Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't love the art style monkey island has moved toward but when the music kicked in I was excited despite myself

1 and 2 are some of my favorite games ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Persona 5 is like Earthbound where I'm more confused that it took so long than it being really exciting

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't really wanna play Persona 5R since I already played it essentially twice on PS4. I wish they would have started with 3 or 4. I definitely would replay 4 in a heartbeat.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If I hadn't already played Persona 5 twice with 100% confidants both times (once vanilla, once Royal) I'd probably be really stoked to have a portable version. As it is I can't see myself playing again for a long, long time.

I'll probably grab 3 and 4, though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Live a Live was kinda janky for its time but people, especially the fan translation community, went gaga for that stuff.

Give me an official Rudra no Hihou port. or a working snes emulator.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Persona 5 is like Earthbound where I'm more confused that it took so long than it being really exciting

it’s like earthbound in that it’s boring poo poo!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Really hyped for Live A Live and Harvestella!!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Live a Live looks cool but thankfully there is a demo because its probably not a game I'd buy sight unseen.

Portal 1 & 2 on the other hand, I will. Gaben, pls give us HL1/2/EP1/EP2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
btw this is going bakc a few days but if you have a JP eshop account, there's a demo of Klonoa/Klonoa 2 out

apparently it looks alright but runs a bit better on the new consoles, which is slightly disappointing for a platformer but on the other hand pretty much all the Klonoa superfans I could find said it was looking like a great remake

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Harvestella looks interesting. It already looks way better than Run Factory 5.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Portal 1 & 2 on the other hand, I will. Gaben, pls give us HL1/2/EP1/EP2

Ep3 also :pray:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Voice of Cards 2
FF6 Pixel Remaster
Babylon's fall
Triangle Strategy
Chocobo GP
Stranger of Paradise
Centennial Case: A Shijima Story
Live A Live
Nier Automata Switch
Harvestella
Dragon Quest Treasures
Valkyrie Elysium
Star Ocean 6
Diofield Chronicle
Crisis Core Reunion
Forspoken

A couple critical flops there, but holy poo poo what a year for Square.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 28, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Palmtree Panic posted:

Harvestella looks interesting. It already looks way better than Run Factory 5.
Wish it had more of a unique visual style. The farming stuff in particular looked super cookie cutter.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm curious to know what team is on that game because a couple of NPCs had that 4 Heroes of Light/Bravely Default look to them, but the main character art is not in that style

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

American McGay posted:

Wish it had more of a unique visual style. The farming stuff in particular looked super cookie cutter.

Yeah it getting broken up by weird, almost SMT looking monster invasions is an interesting wrinkle to the HM formula though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm curious to know what team is on that game because a couple of NPCs had that 4 Heroes of Light/Bravely Default look to them, but the main character art is not in that style

That one game that's AVAILABLE TODAY also looked like bravely default people

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Bloop posted:

That one game that's AVAILABLE TODAY also looked like bravely default people
I checked and that one is by the developer of World's End Club. WEC had a Pokemon character designer on it. It's also $15, not F2P. I thought maybe it was a F2P gacha thing because of CyGames but no.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

I don't love the art style monkey island has moved toward but when the music kicked in I was excited despite myself

1 and 2 are some of my favorite games ever

Yea I’m not a fan of the new art either.. a shame but if it’s as clever and fun as the previous games I might still get it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The monkey's paw curls a finger and releases Chrono Trigger, but it's in the smudged edges style of Link's Awakening.

I wish everyone who found something in this direct to be excited about a very pleasant evening.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a good third-party dock or solution to use the switch with a PC monitor? kinda want to start playing docked at my PC desk, or at least have the option.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

roomtwofifteen posted:

Is there a good third-party dock or solution to use the switch with a PC monitor? kinda want to start playing docked at my PC desk, or at least have the option.

Genki Covert Dock

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffle! posted:

The monkey's paw curls a finger and releases Chrono Trigger, but it's in the smudged edges style of Link's Awakening.

I wish everyone who found something in this direct to be excited about a very pleasant evening.

that would be bad rear end

Links Awakening looks 100 times better than basically every "modern" JRPG remaster until they discovered "HD-2D"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

I checked and that one is by the developer of World's End Club. WEC had a Pokemon character designer on it. It's also $15, not F2P. I thought maybe it was a F2P gacha thing because of CyGames but no.

Apparently it's a spinoff of a now-defunct mobile game of the same name (minus the subtitle).

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i would love a chrono trigger remaster, i've tried to play it multiple times most recently on the DS but it just feels a bit too dated

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Harrow posted:

If I hadn't already played Persona 5 twice with 100% confidants both times (once vanilla, once Royal) I'd probably be really stoked to have a portable version. As it is I can't see myself playing again for a long, long time.

I'll probably grab 3 and 4, though.

This is me

Also stoked for Battle Network Collection and Harvestella looks like it could be neat

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Too many games not enough time not enough time time time need more time to game not enough time

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i would love a chrono trigger remaster, i've tried to play it multiple times most recently on the DS but it just feels a bit too dated

How so? Genuinely asking. I’ve always felt that Chrono Trigger aged incredibly well, it’s very streamlined, polished, and moves at a lightning-fast pace, and is basically all killer no filler.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Very excited to finally play both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 4 on the Switch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Augus posted:

How so? Genuinely asking. I’ve always felt that Chrono Trigger aged incredibly well, it’s very streamlined, polished, and moves at a lightning-fast pace, and is basically all killer no filler.

The fact it’s a game where positioning is very important but you can’t actually control said positioning is probably the biggest issue

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Now if we can just get those Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters on Switch....

In my dreams its taking so long because they are working on HD2D3d3 versions of them like that Dragon Quest game we've heard nothing of since its announcement

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I could find time to care about positioning in CT if the game weren't so gotdang easy.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it’s like earthbound in that it’s boring poo poo!!!

Lookit this guy, comparing himself to Earthbound over here

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Aw beans, double postin' over here

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Augus posted:

i'm not sure really, I think everytime I've tried it has been on a handheld device which might be part of what put me off

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked it on the Vita though it's the PS1 port which has some PS1/CD-related menu jank

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

dr.acula posted:

Now if we can just get those Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters on Switch....

In my dreams its taking so long because they are working on HD2D3d3 versions of them like that Dragon Quest game we've heard nothing of since its announcement

I mean it's just dragon quest 3 with better graphics and music, what exactly is there left to be said about DQ3 at this point?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve only played the DS version so I didn’t get to experience the ye old English Frog. Game is great though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact it’s a game where positioning is very important but you can’t actually control said positioning is probably the biggest issue

It's not that important in most cases, but if you feel it is, you should try Lost Sphear

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I haven't watched the direct yet but were there any announcements about NSO stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't watched the direct yet but were there any announcements about NSO stuff?

Nope.