Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DC Murderverse posted:

you don’t need a reward to spend time with all your friends, their happiness is it’s own reward

(also you can give one of them your Platonic Friendship Whistle and an achievement when you get enough of them)

:stare: you only get one of those per playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Eimi posted:

:stare: you only get one of those per playthrough.

i can whistle at my friends whenever I want, no game or concept like “math” can stop me

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Zore posted:

...huh, you know the thought just came to me that TWSITD are just the Fodlan version of XCOM from the recent games

1) Fighting against alien invaders
2) Developing new technologies through horrific scientific experiments on the bodies of the aliens.
3) Using the very bodies of their enemies as weapons.
4) Lose because they were betrayed, start an underground resistance against the alien-controlled government
5) Aliens use their own gene research and powers against them
6) On a deadline as the aliens are trying to complete the Avatar project

The biggest difference is that after XCOM wins they don't commit genocide in Chimera Squad :v:

...gently caress

Who's dr. Valhen? Thales?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo my Mario amiibo just gave me a Brave Bow :stare:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm surprised it wasn't a hammer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man Lysithea as a swordsperson is hilarious. Give her Thunderbrand and Shadowblade alone and she basically can use skills nonstop 24/7 because there is no way you're running out of durability before everything on the map is dead and Thunderbrand's reduced cooldown effect means it recharges almost instantly.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Holy gently caress the Enlightened One moveset :circlefap:

Byleth status: still rules.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Honest to god Golden Wildfire to Chapter 8 is just absolutely amazing. This game rules and it's done an absolutely amazing job of building on Three Houses.

Anyway, Leonie being a goddess of death again makes me incredibly happy. Like game tells me "Don't fight Byleth" and then my girl just loving curbstomps her.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I was just going to make a post about how this game rules.

Game rules and I'm still on my first playthrough

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
I think the most general thing that makes me like this game is the fact that it feels like they had a checklist of every complaint people had about Three Houses and just addressed all of them one after the other.

Great game, best musou I’ve played in a long time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Notty posted:

I think the most general thing that makes me like this game is the fact that it feels like they had a checklist of every complaint people had about Three Houses and just addressed all of them one after the other.

Great game, best musou I’ve played in a long time.

not all of them, you still can't put hubert on a pegasus or make bernie an mma champion

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm also so glad it doesn't run like AOC. I loved AOC for the story but man it ran like poo poo.

This runs great, and I just played 90 hours of Three Houses so yeah this is awesome.

e: it's also nice to have a voiced player

e: I just now got the battle suggestions and whistle, games too deep for my stoned brain

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 28, 2022

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
man, those kill amount of people conditions are so annoying. they want me to kill the commanders slower so they can spawn goons??

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
the chapter 10 mission is currently pissing me off because the AI is loving braindead

I want to recruit byleth but that involves, obviously, not killing her. Which means Claude needs to get his happy rear end to the loving retreat point before she notices him. Which means he needs to stop getting distracted by the loving wall, and go through the goddamn open gate you idiot :argh:

game, stop putting important characters on the green team, its like feeding them lead-based paint

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I really wish you could unlock classes with seals directly from the training menu instead of making a note of which units have maxed their training, backing out into the acquire class menu, buying the class, and then backing into the training menu again

You’d think with all the secret QoL buttons this game has, that’d be one of them, but if it is, I can’t find it

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

man, those kill amount of people conditions are so annoying. they want me to kill the commanders slower so they can spawn goons??

I'll trade any number of kill a certain number of people missions for the loving fog missions - particularly the rescue ones. Especially given the game doesn't actually give you any indication on the map where the objectives are. Supposed to save someone under attack? Hope you get lucky and guess the right spot while ignoring all enemies - because stopping to fight anyone likely results in the objective dying while you flail around blindly - as guessing too wrong and you likely fail the mission. Hope you like restarting!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blaziken386 posted:

claude's schemes are great in this and i love how they gently caress with you, the player, a little bit

"mission objective: Save Randolph."
"okay, let me just run over there and... hm. can't get through here, can't get through there... gently caress, am I going to get a game over because i can't read a map?? what the hell am I supposed to do??"
[Randalph is nearly routed]
"fucccckk, god dammit, dont make me start this level again"
claude: "wellp, he died. oh well. Hey, we're doing fine though. :v:"
me: "...oooooohhhh." :getin:

This rules, they even play the mission failed noise to fake you out.

Blaziken386 posted:

the chapter 10 mission is currently pissing me off because the AI is loving braindead

I want to recruit byleth but that involves, obviously, not killing her. Which means Claude needs to get his happy rear end to the loving retreat point before she notices him. Which means he needs to stop getting distracted by the loving wall, and go through the goddamn open gate you idiot :argh:

game, stop putting important characters on the green team, its like feeding them lead-based paint

Are you watching Claude directly? I just assigned a character I wasn't playing as to guard him while I focused on a different part of the map, only switching back when I needed to clear his path. That might help

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Ainsley McTree posted:

I really wish you could unlock classes with seals directly from the training menu instead of making a note of which units have maxed their training, backing out into the acquire class menu, buying the class, and then backing into the training menu again

You’d think with all the secret QoL buttons this game has, that’d be one of them, but if it is, I can’t find it

yeah it sucks

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also it should be said revealing you have no army actually isn’t that big a deal. Many countries did that when desperate and while they had to eat poo poo for their personal pride it worked out for them in the long run

