Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Infernax was a pretty impressive run, lots of good tech throughout.

MacBat 64: Journey of a nice chap sounds like something utterly british

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

TeaJay posted:

MacBat 64: Journey of a nice chap sounds like something utterly british

Well the whole point is to be like a rareware n64 game so mission accomplished

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
RIP MacBat, silently pushed off of the Up Next listing

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

JethroMcB posted:

RIP MacBat, silently pushed off of the Up Next listing

Runner didn't show up, probably asleep in their room and they don't know where to send the muscle.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Majuu Ou - Don't let your daughter become a catgirl

Looks like we have a japanese runner for Kamiko.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Huh, I woke up early to watch the SNES game (The SNES, being the console I personally played as a kid, is clearly superior to all the consoles that I didn't), only to find the schedule got shuffled and it already aired. Oh well, I can always catch the VOD.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The donation total and pace have been pretty average so far but for some reason it feels like things are way behind.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Holy poo poo this spritework is so ugly. Who hurt you Genesis devs.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

holy moly this earnest evans game looks cursed, weird puppet animations and zero iframes

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nice hat!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It looks like you're playing as a rejected Gunstar Heroes boss, this rules

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
The rolling animation is so good

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I love games where you pick up motorcycles and break them over your knee

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Wow this is way more remote runs than I expected. I like that for a bunch of reasons. Mixing remote and in person seems pretty great so far.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Battle axe looks good as hell

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Chainclaw posted:

Wow this is way more remote runs than I expected. I like that for a bunch of reasons. Mixing remote and in person seems pretty great so far.

Yeah I originally had an idea it was gonna be like, only a few, hence the "remote block" but it's already more than I expected. It's nice.

Already loving this Battle Axe run with this energy

CAN YOU HEAR ME CROWD OF COURSE YOU CAN'T SINCE I'M IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY

LITERALLY ONE GOLD SHORT I'M DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Holy poo poo Battle Axe looks stunning, I thought it was gonna be a sidescroller beat-em-up instead of isometric. Instant wishlist.

I like the energy of this runner too.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Genthil posted:

Holy poo poo Battle Axe looks stunning, I thought it was gonna be a sidescroller beat-em-up instead of isometric. Instant wishlist.

I like the energy of this runner too.

Yeah i'd never heard of this game but it looks fun as all hell.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Good run, a lot of energy for a guy doing a solo remote one.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
There are now $35k worth of incentives for the Yakuza run this afternoon.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Looking forward to the Yakuza 7 run. I've seen that game done before but it's such a charming experience. I'm not the biggest fan of your multi-hour JRPG runs, but I make an exception for Yakuza: LAD

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Looking forward to the Yakuza 7 run. I've seen that game done before but it's such a charming experience. I'm not the biggest fan of your multi-hour JRPG runs, but I make an exception for Yakuza: LAD

The runner Froob is very entertaining, he's someone who definitely can carry a multi-hour Yakuza run.

e: Also here's Whitehat94 who *gasp* actually wears a white hat

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 28, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MM6 is this guy's favorite, finally, a man of taste

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this cutesy look for megaman is strangely endearing

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Vermain posted:

Reminds me of Mr. Driller. Not bad.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

The 7th Guest posted:

MM6 is this guy's favorite, finally, a man of taste
I love this. It has maybe my favorite lineup of Mega Man bosses from any single game.

Vermain posted:

I don't love this.

It's like a mobile game aesthetic before the mobile game aesthetic existed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've literally never heard of PSTV

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

I've literally never heard of PSTV

You lucky boy.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It's lifespan in the US was about 18 months so it's not much of a surprise if you barely know it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Megaman and Sonic are the two big popular series that I just don't understand why people like them. They just seem intensely boring most of the time with over half the entries in the series being considered bad even by their fans?

Megaman block is always when I try to do some chores or errands during GDQ weeks.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Megaman and Sonic are the two big popular series that I just don't understand why people like them. They just seem intensely boring most of the time with over half the entries in the series being considered bad even by their fans?

Megaman block is always when I try to do some chores or errands during GDQ weeks.

I mostly like the classic series on the NES and the SNES X series, up until something like X4 on Saturn/PS1. Anything besides that not so much, and neither the spinoff series.

Some years ago they did a classic series relay race between two teams (one event had 1-3 and other 4-6) and those were really fun with some great commentary.

For me the "catch up on VODs" time is whenever they run one of the many Pokemon (and Kingdom Hearts) runs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Megaman series is full of bangers :confused:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i love when a runner brings people to the couch and is like "they're so funny, they're really awesome" and then the runner doesn't let them talk ever

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

He did say at the start he was going to be doing solo commentary because they had no experience in the game. He just brought them in for emotional support.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I fell asleep during Omori and woke up in Megaman block, any vods people particularly recommend?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Those of you who weren't awake for the race yesterday morning, my run is available on the YouTube channel now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xbFM80h2U :toot:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I went back to the Link's Awakening race and it was definitely enjoyable. Really close.

I wondered for a while how they were going to deal with the Windfish egg sequence at the end, since it normally requires finishing the entire item trading sequence to be able to read the directions. Turns out they just have a starting save with the seed for a straightforward route.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Another fantastic run by The Blacktastic.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Mierenneuker posted:

I went back to the Link's Awakening race and it was definitely enjoyable. Really close.

I wondered for a while how they were going to deal with the Windfish egg sequence at the end, since it normally requires finishing the entire item trading sequence to be able to read the directions. Turns out they just have a starting save with the seed for a straightforward route.
Specifically, they used to do an RNG manipulation to get that specific seed, but rather than make everyone do this every time, they just start from an appropriately manipulated save file. (Before that, they used the pattern of Link tossing and turning in bed to determine which seed they were on, since the first two things the RNG determines are that and the egg path.)

The Game Boy games had a much smaller set of possible egg paths and IIRC the speedrun just devised a route through the egg that covered all the possible egg paths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

Those of you who weren't awake for the race yesterday morning, my run is available on the YouTube channel now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xbFM80h2U :toot:

:haibrow: