Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1540434449720041473

its this dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Why? Doesn’t seem like someone you need to have an emergency session to hear. He testified 7 months ago so anything useful he had to provide would have been incorporated into what we’ve seen.

That he just now testified to a grand jury on the same subject is interesting, from a subpoena from a few months ago is also interesting but nothing massive.

Pat Cipollone would be good. The White House counsel giving a 3 month blow by blow of a descent into darkness would just be the cherry on top of the last weeks hearings.

or maybe some of that new documentary footage? if it’s got Trump dead to rights during the riot poo poo talking about hurting people to keep himself in power while making calls to Roger Stone to relay to the Proud Boys.

Edit: Rumor going around is that Eastman was raided by the FBI last week and all his electronics taken. Maybe some juicy voicemails or encrypted chats?

Murgos fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 28, 2022

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Murgos posted:

Edit: Rumor going around is that Eastman was raided by the FBI last week and all his electronics taken. Maybe some juicy voicemails or encrypted chats?

I mean it’s an article on the front page of CNN.com with him admitting it so I think we’re past rumor mill here lol.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah lol nothing rumor about that, I posted about it the morning that it happened.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I hope that documentary film becomes Trump's equivalent of Nixon's recorded phone calls during Watergate.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Charliegrs posted:

I hope that documentary film becomes Trump's equivalent of Nixon's recorded phone calls during Watergate.

sounds like it might be. guess we will see tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1541595171124543488

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 28, 2022

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Charliegrs posted:

There's three. Three documentary films. Ah ah ah.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Charliegrs posted:

It wasn't just phone calls, many rooms in the white house and executive building were bugged. Six presidents have had such tapes released, and, with the importance of the place, I really don't think such a system totally and truly ended with Nixon, but like rather everyone just stopped mentioning such a thing out of, like, secrecy and :decorum:

Is no one, like, even allowed to just ask about any proper white house recording systems?

iirc Trump has had secret voice recording systems monitoring maralago; I cannot believe there isn't a white house recording of, like, his oval office meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador on the day after comey was fired, or of the chaos around jan 6th.

Like, during Nixon's collapse they were only able to pursue such voice recordings because a single white house staff member mentioned them in their watergate testimony, a full year after the scandal had begun. If there were any recent tapes who would know about them? Who would be asked? A chief of staff, like kelly? I guess it's like kinda unnecessary to pry up such a sensitive thing atm, with everything else that is being independently unearthed, but I can't help but wonder

quote:

In the summer of 1973, Senate Watergate Committee investigators were tracking down possible witnesses. They contacted White House deputy assistant Alexander Butterfield for a preliminary interview and showed him a document he had never seen before, one containing what seemed to be verbatim quotes from a meeting between Nixon and White House counsel John Dean in the Oval Office.

Butterfield was asked if the document could have come from someone’s notes.

“No,” Butterfield said, “it seems too detailed.”

“Where else might this have come from?” an investigator asked.

“I don’t know,” Butterfield said. But he did know.

Early in 1971, Butterfield helped Secret Service technicians hide voice-activated microphones in the surface of the president’s desk and in lights by the mantel. In his own memoirs, Nixon wrote that he believed existence of the tapes would never be revealed.

Before the meeting, Butterfield had told himself he would not volunteer information about the recordings, but he also wouldn’t lie about them. So he felt cornered when a retired FBI agent named Donald Sanders, a member of the Committee staff, wound up an otherwise routine interview by asking exactly the right question: "Was there ever any other listening device in the Oval Office?"

“I’m sorry you asked me that question,” Butterfield replied.

Two days later he was called to testify in front of the Watergate committee, on national television.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
RawStory says it is Cassidy Hutchinson. Been waiting for her testimony. Hearing scheduled due to credible threats to the witness. She was Mark Meadows' top aide. Since Meadows has evaded testimony this is the best they have and it's probably urgent to get that in front of DOJ.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Dr. Faustus posted:

RawStory says it is Cassidy Hutchinson. Been waiting for her testimony. Hearing scheduled due to credible threats to the witness. She was Mark Meadows' top aide. Since Meadows has evaded testimony this is the best they have and it's probably urgent to get that in front of DOJ.
The subpoena also says that she at the White House on the 6th and was with Trump at the Ellipse before the rally:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

cnn backing this up -

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/27/politics/cassidy-hutchinson-former-meadows-aide-testify-january-6-committee-hearing/index.html

Keisari
May 24, 2011

What I'm worried about is that if we get a President Trump 2024 again, he will definitely pardon everyone who was put to jail.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Keisari posted:

What I'm worried about is that if we get a President Trump 2024 again, he will definitely pardon everyone who was put to jail.

