Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

You know, couch is cool. I'm cool with couch.

The energy of the last ~15 minutes kinda picked up. Run ended better than it started. Still not the best, but not the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEEAARR!!
Nov 9, 2004

Someone got hit
in the boingloins!

Hit in the boingloins!
Boingloins! Boingloins!
Someone got hit in them!
Let's run this joke into the ground!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

poemdexter posted:

What should my expectations be when watching SGDQ runs?
oh i just mean that, FNAF lore is such a giant subject that people do multi-hour videos on it on youtube (which you couldn't pay me to watch). it'd be like trying to explain the kingdom hearts timeline in an hour to someone who's never heard of the game, but that someone is the viewer

there are literally 9 mainline FNAF games and 5 spinoff games

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 28, 2022

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I hope the Charles Entertainment Cheese corporate headquarters sees SGDQ and they put out a Sneak King level quality game.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's 2 AM and now I really want some pizza

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

there are literally 9 mainline FNAF games and 5 spinoff games

Crazy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

youtuber MatPat (i'm just googling this, i didn't have this info in the back of my brain) has 57 videos about FNAF lore and theorycrafting, totalling over 19 hours of runtime. They have a combined 41.4 million views

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This could be pretty good

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

"I have never played this game, outside of the one casual playthrough I did[...]" I think I have a different conception of what "never played this game" means.

e:

The 7th Guest posted:

youtuber MatPat (i'm just googling this, i didn't have this info in the back of my brain) has 57 videos about FNAF lore and theorycrafting, totalling over 19 hours of runtime. They have a combined 41.4 million views

huh

is this what the youth are up to? i don't really. hmm.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't recall being able to move this fast back when I played Outlast

the game wasn't super scary but it did look nice at the time. i think i was starting to get tired of "people with mental health issues SURE ARE CWAZY!!!!" but i liked the camcorder aspect

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

There's a lot of screen tearing going on and it's messing with me and I'm resisting the urge to yell out that they need to turn on vsync, but, they need to turn on vsync.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

i don't recall being able to move this fast back when I played Outlast

the game wasn't super scary but it did look nice at the time. i think i was starting to get tired of "people with mental health issues SURE ARE CWAZY!!!!" but i liked the camcorder aspect

I don't know, I thought it was pretty scary lol

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

There's a lot of screen tearing going on and it's messing with me and I'm resisting the urge to yell out that they need to turn on vsync, but, they need to turn on vsync.

Only one step down from people touching my monitor when pointing at it, is screen tearing. /twitch

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wiltsghost posted:

I don't know, I thought it was pretty scary lol
i think i'm not super easily scared by games. soma was pretty scary but in an existential way. outlast is just sort of a themed haunted house, and that can be fun, but it doesn't terrify me especially with how tropey it is

i think if I had played Siren or Siren 2 as a kid I would've been pretty spooked because of the way faces were rendered and the crushing atmosphere of that game

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

What did sous-chefs do to this host to incite such terrible hatred?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

this is my fave way to enjoy horror games, oob and trivialized.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That was really cool how he showed his hit box.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Flesnolk posted:

Since it's going to lifesaving charity instead of Mike Uyama's 17th yacht or 3rd Met Gala ticket, I'm a lot more sympathetic. It does start to border on hubris though

Charity is just what liberals use to excuse capitalism's failures so in that way it's even worse.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Go back to cspam

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Reading back on the posts it seems like the hunt for FNAF incentive went as well as I expected. Maybe the incentive limits have been a bit too greedy lately, or in this case overestimated how much the game interests people. (haven't seen the actual run)

Watching a bit on Phasmophobia it probably should've been just Brossentia's screen instead of 4 separate ones. I have played the game a fair bit and it still seems confusing as hell to follow. Really dig the game though so I'll check the VOD for sure.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Omori is a game I keep meaning to play, so I'll have to bail on the live stream for tonight. VOD time! Any highlights from last night between Warden and Super Castlevania?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Another downside of being on site: no runners' cats

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kestral posted:

Omori is a game I keep meaning to play, so I'll have to bail on the live stream for tonight. VOD time! Any highlights from last night between Warden and Super Castlevania?

That's a block I need to VOD as well, but at least the Blaster Master race was pretty good.

OMORI seems like it'll be a story-heavy RPG with lots of FEELS so I think I'll VOD something from last night for now.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

TeaJay posted:

That's a block I need to VOD as well, but at least the Blaster Master race was pretty good.

OMORI seems like it'll be a story-heavy RPG with lots of FEELS so I think I'll VOD something from last night for now.

Oh hell yes, UA's Blaster Master race!

... oh my god the green is so bright, UA what is going on with this television they gave you? Is this how it's supposed to look, or, uh... not?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
People really don't want to poison that chef

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

in before someone tries to do an extremely forced Japanese pronunciation of the word "Omori" for the entire run

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kestral posted:

Oh hell yes, UA's Blaster Master race!

... oh my god the green is so bright, UA what is going on with this television they gave you? Is this how it's supposed to look, or, uh... not?

It looked like he was playing on a console that had the NES playchoice 10 palette which is a lot more vibrant than other options.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Re: the Blaster Master run, I hope this isn't impolite to ask, but does anyone know the name of the minor speech impediment davidtki seems to have? I ask because one of the kids I do volunteer work with has something similar, and I've been reluctant to ask because he's self-conscious about it.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Kestral posted:

Re: the Blaster Master run, I hope this isn't impolite to ask, but does anyone know the name of the minor speech impediment davidtki seems to have? I ask because one of the kids I do volunteer work with has something similar, and I've been reluctant to ask because he's self-conscious about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhotacism

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

re: watching the Phasmophobia run, how does it seem like for someone who doesn't play the game? I feel like Brossentia is explaining it pretty well but then he has to stop and actually play the game

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I found it kind of incomprehensible

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I loved the part where Brossentia died and tried to communicate by throwing objects. I tried to do that in my own games but others never understood the signals.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm pretty sure this gets asked every time an incentive feels too big, but who picks those? I assume the runner does for modifier incentives on their run (glitch showcase, blindfold final boss, stuff like that) but when it's a whole game to schedule around?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Flesnolk posted:

I found it kind of incomprehensible

When the ghost shows up and starts loving with you then hunts and kills people it's probably the scariest game I've ever played

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

I'm pretty sure this gets asked every time an incentive feels too big, but who picks those? I assume the runner does for modifier incentives on their run (glitch showcase, blindfold final boss, stuff like that) but when it's a whole game to schedule around?

According to the submission page, the runners can volunteer any modifier incentives after the game has been accepted but before the schedule has been posted. Backup and Bonus games are decided by the committee but it doesn't provide any details about how they pick those.

All the dollar amounts are set by GDQ.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Almost up at the host desk. Greak has been a treat to watch.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Greak's been fine, but I'm really looking forward to Infernax, just did my own playthrough and can't wait to see it done somewhat faster

Interesting stuff like Majuu Ou and Earnest Evans to name a few coming later this afternoon.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just woke up and it's funny to see all that extra effort to get FNAF in the run ended up being not great either.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Infernax glitches own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Infernax glitches own

The shop glitch was funny