Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Caesar Saladin posted:

Can someone link me to George Carlin actually being funny? I've only seen him do these kinda annoying speeches about how everyone is really dumb. Like, someone show me a joke.

What is it with goons and poo poo opinions ITT tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this thread is on repeat

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So where do you want to go back to? Do you want to be able to call Black people the n-word? Mexicans the w-word? Poles the p-word? Where do you, personally, draw the line of "Whoa this is unacceptable language to be used"?

I'm genuinely curious

drat right I want to be able to call Poles "pasketti-lovers" again!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

drat right I want to be able to call Poles "pasketti-lovers" again!

i had to google "mexican w-word" because i've only heard it in movies lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

There was a whole US government operation named that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmfao

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Who What Now posted:

What is it with goons and poo poo opinions ITT tonight?

i'm just asking to see a funny joke from him and not like, a speech. Like something with a punchline.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Schweinhund posted:

Django Unchained is from 10 years ago FYI.

Hateful Eight, then.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There was a whole US government operation named that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

The Greaser Act was named on an even older Mexcian slur!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Kchama posted:

The Greaser Act was named on an even older Mexcian slur!

That one threw me because I've known greasers to be dudes with slicked back hair and leather jackets with a 50s aesthetic

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That one threw me because I've known greasers to be dudes with slicked back hair and leather jackets with a 50s aesthetic

It's actually very possible that the 1950s Greasers got the name from the old slur, because the aesthetic originated from the same ethnic groups that the slur was used for.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm just asking to see a funny joke from him and not like, a speech. Like something with a punchline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4salb9noD8

the jokes are inside the speech

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

this thread is on repeat

feels like the whole world is lately

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
gently caress i wish someone would shoot me in my stupid loving face

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They couldn’t make eBaum’s World today. That’s how you know it’s all gone to poo poo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

He's right, language has become pussified, in the sense that words that used to be considered offensive by certain demographics are still considered offensive like they have been for decades, but now you have an entire half of the country getting mad at words like "CRT," "Gay Pride," "Diversity," "Toxic Masculinity," I could go on.

The people acting like pussies about words are the people who are being pussies about poo poo that literally isn't even cursing, it doesn't even denigrate anyone, half the time the poo poo they're so hypersensitive about are things that are positive, like Gay Pride, literally getting mad at people being happy and proud about themselves.

Racists/homophobes/transphobes/misogynists/etc are upset about these things because they think that these groups being slightly less marginalized means they themselves will be subject to the same lovely behavior they've heaped onto the various people or groups they've always marginalized because they could get away with it. It's just another example in the endless list of examples of chuds telling on themselves.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Yeah, and don't forget those fatphobic bastards. As goons we identify as healthy and we are valid.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

It's wanker. I hear it all the time. Straight to my face.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Schweinhund posted:

Django Unchained is from 10 years ago FYI.

ya and its enduring cultural resonance is young white americans comparing their emotional state to an image of leonardo dicaprio as a slave owner

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

MassiveSky posted:

Carlin would have been cancelled five seconds into a show today. The whole "pussification of language" basically sums up the last decade.

You have posted five times since I've asked this question, so I can only assume what I asked was correct

carry on

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MassiveSky posted:

Carlin would have been cancelled five seconds into a show today.

i don't think so, tim

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm just asking to see a funny joke

Turn off your monitor :boom:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bar Patron posted:

Yeah, and don't forget those fatphobic bastards. As goons we identify as healthy and we are valid.

the "identify with" bit is a weird right wing fantasy. No trans/GNC person has ever said it, we just are what we are. It mostly identifies you as unfunny

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Bar Patron posted:

Did you assume my BMI?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

WTF is a Gervias?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

InsertPotPun posted:

oh jesus christ. hey they TOTALLY couldn't make "blazing saddles" today either!!

Always makes me think of this fun tweet when I see that sentiment thrown around

https://twitter.com/budrykzack/status/1410402722713645059?lang=en

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Escape From Noise posted:

WTF is a Gervias?

A miserable pile of transphobia

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this is all just viral marketing for Jordan Peele's upcoming Blazing Saddles remake, isn't it

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
They make parody movies all the time and nobody gives a poo poo.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

EL BROMANCE posted:

Always makes me think of this fun tweet when I see that sentiment thrown around

https://twitter.com/budrykzack/status/1410402722713645059?lang=en
haha! "holy poo poo is mel brooks here? sh-should we call him?"

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Why do people care so much about blazing saddles?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Why do people care so much about blazing saddles?

I've never seen it but apparently a non-Black person uses the N-word in it, and somehow the movie makes it totally justified (just like how that one movie where Robert Downey Jr. did blackface made that justified, I guess), and apparently that's the absolute coolest most awesome thing that any movie could possibly do

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't seen Blazing Saddles but RDJ thing in Tropic Thunder always felt meta enough to be funny to me. I mean, it's a stupid movie but it's kind of funny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't seen Blazing Saddles but RDJ thing in Tropic Thunder always felt meta enough to be funny to me. I mean, it's a stupid movie but it's kind of funny.

you should watch blazing saddles its a good movie

like its no young frankenstein but its one of the few mel brooks movies that's "actually good"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is there literally anyone in the world who was mad about RDJ in tropic thunder and, followup question, how do they get out of bed in the morning without injuring themself

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
see, we can all be bad comedians, i don't think we should keep giving these blokes money to do it

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The Tropic Thunder joke is 0% about black dudes and 100% about Hollywood making GBS threads itself when a millionaire subjects himself to the undesirables so he can bleed for his art, so the joke stands. Unlike that white kid in Rent who gets praised for it? I think.

I will never see Rent.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There is no blackface in Rent. The main cast is majority queer and POC. There are two white straight dudes who are also artists and live in an illegal slumlord studio because they want to be artists and not have office jobs. A homeless character shits on them for that (but probably not enough)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Anne Whateley posted:

There is no blackface in Rent. The main cast is majority queer and POC. There are two white straight dudes who are also artists and live in an illegal slumlord studio because they want to be artists and not have office jobs. A homeless character shits on them for that (but probably not enough)

Last bit was what I was referring to. A privileged character gets praised by the script for being deeper than his family for... essentially exploiting the homeless while maintaining his privilege? And I know the homeless lady's line is there, but no one seems to care or change because of it.

The character does the same thing method actors do because he thinks it makes him a deeper, more complex artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I've never seen it but apparently a non-Black person uses the N-word in it, and somehow the movie makes it totally justified (just like how that one movie where Robert Downey Jr. did blackface made that justified, I guess), and apparently that's the absolute coolest most awesome thing that any movie could possibly do

IIRC, The only white people who say the N-word in Blazing Saddles are racist shitbags, or pretending to be a racist shitbag at literal gunpoint.