Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

JESUS that Flynn video.

Fifth on everything. gently caress this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

It's all they got.

Sadly though, it’s what they are going to retake the house and senate on in November.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Do you believe in the peaceful transition of power?

"I take the fifth"

Jesus.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

William Bear posted:

Good point, it's the White House: I'm sure whatever happened was captured on security camera.

It happened in the presidential limo. Probably not on camera no.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

nine-gear crow posted:

If the DOJ knew any of this poo poo and they declined to prosecute, then noting matters. If they are JUST learning this and decline to re-open the case and prosecute him for contempt, then same thing, nothing loving matters.
I think the question is whether the DOJ is taking the default position that discussions between the White House Chief of Staff and the President are presumptively privileged.

There's an ongoing civil action (Meadows sued the Committee over the subpoena), and the Judge in that case actually just (last Friday, I think) asked the DOJ to clarify their position, so there's that.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

they so incredibly shook lmao

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Charliegrs posted:

There's probably some kind of executive privilege thing that would prevent this but I could be wrong (I often am).

The current executive is Joe Biden and he’s already waived it several times and Trump lost the court case. He’s no longer the executive. It’s not some kind of divine right.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Bad car accident sounds like the perfect comparison, actually.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

It's all they got.

It's all they need unfortunately.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Do you believe in the peaceful transition of power?

"I take the fifth"

Jesus.

I can’t believe a guy who willing worked with a fuckton of foreign autocrats would be squeamish about answering whether or not he believed in a peaceful transfer of power.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
@JudiciaryGOP trying like hell to figure out how to throw ketchup on the wall via tweet.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

gently caress.

"Something needs to be done, people are going to die and the blood is going to be on your loving hands."

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I stepped out. Who is Jim?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Overt, contemporaneous acknowledgement of responsibility for violence!

"Blood on [the Executive branch's] hands"

!!!!

Edit : "discussing the 'Hang Mike Pence' chants" jesus loving christ.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Jordan.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Traitor Jim Jordan from inside the Capitol as the rioters are breaking in.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Is there video of someone saying that Trump tried to choke out his Secret Service driver in a rage because lol when that's proven to have happened and he still doesn't get any consequences.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Eric Hershman name-drop. Miss that guy.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I want to freaking leave work right now and travel to DC I’m so mad right now. Something has to be done on this

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

Cippolone HAS to testify. This is damning stuff.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
"Mike deserves it"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mark Meadows is a loving coward

"You heard him guys! He's so mad and Pence should die, nothing I can do! :qq:"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Is there video of someone saying that Trump tried to choke out his Secret Service driver in a rage because lol when that's proven to have happened and he still doesn't get any consequences.

Yes, we just watched it.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

volts5000 posted:

"Mike deserves it"

Look, I don't disagree, but for different reasons, and I'm not the President.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a wrap-up coming out of Cas right now

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yes, we just watched it.

I mean, can someone link it? I wasn't able to watch it in real time, I'm just getting it from this thread.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yes, we just watched it.

under oath, too

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Excuse me, it's "hanged".

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

I mean, can someone link it? I wasn't able to watch it in real time, I'm just getting it from this thread.

I'm sure someone will soonish, but it's a live-stream dawg.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

There's a bunch a hearsay exceptions but besides that for the love of god, it is not hearsay unless the testimony that is given goes to the truth of the matter asserted.

If you're testifying that someone said something, for the evidentiary purpose of establishing they said it, that is not hearsay. The whole point is that the person with the direct knowledge of the facts has to be the one to testify to them. If the facts being presented is "this person said x" then the person who heard the statement is the direct witness.

Also statements against self-interest are generally excepted from hearsay rules (but hearsay rules are complicated so there are always caveats and exceptions)

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNBe-Wt6Q4

You can rewind if you want, go hog wild

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Xiahou Dun posted:

Ah nvm, I didn't realize it JUST happened.

Yeah I have zero doubt that is going to be a widely shared clip

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Let's blame Anti-Fa. These aren't our people.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

We have seen that note. Didn't know she wrote it. That's a big connection.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Inner Light posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNBe-Wt6Q4

You can rewind if you want, go hog wild

Thanks...it's -42:00 or so by my reckoning

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Edit : ^^^^Lol well I was trying to be helpful.

Jaxyon posted:

Ah nvm, I didn't realize it JUST happened.

Yeah I have zero doubt that is going to be a widely shared clip

Yeah this is less than an hour old as of me writing this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1541845645065060352?t=3oJHTnhttCmfgqfia_h5rQ&s=19

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
How much longer do we have for this session?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1541846363377487873?t=QggjX_nLbegWlr6hdQQh-A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

How much longer do we have for this session?

:shrug:

It's been in ~1 hour chunks before, but it's not like they're gonna ring a bell if it goes longer.