Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If only Konami would put out a new good Bomberman instead of R2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

hatty posted:

Is R2 an old game?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't watched the direct yet but were there any announcements about NSO stuff?

T'was specifically about third party releases nuncle, prithee a fortnight wait to hear anon from Nintendo directly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

T'was specifically about third party releases nuncle, prithee a fortnight wait to hear anon from Nintendo directly.

Surely Data East counts as a third party!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

It's not that important in most cases, but if you feel it is, you should try Lost Sphear

I mean it is a big issue.

Will it stop you from winning the game? No not really, but it will stop you from playing how it was supposed to be played

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Surely Data East counts as a third party!!!

I'm sure they've got more Jaleco games in a shoebox somewhere.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just watched the Direct. Nothing in it interested me. There was also nothing about Metroid Prime. I guess that's not technically 3rd party? If it's even happening at all lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not happening

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Morpheus posted:

Is R2 an old game?

Nah it’s a sequel to the kinda mediocre switch launch Bomberman

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rageaholic posted:

Just watched the Direct. Nothing in it interested me. There was also nothing about Metroid Prime. I guess that's not technically 3rd party? If it's even happening at all lol

It's both not happening and not 3rd party!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

couldn't believe third-party game "Mario Odyssey 2" didn't show up...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWEORK COLLECTION LETS FUKKEN GO

can't wait to collect all the cards / rectangles, gonna get y'all so worked up!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I liked the extended preview of the rerelease of Mario Party 3

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

KingSlime posted:

My arms are crossed and I'm huffing and puffing and also I'm buying those games,

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The 7th Guest posted:

couldn't believe third-party game "Mario Odyssey 2" didn't show up...
There was a Mario game in the Direct though, and it was even the second game in its series.

I don't think Ubisoft is making a Metroid crossover involving Rabbids, though.

KingSlime posted:

Mega Man what? All the cards in it keep putting me to sleep.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

KingSlime posted:

Now all they have to do is release a Star Force collection, a Mega Man Gameboy collection, and Legends 1 and 2 and most of the series will be on Switch

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh wowwww they finally announced persona on switch huh? Just getting caught up with the direct over here

Not the worst direct but why am I more excited about old GBA roms and PS2/PS3 isos than new games? Wait no actually that dragon quest treasures game looks sick.. I was expecting much more humble visuals but it looks kind of like an immersive movement-based monsters game, gently caress yeah

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hatty posted:

The battle royale bomberman was fun.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Battle Network Collection is cool, cant wait to see how well they aged now that new ovens are actually internet controlled and probably have already been hacked to burn a house down

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mandatory lesbian posted:

Battle Network Collection is cool, cant wait to see how well they aged now that new ovens are actually internet controlled and probably have already been hacked to burn a house down

I mean, if your oven is hacked just send your antivirus warrior into it to fight the hacking virus, duh.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah, another poster was right when they mentioned that the map design has not aged well at all. And as much as I love the games, the story structure has always felt like endless annoying tedious fetch quests

Remember having to track down evil internet ice across all the maps in Battle Network 2 or having to put out the entire internet which caught on fire in Battle Network 3?

Then there's the fact that battle network 4 and 5 could be considered thoroughly bad games by a lot of people, including me.

But the combat system and the card collecting and the fighting bosses is so so good that I'm willing to put up with all that crap, except for four and five. I don't think I ever need to play those two ever again. Six brought it home though, it owns

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The high encounter rate may put people off

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The map and quest design hasn’t aged badly, I think it was just always bad. It’s not like we didn’t know at the time.

I hope the port winds up being good overall.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah that's fair, many games have had good maps and quests for a really long time long before battle network

Either way, I'm hyped to see all of mega Man basically ported on switch and I will rebuy all the mega Man games over and over and over again, just need legends now I think

E: oops willo already gave a rundown of what's still missing literally a few posts up from mine

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 28, 2022

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Spacebump posted:

The battle royale bomberman was fun.