If that happened there would be plenty to worry about aside from the pardons.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Keisari posted:

Doubtful, honestly. The man would gain nothing from doing so, they already squealed on him and thus would be dead to him.

Now he might TELL people he'd do it, just like he did before the 2020 elections to garner votes, but the man plays a zero sum game even in mutually beneficial situations, and he has nothing to gain from pardoning them so gently caress'm for being suckers (unless they manage to get a hefty bribe to him or convince some Fox News stooge to talk them up on TV).

Now the five guys on his staff he pardoned? Those are the ones you want testifying. Roger Stone. Paul Manafort. Michael Flynn. Bannon. (George Papadapalous is an idiot and would probably be a waste of time but might accidentally let something momentous slip).

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Keisari posted:

He'd let anybody less than 100% loyal rot in jail.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Last Wednesday when Jeff Clark's house was being searched and his electronics stolen, DOJ was also moving against people in the fake electors scheme. We knew that much.

What we learned today is better. John Eastman was confronted outside a restaurant that same day. They took his iPhone and forced him to unlock it with his face-scan. We know this because today he filed a lawsuit trying to get his phone back and stop discovery.

Word.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Apparently the Senate Sergeant at Arms in charge of security on Jan 6th has been found dead. No cause of death has been announced yet https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...urce=reddit.com

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
You know no matter what actually happened they will try to Seth Rich this all to hell. It'll be Clinton/Biden/Obama did it.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Dr. Faustus posted:

You know no matter what actually happened they will try to Seth Rich this all to hell. It'll be Clinton/Biden/Obama did it.

I believe he is 69 years old? So he could have died from natural causes :shrug:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

He already testified though.There's no point.
Interesting that he was nominated to the post by Mitch McConnell though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Considering his supposed contribution to 1/6 was refusing to request the national guard for an hour or more, he'd, by that crazy type of logic, be a trump loose end and someone the dems would want alive. (That said he also was emphasizing that it was a coordinated attack on the capitol by specific groups before that was the widely understood version of events)

perfect timing to die for maximum conspiratorial chaos tho

btw his testimony and reporting on irving's testimony
https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Stenger-2021-02-23.pdf

https://rollcall.com/2022/03/18/former-house-sergeant-at-arms-provided-testimony-to-jan-6-panel/

irving's testimony, too, for anyone curious

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Irving-2021-02-23.pdf

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 28, 2022

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

deoju posted:

He'd let anybody less than 100% loyal rot in jail.
Truth be told, I think history shows he'd probably let the 100% loyal ones rot in jail too.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What time is the hearing today?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Madkal posted:

What time is the hearing today?

1 PM Eastern, so in ~15 minutes (assuming they start on time).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Let's goooooooooo

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"1st hand details of what transpired in the WhiteHouse"

I'm ready.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Please, please, loving please.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Don't want this hyped up. Let's see the goods, then react.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Worked with Scalise, then Cruz, then Meadows and Trump. What a fuckin resume

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This is probably just gonna be a wet fart, isn't it?

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Riptor posted:

Definitely an Antifa plant, then

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Riptor posted:

How is this woman not a 24/7 blackout drunk?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"On the 6th, we're gonna do uhh a uhh an ime-cray..." *touches nose*
-Rudy Giuliani, January 2nd.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
“Things might get real real bad on January 6”
- Mark Meadows, 1/2/21

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Tentatively, she feels like a solid witness so far.

It also sounds like this might be about putting more pressure on meadows.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://twitter.com/KateManning10/status/1541834224247922689?s=20&t=wRvKlPOURsqHQ6-QrFrYkQ

And they're getting sent up for seditious conspiracy.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Considering she just linked Proud Boys and Oathkeepers with Guilliani's name, uhhhhhh :stare:

:munch:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
That would certainly explain why she was getting threats on her life

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Holy poo poo. All those people who went to Trump’s ellipse rally were screened for weapons and had brass knuckles, handguns, tear gas canisters and gas masks confiscated before passing through the security check point.

And those were just the people in the crowd who were willing to be searched in order to be let in :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

nine-gear crow posted:

Holy poo poo. All those people who went to Trump’s ellipse rally were screened for weapons and had brass knuckles, handguns, tear gas canisters and gas masks confiscated before passing through the security check point.

And those were just the people in the crowd who were willing to be searched in order to be let in :stare:

Do you mean the rally where he stared at the sun?