Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Meh nothing will come out of any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We're going SO loving HIGH on these Trumpets!

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

PeterCat posted:

The state may order Guardsmen to state active duty, which is not paid by Federal monies but comes directly from the state's budget. SAD is usually used during times of immediate emergency and for sort periods. While on State Active Duty, the Guardsmen do not accumulate retirement points, are not paid at their rank's normal rate, and do not qualify for Federal benefits like the GI Bill.
Man the National Guard is confusing, it seems like a great way to get hosed even harder than active duty.
How does one not get paid their rank's rate?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

Meh nothing will come out of any of that.

Correct. It's all theater. That's it.

I did get my fundraising text from Nancy Pelosi though! gently caress off.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Holy loving poo poo

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1541843186909339648

EDIT: HOLIER FUCKINGIER poo poo

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/1541843417575170052

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Right now they are talking about Trump throwing his lunch at the wall of the Oval Office.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Wow, can't wait to see how many people will be slightly nervous because of this!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

also :lol: that our big wet boy regularly tosses his food on the floor.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

That was quick.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Thousands of red hats going “SEE??? He would have joined us but the deep state stopped him!”

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hope something comes out this but not throwing my lunch

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This is just fluff, the chance at steak was on Jan 7th. Instead they think committees do anything useful.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Nice! posted:

Didn’t realise Roy Hodgson had been POTUS.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

M_Gargantua posted:

This is just fluff, the chance at steak was on Jan 7th. Instead they think committees do anything useful.

This and "doing something(please give us money lol)" about abortion rights is what they're going to campaign on in November while the country is falling apart around them too.

e: and I'm not saying that both shouldn't be a part of the message with abortion stuff leading the way, but we all know they're going to go about it in the worst way possible.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 28, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Flynn deserves the gallows. gently caress that treasonous piece of poo poo.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Flynn deserves the gallows. gently caress that treasonous piece of poo poo.

Not an empty quote.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hey now...that's a correct take. Wish my favorite hangman was still alive to do the job, though (RIP MSG John Woods)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Our Big Wet Boy posted:

Mike deserves it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

Hey now...that's a correct take. Wish my favorite hangman was still alive to do the job, though (RIP MSG John Woods)

John Woods would do a spectacular job.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1541849467493797888?t=EXJU6vIgf9S6RFuzhRByYA&s=19

Was just thinking of him and Junior trying to kidnap that Turkish guy in PA for Erdogan

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1541845645065060352

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

At this point I think the only reason Trump failed was because either all the guys that were armed wimped out or couldn't get to the Capitol.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao what a loving psycho

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1541849467493797888?t=EXJU6vIgf9S6RFuzhRByYA&s=19

Was just thinking of him and Junior trying to kidnap that Turkish guy in PA for Erdogan

I'm sure that by sometime next year pleading the 5th will have been determined as an admission of guilt by the courts, but this show will be over by then.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
so I've been tied up all loving day and lol that the secret service basically couped to stop Donnie's coup from actually happening

oh and we're now in incitement territory

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1541844524187586560?t=fJy0vomRudq0bX6hu-LFOw&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Just wait until Lin Manuel breaks out the new song if you think we don't have enough moral superiority over these GOP dummies already

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

How on earth are you allowed to take the fifth on questions like that?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stultus Maximus posted:

You're allowed to not testify if there may be something in your answer that could incriminate you.

Flynn absolutely told Trump throughout their planning that the violence was necessary and justified.

Those were targeted questions because they already have evidence of what he did, and if he said anything else he could be charged with perjury. He's already been caught doing that before.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

They're allowed to. Not you though

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Man the National Guard is confusing, it seems like a great way to get hosed even harder than active duty.
How does one not get paid their rank's rate?

Basically the state has one rate they pay for soldiers on state active duty. It doesn't match the DFAS pay chart and doesn't have to because it's not federal.

Yeah, the national Guard is great. Five overseas deployments and I don't get my retirement till I'm 60.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

PeterCat posted:

Basically the state has one rate they pay for soldiers on state active duty. It doesn't match the DFAS pay chart and doesn't have to because it's not federal.

Yeah, the national Guard is great. Five overseas deployments and I don't get my retirement till I'm 60.
Ah, got it. Yeah no thanks, glad I never even considered joining the Natty Guard
edit: well, I actually did in 2013 when the USAF announced they were kicking out 25,000 of us right before Xmas hit, so that's a lie. Fun times that was.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
There are at least three different rates a national guard solider can get paid. In the leadup to my activation I was put on special orders that were designed to help burn up the drill pay budget for the year and drill pay worked out to be something like 140% of active duty pay, IIRC.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ghislaine Maxwell got 20 years for her role in procuring girls for Epstein.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Great, hope she serves more than a week of it

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Also re: Flynn, apparently when taking the 5th, you can't pick-and-choose responses (per Popehat in podcasts). If you're going to take the 5th at any point, you've gotta 5th the whole drat thing.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

Also re: Flynn, apparently when taking the 5th, you can't pick-and-choose responses (per Popehat in podcasts). If you're going to take the 5th at any point, you've gotta 5th the whole drat thing.

Didn't that issue come up during some Congressional hearing of some sort? I remember LOTS of debate around how to "properly" use the 5th. I also remember that no one agreed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wonder when the last time Pizza Face actually drove a car was.

I'm picturing it being like that scene from The Birdcage. Paraphrasing, "He's probably doing 20 down Pennsylvania with the parking brake on".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

Didn't that issue come up during some Congressional hearing of some sort? I remember LOTS of debate around how to "properly" use the 5th. I also remember that no one agreed.

First general googling thing:

https://bjsmithcriminaldefense.com/blog/all-you-need-know-about-pleading-fifth/

quote:

No Picking and Choosing

The key to protecting your rights against self-incrimination is to plead the Fifth throughout proceedings. You can’t get on the witness stand and start answering all of the questions put to you, and then plead the Fifth at a point where you think your response might implicate you in a crime. You can’t “open the door” by answering some questions and trying to evade others. Either you take the Fifth throughout or not at all.

Don’t think you’re safe only answering your defense attorney’s questions either. If the prosecutor follows up on some of those answers in rebuttal you might find that you gave up your right to take the Fifth. For instance, if you tell your lawyer that you weren’t at the scene of the crime at the time it was committed, the prosecutor can later ask you where you were that day. You opened the door by addressing the subject.

Sure you can *probably* 5th about certain before-agreed topics, but if you step on your dick and open the door, that's that. So you show up, 5th every question, then head home. In this specific thing, with two pardonees, best legal advice actually IS to have them show up and take the 5th a whole lot.