Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I’m seeing double! Four hallelujahs!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We're almost at one nineteen!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love juiceone and I appreciate their efforts

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Montague Tigg posted:

SIMPSONS? MEMES, ARE FUNNY!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love juiceone and I appreciate their efforts

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd like to also express my fondness for that uh, particular poster.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Hey sorry I disappeared for a bit I got sick but am recovering

Some great ones in there as always but yeesh I’d bet this came from SA - only a goon could have such absolute disregard for meter. Get well soon

And put me down as a loud and ardent supporter of JuiceOne and his meme mastery

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

iso-TOPES

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Someone with some skill do the full grimesy freak out to death but edited where Grimes is juiceone and the homer equivalent is the psalms guy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Maestro posted:

Some great ones in there as always but yeesh I’d bet this came from SA - only a goon could have such absolute disregard for meter. Get well soon

Is it that bad? It's just an extra syllable. You can sing the "-plete" part just like the "Ned" part.

You just have to "com-" quickly.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lobok posted:

Is it that bad? It's just an extra syllable. You can sing the "-plete" part just like the "Ned" part.

You just have to "com-" quickly.

"Whole" and "full" were right there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I know but it's not throwing the whole thing off so badly as it is like the typical terrible goon lyrics.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
🎶 Everyone else loves
Getting fired for that meter 🎶

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CommonShore posted:

"Whole" and "full" were right there.

Both of which have "down" sounds and clash with the "up" sound of ned. Being the right number of syllables is often less important than finding sounds that match the rhythm of stressed syllables. You're effectively arguing that decasyllabilic verse is no different than iambic pentameter! You fool!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lobok posted:

I know but it's not throwing the whole thing off so badly as it is like the typical terrible goon lyrics.

It is.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Both of which have "down" sounds and clash with the "up" sound of ned. Being the right number of syllables is often less important than finding sounds that match the rhythm of stressed syllables. You're effectively arguing that decasyllabilic verse is no different than iambic pentameter! You fool!

At least it’s one stressed syllable that sounds natural when elongated so it’s a lot closer. I would go with “one” or “two” maybe

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
if I could I would edit McBain and the guy who got shot into Shadow the Hedgehog and Maria. But I can't so you'll have to imagine it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

if I could I would edit McBain and the guy who got shot into Shadow the Hedgehog and Maria. But I can't so you'll have to imagine it

I'm imagining it and it's good

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Maestro posted:

At least it’s one stressed syllable that sounds natural when elongated so it’s a lot closer. I would go with “one” or “two” maybe

Panel 1:
"Everyone else loves three panels!"

Panel 2:
"Not me!"

Panel 3:
*homer just standing there looking cross*

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm just remembering now that even the actual Ned Flanders song from the episode breaks meter or whatever the phrase is with that "everyone who counts" part.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You can fit any number of syllables into a given meter, the real thing goons are incapable of doing is understanding the mindset of other people

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Panel 1:
"Everyone else loves three panels!"

Panel 2:
"Not me!"

Panel 3:
*homer just standing there looking cross*

Perfect, we’ve done it

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Didn't we've?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

Eh, I was just being a pissbaby that night about how dumb the whole Graggle thing was and how much press and recognition it was getting. I'm sure I'll probably make more Simpsons memes but they'll be solely for this thread and under the header "For the meme thread" because the plebs on Twitter don't appreciate them like you all do. I've also been doing these for like five years! I need to divert my attention to stuff that will make me a living (so I have more free time to make Simpsons memes).

As for Patreon, I've had a Ko-Fi and an online store collecting dust for years, and if people aren't willing to buy and then receive actual things from me then there's no way they're going to give me money for nothing!

JuiceOne fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 28, 2022

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

JuiceOne posted:

As for Patreon, I've had a Ko-Fi and an online store collecting dust for years, and if people aren't willing to buy and then receive actual things from me then there's no way they're going to give me money for nothing!

I give Dankmus $5 a month and he just fixes iPods now

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

Sockser posted:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

:bisonyes: :bisonyes: :bisonyes:

We're back people!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Sockser posted:

Oh is that what he's up to?

Sounds about right

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

JuiceOne posted:

, and if people aren't willing to buy and then receive actual things from me then there's no way they're going to give me money for nothing!

A good number of people see patreons more as a gift than a purchase, so they're more likely to toss in a couple dollars to someone they like with no strings than they are to buy a mug they don't really want.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tunicate posted:

A good number of people see patreons more as a gift than a purchase, so they're more likely to toss in a couple dollars to someone they like with no strings than they are to buy a mug they don't really want.

its me and I would

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
yeah, I give wildly different amounts purely off my appreciation of the parasocial experience

it's the logical endpoint of all current attempts at "compassionate" Capitalism

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Season 9 of Simpsons memes.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

The Season 9 of Simpsons memes.

It's still funny, but not "haha" funny

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

JuiceOne posted:

Eh, I was just being a pissbaby that night about how dumb the whole Graggle thing was and how much press and recognition it was getting. I'm sure I'll probably make more Simpsons memes but they'll be solely for this thread and under the header "For the meme thread" because the plebs on Twitter don't appreciate them like you all do. I've also been doing these for like five years! I need to divert my attention to stuff that will make me a living (so I have more free time to make Simpsons memes).

rip dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNPF4Ztq98

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

It's usually just services in my experience