Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kestral posted:

:orb:

Taking bets on whether FNAF gets met - $90k seems like an ambitious sum.

it will be close but it will very likely be met, bonus games have very rarely (never?) been missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am really curious to see how the Phasmophobia run goes.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it will be close but it will very likely be met, bonus games have very rarely (never?) been missed

Yeah there's gonna be some a lot of stalling around the recap segment.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I haven't been watching from the very start, but at least for the last several years I'm not aware of a bonus game incentive not being met. I'm pretty sure the sponsors will dump their periodic contributions to meet them. It'd really suck for the runner to come out and not get to run their game. Also, the whole following schedule would have to change or there'd be an hour of dead time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
3 hours roughly to get 50k should be manageable.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I understand its a charity marathon and why they do it but how aggressive they get with the incentives always kills some of the vibe too me cause the announcers have to constantly promote it.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress yeah, KZ_FREW

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

alright i'm strapped in for this GTA run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

good to see the correct version won

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this runner's already pretty loving good lol

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vermain posted:

I always love it when a runner can be funny, describe what they are doing, and ball out at the same time. The charisma is a real skill

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vermain posted:

If my memory is correct this guy has run GTA games multiple times before and always killed it with them

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This is gonna be a good run.

Also yeah I don't remember specifically but I feel like I've felt this voice/vibe in a GTA before during a GDQ, so probably not his first rodeo.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Internet Kraken posted:

If my memory is correct this guy has run GTA games multiple times before and always killed it with them

Yep, I don't even like GTA games but I'll always watch a kz_frew run. God this is going to be so cursed, isn't it?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Comrade Fakename posted:

Is there a link to the Goon discord where people are following GDQ? The link in the OP appears to just be the official GDQ one.

Seconding this request

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kestral posted:

Yep, I don't even like GTA games but I'll always watch a kz_frew run. God this is going to be so cursed, isn't it?

Frew is retiring from speedrunning after this run; so yes, absolutely, it is going to be the most cursed run of all time

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay that is an extremely funny strat.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Why is he retiring?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

is there a donation incentive to not play FNAF just to anger that fandom?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Flesnolk posted:

Why is he retiring?

None of us are getting any younger

Photex posted:

is there a donation incentive to not play FNAF just to anger that fandom?

I already donated to help meet the incentive but I'd donate again to do the anti incentive

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
By a continuing shift of rhetorical focus, the incentive is simultaneously met and unmet

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"fell in a deep dish" lmao

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

this run is great

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What an insane sequence break

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"I know it worked because the game didn't crash."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
THIS IS GONNA BE THE LAST DANCE FOR LANCE VANCE

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A definitive run

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

incredible run, what an excellent sendoff

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Haha I forgot he was still wearing the golf outfit from the assassination mission. What a run.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

what a final run, i was entertained from start to finish.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

That was a really entertaining run, I'm glad I was awake to see it live.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Shame kz is gonna retire, hope whatever he's off to do instead is awesome ;).

What a talent.

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!

Vermain posted:

"fell in a deep dish" lmao

Thank you, I was proud of this one

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Hunt11 posted:

I am really curious to see how the Phasmophobia run goes.

Same. I've put 100s of hours into that game, and I don't really know what a good (or fun) speedrunning plan would be. If it's four players, I guess set difficulty to Amateur, everyone grabs a few evidence gathering tools, then hope for good RNG? Bad RNG or a few Shades could make it a boring run to watch. I am bummed that it looks like they're skipping the campsite map, which can have some crazy fun and dangerous rounds.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

pmcTRILOGY posted:

Thank you, I was proud of this one

You were solid, watching you and Mathematical Daredevil in the same run was a real treat for a send-off like that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am starting to questing if they make that fnaf incentive now. i usually will be the first to tell others that a goal will be hit but we need 40k in an hour, which is easy later on in a marathon but might be a challenge on monday.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I will find it extremely funny is a FNAF game run is the first thing to not be met at a GDQ.

I am so tired of that trash.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am starting to questing if they make that fnaf incentive now. i usually will be the first to tell others that a goal will be hit but we need 40k in an hour, which is easy later on in a marathon but might be a challenge on monday.

I'm never betting against incentives being met again tbh, I've always been wrong. I'm sure Yeti will drop another 10k at some point in the hour. Might be a bit tight but it's a really popular franchise.

Very ready for HORROR BLOC, it's always one of the highlights.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

isn't it 2 hours since there is an hour block for daily recap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I could care less about FNAF as a game series but I still threw a dono at it because more GDQ is always good, regardless of the game quality.

Photex posted:

isn't it 2 hours since there is an hour block for daily recap?

The daily recap is only ~15 minutes. They might stretch it out a bit but not to a whole hour.