Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Photex posted:

checking SGDQ 2021 stats it looks like they're behind by about 15,000

the amount they're off FNAF lol.

At this rate I'm not sure they're going to hit it even with the schedule change. They had that big 5k dono but other than that we're 30 minutes in and they've put like 4k on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I occasionally put this on the twitch app on my ps4, and watching gdq on a TV adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the experience

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Agent355 posted:

At this rate I'm not sure they're going to hit it even with the schedule change. They had that big 5k dono but other than that we're 30 minutes in and they've put like 4k on it.

yeah and in comparison the bonus game in 2021 on Monday night was Paper Mario which I'd like to think is far more popular.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Agent355 posted:

there's still a good 40-50 minutes left and i can easily see fangamer or yetee coming in to make up a $5-10k deficit

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
If they keep doing that the incentives are going to feel like empty bluffs and people might stop bothering to donate towards them

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh for sure, I would be amazed if it ACTUALLY didn't get hit. But they may have to pull more shell games to make it happen, just have the yhetee pay for it or w/e.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

just checked, the $5000 donation wasn't actually for the bonus run lol...

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donation/873551

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I don't get how Yetee exists as a business. I never heard of them for 50 weeks of the year and the other two they give away all their revenue.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Same, I'm also not sure how gdq pays its normal overhead and logistical costs given all the earnings from the marathons go to charity

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

I don't get how Yetee exists as a business. I never heard of them for 50 weeks of the year and the other two they give away all their revenue.
they do two shirt daily deals every day where the shirts are exclusive to that day and rarely show up again, so they mostly thrive on FOMO

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

kind of a shame the tanktop from yetee doesn't ship till september.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Flesnolk posted:

Same, I'm also not sure how gdq pays its normal overhead and logistical costs given all the earnings from the marathons go to charity

All the revenue from the people who sub the rest of the year for the hotfix content goes to them but the real source of money is they are paid by the charities to put on these just like they would an event production service for a traditional dinner plate fundraiser.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Photex posted:

Genuinely wonder if people still don't know/understand how you put a gift towards an incentive

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Photex posted:

that seems like a mistake, is anyone on the tech side of GDQ in thread and can check that? lol if they end up 5k short

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

edging, huh

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

They do stuff otherwise, but even focusing on this, those tshirts are not dear when bought at their level of bulk. Then throw in the massive number of orders and it's a nice low margin, high turnover model where a large part of your advertising is included already! And they might get some tax rebate as well, but I know dick all about the US tax system.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

that seems like a mistake, is anyone on the tech side of GDQ in thread and can check that? lol if they end up 5k short

Quite the opposite, any tech folks in the thread that can delete the FNAF run so I can watch Outlast

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what a thrill

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

genuinely want to see what happens when they don't make it again

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I just want to throw out there, the silent hill movie was good and deserved a real sequel with Sean Bean.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're probably gonna make it now, they're 5k away and they can stall for 10 minutes between runs if needed

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

genuinely want to see what happens when they don't make it again

Grand finale of SGDQ2022: FNAF (maybe).

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

the movie was booty but i like sean bean

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Photex posted:

I just want to throw out there, the silent hill movie was good and deserved a real sequel with Sean Bean.

it was a genuinely enjoyable adaptation that went completely loving bonkers in all its subsequent films for some reason

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

someone dropped 2.5k and it wasn't yetee or fangamer

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Will be interesting to see the viewership numbers tomorrow after this run is over

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Photex posted:

Will be interesting to see the viewership numbers tomorrow after this run is over

Yeah, I'm tuning out to go watch some Star Trek for an hour, yeesh

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Photex posted:

You can laugh in real time
https://gdqstat.us/?series=0

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I like checking out the super short runs of games Ive never heard of so I looked at the Alien Cabal run and the runner's couple of "Oh nooooooo"s were great.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Photex posted:

I'll always remember that movie for the amazing part where pyramid head pulls a womans skin off in one go and throws it at the main characters.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Do people not like these guys? I think they're fine.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Do people not like these guys? I think they're fine.

Huh? The Silent Hill run? It's good. Enigma is good peeps and it's a good couch.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Oh no these guys are great

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oh, maybe people were talking about the next game.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Oh, maybe people were talking about the next game.

Yeah FNAF is a little controversial. I know nothing about the 3d FNAF game myself so I'm looking forward to it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think hes annoying

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Oh come on, Eileen

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Why would you want to stay in that place?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Kind of a bummer that Omori got buried super late I have been meaning to play it myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Next bonus game went up (Halo Infinite for $77,777.77) so they either recalculated the bonus game incentives on the fly or seriously miscalculated how much FNAF crossover fandom there was.

Either way, hopefully tomorrow's bonus won't be so much of a death march.