape series of games that I loved very much?

I haven't played it or the first one (which is 8 bucks on Steam right now and I should grab that) yet but from what I understand, yes. Some differences, but the small bit I've heard (surprisingly unspoiled all these years) hasn't been enough to tell if they're significant or just "not in the same world as Nonary". It's definitely along the same lines.

Just note that it's a sequel that just came out. Might or might not matter, I don't think I'd mind throwing someone into Virtue's Last Reward without 999 if they had some reason to skip it even though there's some context that would be missing; VLR filled in the gaps as much as VLR needed to.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

Metroid 2 is the worst Maintroid only because I refuse to acknowledge Other M

Nah Metroid 2 holds up way better than 1

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

American McGay posted:

Who cares fail game call me when it goes on sale for $15 like the last one.

Sounds good! I'll give you a ring on October 21st.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bruceski posted:

I haven't played it or the first one (which is 8 bucks on Steam right now and I should grab that)

Looks like it's $8 on the eShop too!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

dr.acula posted:

Its Metroid 2 being played on original hardware

Metroid 2 is way better than 1. Brick Gameboy might be a pain and have a bad screen but GBC, GB Pocket, GB Light all count as "original hardware".

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And oh poo poo, Doom 2016 for $12.

So many tempting deals...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1541542070640320513?s=21&t=fwK2ZlCy7PWHJqvhG4hl2A

Bruceski posted:

I haven't played it or the first one (which is 8 bucks on Steam right now and I should grab that) yet but from what I understand, yes. Some differences, but the small bit I've heard (surprisingly unspoiled all these years) hasn't been enough to tell if they're significant or just "not in the same world as Nonary". It's definitely along the same lines.

Just note that it's a sequel that just came out. Might or might not matter, I don't think I'd mind throwing someone into Virtue's Last Reward without 999 if they had some reason to skip it even though there's some context that would be missing; VLR filled in the gaps as much as VLR needed to.

To be straightforward, they both (zero escape and AI) have the same writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega64 posted:

And oh poo poo, Doom 2016 for $12.

So many tempting deals...

That’s a bargain. Doom 2016 is goated.