Or just be Zhuge Liang and stand by yourself in an empty garrison and win the battle because the enemy retreated, "No loving way is he actually alone, there's definitely an ambush unit waiting for us."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Welp that's Azure Gleam down, and unfortunately it kinda collapsed in on itself in the end there. All the poo poo in the chapter where Arval betrays you and Epicurius or whatever the gently caress his name was is loving dire, it's pretty clear they wanted Shez to have a voice in their head like Byleth did but had no idea how to actually tie it into the story in a satisfying way. Also lmao that they lobotomized Edelgard but then also wanted her to have a chat with Dimitri, so she's magically back to normal in the evil dimension for five minutes with like one throwaway line of dialogue justifying it. Also it's two games now and the writers still can't decide scene to scene if Edelgard and Dimitri remember their time together as children or not. Everything they did with Edelgard in this route was abysmal to the point that it felt like the writer held some kind of weird grudge. Also the story doesn't even conclusively end, you just kill Thales and the narration goes "yeah anyway war keeps going to crush the Empire, who knows how that will go!" :downs:

Golden Wildfire next, hopefully Claude's take on things is a bit less stupid.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Or just be Zhuge Liang and stand by yourself in an empty garrison and win the battle because the enemy retreated, "No loving way is he actually alone, there's definitely an ambush unit waiting for us."

Who's the Three Houses version of Zhuge Liang, courtesy name Kongming, anyway?

Robin is the Fire Emblem character with the best track record for insane strategies, and Itsuki Aoi has some of the same talent for Japanese music industry management, but nobody in three houses seems on quite that level.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

chiasaur11 posted:

Who's the Three Houses version of Zhuge Liang, courtesy name Kongming, anyway?

Robin is the Fire Emblem character with the best track record for insane strategies, and Itsuki Aoi has some of the same talent for Japanese music industry management, but nobody in three houses seems on quite that level.

Hubert or Claude are probably the closest? Both pull off some real bullshit in this game.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Finished GD route, ending was kind of unsatisfying but maybe because I turbomurdered Byleth instead of running away, look you put the enemies in front of me in a musou and i'm gonna kill em that's just how it works ok.

Claude is pretty turbobusted once he gets to Barbarossa because the fireballs sit on the ground and tick damage and wp damage really fast so you can basically just delete anything if you hit with them.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I just beat ch 10 and this game is so drat good but somehow they forgot to add an Edelgard and Byleth support, how will I make them kiss?!?!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Three Hopes is the ironic name because every ending is a grim reminder that these kids are so hosed without Byleth the psychiatrist.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Really mentoring those kids via silently standing there.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I dunno. Someone actually listening in a non-judgemental way without is really hard to find. More so given the children are all mostly political pawns.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Tae posted:

Three Hopes is the ironic name because every ending is a grim reminder that these kids are so hosed without Byleth the psychiatrist.

Is it really any different? Both games end the same way, with your house alive and the other two houses dead. No one is really worse off at the end of their new route compared to their old route.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

galagazombie posted:

Is it really any different? Both games end the same way, with your house alive and the other two houses dead. No one is really worse off at the end of their new route compared to their old route.

Edelguard's ending without saving byleth has the war raging on with no end in sight

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

hosed up that Jeralt and Byleth have such small support pools. I feel like they should at least have C-ranks with the respective lords, but nooo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tae posted:

Edelguard's ending without saving byleth has the war raging on with no end in sight

Well, that's not fair. 3Houses had 5 years of war while 3Hopes, the war just started

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

hosed up that Jeralt and Byleth have such small support pools. I feel like they should at least have C-ranks with the respective lords, but nooo.

No one knows them. No one trusts them. And why should they?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Bloodly posted:

No one knows them. No one trusts them. And why should they?
counterpoint: maybe the army should chill out and go fishing with them.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I have reached acceptance and decided it’s actually pretty funny that now Dimtri is a centrist they had to write Edelgard as a mute baby or she would have torn him to bits.

Here she is drooling into her bib under the supervision of one of her caretakers (who also happens to be one of her former abusers). Cool. Cool cool cool. lol. lmao, even.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Really mentoring those kids via silently standing there.

Yeah this is really the big difference to me. At least Shez is an actual character. Byleth combines the blank slate of a Western RPG character with the single path of a JRPG character and makes something that is an absolute nothing. They even wrote into the story that Byleth doesn't emote or say much to excuse it. Hideo Kojima did the same thing except it was an excuse to see video game tits rather than not giving the main character any personality.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I have reached acceptance and decided it’s actually pretty funny that now Dimtri is a centrist they had to write Edelgard as a mute baby or she would have torn him to bits.

Here she is drooling into her bib under the supervision of one of her caretakers (who also happens to be one of her former abusers). Cool. Cool cool cool. lol. lmao, even.

It’s like some monkey’s paw-like reversal in all the wrong ways of Azure Moon. ”Oh people didn’t like that Edelgard was portrayed as a one-sided villain who literally turned into a monster at the end in Three Houses? Okay, now she’s a damsel in distress and all the trauma she had is erased so she can have the childhood the Slithers stole from her!” :downs:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
They desperately regret making Byleth a mute.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's funny how much more of a character they manage to be even with the limited screen time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

It’s like some monkey’s paw-like reversal in all the wrong ways of Azure Moon. ”Oh people didn’t like that Edelgard was portrayed as a one-sided villain who literally turned into a monster at the end in Three Houses? Okay, now she’s a damsel in distress and all the trauma she had is erased so she can have the childhood the Slithers stole from her!” :downs:

Edie was good in Azure Moon frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I remember when Bernie's father was the most hated man in the fandom but I think Duke Aegir has stolen that title, I want to rip his head off bare-handed, holy poo poo do I hate him now.