Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dark Souls 2 got stuck behind a waist-high wall so Elden Ring could double jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Wtf happened to Goldeneye?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Nintendo has a direct in about an hour. It might show up there.

Also, given the war in Ukraine there may be some hesitation between Microsoft and Nintendo on releasing it during active hostilities. Advance Wars still isn't out yet for that reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://kotaku.com/halo-master-chief-collection-microtransactions-343-indu-1849106566/amp

I guess the whales are done with infinite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

couldnt' care less about microtransactions in games
343 are poo poo either way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its just speaks to their shittiness that they have to chase the last remaining halo guys back to an 8 year old non f2p game to get the money they thought theyd be making already

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Sywert of Thieves posted:

There's an Xbox sale going on right now that has some nice games. Deep Rock Galactic is on sale for 15 EUR for the first time, so I picked that up. It's Play Anywhere so I'm probably playing that with my PC buddy soon. :haw:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n50192/xbox-sale-roundup-june-28th-2022

Just FYI, ‘Anywhere’ doesn’t include the Steam version.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

zzzzz

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Would you put your brain in a robot body?

You'll look the same, but you're only 5 feet tall.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Thrillville and Torchlight are both great, and I have heard good things about Beasts of Maravilla Island. I think it's a game where you wander around and figure out how to take pictures of various animals. Sounds chill.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Failbox

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I might try torchlight. I've heard good things before.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LoL Jesus Christ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's a fun little romp. The skills don't go quite as far as I would have liked, but the pet mechanics are fun (like sending them to sell your trash, and equipping them with spells to cast on every cooldown), it flows well, and has lots of color/character.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's a diablo 1 clone, there's just 1 dungeon in the town that goes alllll the way down.

If it's a good port, I'm going to fire it up too. I remember liking it a lot, and my PC copy is gone because I bought it on Direc2Drive or some poo poo.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Gonna try Dark Souls and gonna get dead.

I'll reply how mad I am when I get back.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

GigaPeon posted:

Just FYI, ‘Anywhere’ doesn’t include the Steam version.

Worse yet, the Steam version of Deep Rock Galactic is twice as cheap but doesn't have crossplay. :(

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I think there's a Geoff Keighley game event on the anniversary of GoldenEye's release in August, so probably then.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SpiderLink posted:

I think there's a Geoff Keighley game event on the anniversary of GoldenEye's release in August, so probably then.
Cope.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

you can't fool me, three of these games aren't even real

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I think I have a free version of at least one of the torchlight games on every gaming service and I've never played any of them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think i got torchlight 2 for free on PC at some point, i have a vague memory of playing it for 10 or 20 hours and it being "diablo but kind of cutesy?"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
How good is the amusement park sim one? I'd like a good amusement park sim.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The first Torchlight owns. Shame about the third.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

been thinking this week about how Elden ring has ruined games for the foreseeable future, everything else is just poo poo

yea

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Someone told me years ago that torchlight is a good Diablo, but I get enough diablo from diablo

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Doesn't really matter to me, just passing on information. I loved the game back in the day but I really doubt it would be worth anything other than a bit of nostalgia nowadays.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

Someone told me years ago that torchlight is a good Diablo, but I get enough diablo from diablo

It's a good Diablo clone yes. If you're tired of Diablo but need a new coat of paint and loot and monster killing, Torchlight.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played a fair amount of Torchlight back in the day when it was one of the pioneers of Macintosh gaming. It was a fine experience. I might actually check it out now just to see if I actually remember anything about it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember thinking Torchlight was basically Diablo 3 but even more streamlined and didn't like it because of that but it's been a billion years since I touched it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Speaking as someone who doesn't like Diablo, I don't like Torchlight.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What I most remember about torchlight other than the seller pet, is that it had horrific scaling on your spells so the best thing to do was like 1 point wonder things because even though it dealt half the damage say a level 5 version did, it cost 1/5th the mp so you could deal so so much more damage

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I bought Relicta on deep discount a while back. It's not a good first person puzzle game because you're constantly doing battle with the control scheme and the puzzles themselves can get really frustrating due to 3D layouts that you rarely get a good overview of. And sometimes when I solved puzzles I wasn't really sure if I got the right method or if it was just thanks to the bad physics glitching.

It is a bad video game.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
relicta my balls

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Started Chorus and I’m having fun zooming around doing basic dog fighting and finding hidden credits but holy poo poo this dumb bitch needs to quit whispering incomprehensible lore at me every 5 seconds. I thought maybe it was just an intro thing to kinda get her character’s backstory through an internal monologue but I’m like 2 hours in and she keeps doing it.

Pretty game though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You get another voice to help balance it out, but whisper voices make me uneasy and it's definitely overkill how often its used, especially at the start. They could've just given it a different voice or effect, nobody wants that much whispering, especially while zipping around space doing battles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Started Chorus and I’m having fun zooming around doing basic dog fighting and finding hidden credits but holy poo poo this dumb bitch needs to quit whispering incomprehensible lore at me every 5 seconds. I thought maybe it was just an intro thing to kinda get her character’s backstory through an internal monologue but I’m like 2 hours in and she keeps doing it.

Pretty game though.

She starts doing it less and less as the game progresses, then it like bursts back full force near the end iirc. Its unevenly used.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I didn't find it any more distracting than the usual constant negative voice in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

American McGay posted:

Pretty game though.

Wait until the robot starts finishing her

Sentences.

It's a fun game though, I think I said earlier in the thread that I wish Star Wars Squadrons controlled as well as this. I just can't get a feel for flying in that game.

Chorus could easily be reworked as Jedi Starfighter 2.