Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

I know this isn't exactly the right thread for it, but the only thing that Disney has in the works TV-wise from the Lucasfilm IP catalog that I'm looking forward to is the Willow TV show. That was a cool, goofy universe, and I'm glad that Warwick Davis is involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGr9eD1Y4OQ

My disappointment is palpable that Disney didn't have the balls to just make an adaptation of Shadow Moon: The Sequel to Willow: The Novel co-written by George Lucas himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Maybe they'll do like the Dark Crystal series and take the novel stuff as canon for the worldbuilding but tell a new story?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

nine-gear crow posted:

My disappointment is palpable that Disney didn't have the balls to just make an adaptation of Shadow Moon: The Sequel to Willow: The Novel co-written by George Lucas himself.

Yeah, the Chris Claremont trilogy is kind of weird. When I found out he was the guy who wrote X-Men's Days of Future Past a lot of the things in that trilogy started to add up.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
E: misread

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
"Light and shadow. Good and Evil. When the balance is upset, the universe corrects."

"Darkness rises and light to meet it. I warned my young apprentice that as he grew stronger, his equal in the light would rise."

FFS CAN WE GET SOME NEW GODDAMN IDEAS.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
Warwick Davis is a treasure and we'll all be happy to see more of him. If you're feeling down right now might I suggest "An Idiot Abroad Season 3" starring our friend who may be short in stature but large on life.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HK5000 posted:

Warwick Davis is a treasure and we'll all be happy to see more of him. If you're feeling down right now might I suggest "An Idiot Abroad Season 3" starring our friend who may be short in stature but large on life.

He’s pretty much the only thing that made the Leprechaun movies watchable

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SolarFire2 posted:

"Light and shadow. Good and Evil. When the balance is upset, the universe corrects."

"Darkness rises and light to meet it. I warned my young apprentice that as he grew stronger, his equal in the light would rise."

FFS CAN WE GET SOME NEW GODDAMN IDEAS.

yeah that was a epic [googling it] uh snoke line i guess

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

HK5000 posted:

Life's Too Short is pretty incredible as well, even if it does have the stink of Ricky Gervais in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjGL-8qzJUA

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Life's Too Short is pretty incredible as well, even if it does have the stink of Ricky Gervais in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjGL-8qzJUA

Never seen it but you got the last part right. I loved the Office (with him) long before it was a USA sensation and by then the jokes became stale. Still, thank you for introducing me to some TV I've never seen before!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

HK5000 posted:

Never seen it but you got the last part right. I loved the Office (with him) long before it was a USA sensation and by then the jokes became stale. Still, thank you for introducing me to some TV I've never seen before!

Yeah, Ricky and Stephen Merchant are both in it playing themselves. There's a lot of them in it if you're done with them. However, here is a clip that is just Warwick and his idiot assistant installing and disposing of a washing machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTxL-7atnGE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Finished this show tonight and it sucked bad lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
All the way thru the last frame I was waiting for some badass cameo to come and make me say hell yea but it didn’t happen

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol that they cribbed so much poo poo from the cartoons haha. When anakin was dueling Obiewan I said he’ll wait for the half helmet chop and then it happened wow

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
It would own if Virgil from Farscape showed up lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
And then Norman from mighty max.

That’s a little thing called free association boys

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
There isn't a character called Virgil in Farscape

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Just let him go man

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Smythe posted:

All the way thru the last frame I was waiting for some badass cameo to come and make me say hell yea but it didn’t happen
What, Qui-Gon isn’t enough?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

He meant like this https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterM...utm_name=iossmf

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

LARRY: Episode 1

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

That was really fuckin good.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

2house2fly posted:

sorry i was thinking about rygel

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That would be enough to distract anyone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ive been to jumbos clown room (featured in the first 30 seconds of this)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

quigon was pretty sick but what if when the lady was about to murk luke instead of her having a change of heart the bandana guy from bad batch sniped her or trapped her in a huge team rocket style net? ????