I'd love another game in the same vein as 64/Hero

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I'd love another game in the same vein as 64/Hero

Atlus/Bandai/whoever owns the rights, re-release Tail Concerto you cowards

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rageaholic posted:

why on earth would it be considered third party lol

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Augus posted:

why on earth would it be considered third party lol

IDK but apparently Mario+Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors are 3rd party

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That's because they're made by third party studios

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Upsidads posted:

Anyone else hear a giant slide whistle when portal was trotted out?

Fifteen years and they still can't re release the full Orange Box, huh?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Harrow posted:

If I hadn't already played Persona 5 twice with 100% confidants both times (once vanilla, once Royal) I'd probably be really stoked to have a portable version. As it is I can't see myself playing again for a long, long time.

I'll probably grab 3 and 4, though.

This will be my first time playing Royal, I beat OG P5 on the PS3, (and oh my god the final cutscene literally stuttered. As in, I could SEE the FPS going down to like 3.) I'm looking forward to playing it on a console that won't try to kill itself to run it.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

KingSlime posted:

Yeah, another poster was right when they mentioned that the map design has not aged well at all. And as much as I love the games, the story structure has always felt like endless annoying tedious fetch quests

Remember having to track down evil internet ice across all the maps in Battle Network 2 or having to put out the entire internet which caught on fire in Battle Network 3?

Then there's the fact that battle network 4 and 5 could be considered thoroughly bad games by a lot of people, including me.

But the combat system and the card collecting and the fighting bosses is so so good that I'm willing to put up with all that crap, except for four and five. I don't think I ever need to play those two ever again. Six brought it home though, it owns

We literally had an emote about how stupid 4 and 5 were, didn't we?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I mean it's just dragon quest 3 with better graphics and music, what exactly is there left to be said about DQ3 at this point?

A release date would be nice

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So for anyone that's played the original and has either played the demo or watched gameplay, are there any major differences between the Live A Live remake and the original? I kinda want to skip the demo since I'm gonna buy it regardless and am already familiar with the original, but I'm also curious how much they've dejankified the original since it was pretty drat janky.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s not happening

Look it's either:
A trilogy collection (posted on multiple storefronts)
Impossible to port (a former dev)
Finished but being held in case of emergency (current(?) rumor)

Just because they keep moving those goalposts doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Just like the switch pro it probably got delayed after COVID messed up all supply chains lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo had to convert all the Metroid Primes they had stockpiled into Metroid Dreads after John Cena told them to.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Silegna posted:

I'm looking forward to playing it on a console that won't try to kill itself to run it.

I have some bad news.

(Unless they're optimized for Switch, which, hopefully they will be)

Edit: Speaking of which, I've been pleasantly surprised at how much better AI: Nirvana Initiative runs when compared to AI: Somnium. Clearly they realized what didn't work in the original and fixed up or trimmed whatever was causing those huge load times on the pop-ups during conversations.

Tempura Wizard fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 28, 2022

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Len posted:

Just because they keep moving those goalposts doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

The only ones doing this are those listening to every YouTuber and Twitter rumor. Like the original rumor for the SWOLD was about multiple skus over time, but then all the other rumor mongers have to add on like conspiracy theorist. We do this every time and once the thing comes out everybody shrugs and moves on, so just don't worry about it and if it happens it happens.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If y'all are going to post tweets about rumours, PLEASE post the follow up 'guys, I said I wasn't sure!' crawlback tweets.

C'mon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$20 for mobile Portal 2 is actually a fair price for the GOAT.

I've heard Live A Live is a really good game so it's nice that it is out.

The persona stuff is cool, too.

Oh wait, none of that stuff is actually new. Switch does what Switch does.

E: also, Monkey Island looks awful. They could have used the original VGA graphics and it would have looked better. Or was it CGA? EGA? Whatever.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 28, 2022