i also think the drive from wherever obiwan was to tatooine was way fast. like REALLY fast. i was thinking "wow lets see how fast ftl is in this show... is it? will they?? ?? oh???" and then they did

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

reva raises her lightsaber to kill luke skywalker. "we don't think so." the whole gang's here - wedge antilles, pando baba, the bandana guy from bad batch, W. Wald, a teenage Nien Numb, quarsh panaka. they all take turns doing wrestling moves on her

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That DICK! posted:

reva raises her lightsaber to kill luke skywalker. "we don't think so." the whole gang's here - wedge antilles, pando baba, the bandana guy from bad batch, W. Wald, a teenage Nien Numb, quarsh panaka. they all take turns doing wrestling moves on her
Don’t forget Bigger Luke

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That DICK! posted:

hell yea

e: lolling more and more as i look up this rogues gallery of star wars dudes

Smythe fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 28, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this show broke so much canon i think it must be pruned from my mind. luke got chased by a lightsaber wielding psycho when he was like 10? wouldn't he remember this?????????????? ??!!!!!

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Smythe posted:

this show broke so much canon i think it must be pruned from my mind. luke got chased by a lightsaber wielding psycho when he was like 10? wouldn't he remember this?????????????? ??!!!!!

As has been mentioned before, if you look at the scenes you never see Luke actually see the lightsaber or his pursuer. For all he knows he was chased by a Tusken, knocked unconscious and then saved, probably by Old Ben.

The show has many many flaws, but this really isn't one of them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Name's Panaka... ... Q..uarsh (???) Panaka. Shaken not Stirred

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dave Syndrome posted:

As has been mentioned before, if you look at the scenes you never see Luke actually see the lightsaber or his pursuer. For all he knows he was chased by a Tusken, knocked unconscious and then saved, probably by Old Ben.

oh ok. sorry.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Smythe posted:

He technically never saw her lightsaber. She kept turning it off, and then she would see him. It was, like, the 5th, “I mean, I guess,” of the show. At minimum.

Like, “Leia doesn’t have reference her time with Kenobi when she was 10 and they formed a life long bond in her hologram message to him in ANH.” I mean, I guess.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Smythe posted:

sorry i was thinking about rygel

Hell yeah!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

space doctor: congratulations mr panaka, it's a boy. what will we name him

mr panaka: [getting kicked in the balls at that exact moment]

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That DICK! posted:

space doctor: congratulations mr panaka, it's a boy. what will we name him

mr panaka: [getting kicked in the balls at that exact moment]

ahahahahahahahahahahh hahahahahaahahaha

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wow apparently ol' quarsh had leia figured out too, like immediately

quote:

Panaka briefly met with Queen Dalné of the Naboo and Leia Organa, princess of Alderaan, at his chalet. As soon as he saw her, the Moff was struck by the image of Organa wearing a Naboo jubilation dress, which strongly reminded him of Queen Amidala decades ago. Although his visitors wanted to discuss the working conditions of the local spice miners, Panaka redirected the conversation toward Organa's background, asking her whether she had been adopted and who her birth parents were. By the end of the meeting, Panaka came to suspect that Organa was in fact the long-lost daughter of the late Amidala—which she was indeed. Although the Moff intended to warn the Emperor of his findings as soon as his visitors were gone, he did not have the time, as a bomb exploded in his chalet, destroying the building and killing him in the process.

Is Darth Vader the dumbest man alive?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dave Syndrome posted:

I mean, there's not technically a plot hole but having to craft a scene in a way that it juuuuust squeezes into the canon like it did is still weird. Like an episode of Mando where it's revealed Grogu was there in the first scene of Vader and Leia in ANH but don't worry, he was behind a Rebel officer's corpse so that's why we don't see him in the movie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That DICK! posted:

Is Darth Vader the dumbest man alive?

You should turn your monitor on