Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How are people exchanging large volumes of stuff? My mailbox only holds 20 and that was after paying decent sums of gold to upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How are people exchanging large volumes of stuff? My mailbox only holds 20 and that was after paying decent sums of gold to upgrade.

Joining the patreon gives you an increased mailbox; plus you run out of stuff to buy with gold at a certain point & it becomes far cheaper to upgrade your mailbox than to increase your inventory/stamina

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I started playing exactly two weeks ago and somehow it turned into an impromptu speedrun, so I'm about halfway through the PC requirements at this point (beelining macaw and snake helped).
An unexpected bottleneck with this kind of approach is bacon, of all things, since pigs grow only so quickly and Mount Banon's drop rates make model ship and pocket watches look like acorns.

Good luck getting slapped in the face by honey and 90s exploring soon :)

I had a similarly quick run up starting on May 13. WC and PC were fine but post PC is a major slowdown simply due to exploring leveling which in turn blocks faster honey and gold fish acquisition. I’m 91 exploring and I think it will probably be 2-3 weeks at best to hit 99.

oldskool posted:

Joining the patreon gives you an increased mailbox; plus you run out of stuff to buy with gold at a certain point & it becomes far cheaper to upgrade your mailbox than to increase your inventory/stamina

Unrelated, the often overlooked bonus of patreon to people who don’t have it is the free respecs and saved perk sets.

You can swap between maxed farm perks and max crafting/selling perks freely so everything grows fast and everything sells for more. Perk swapping is so good even at higher levels.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 28, 2022

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
These Jubilee quests have me reliving corn jail, if only briefly, but the rewards are pretty great; millions and billions of silver, OJ and AP by the hundred, grab bags and chests too.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is this a correct read of the patch notes?: Every day if you’re above max it will give you all the stamina you would’ve gotten if you were spending it down continually. So actually a bit more efficient to just always stay about your max stamina?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lawlicaust posted:

You can swap between maxed farm perks and max crafting/selling perks freely so everything grows fast and everything sells for more. Perk swapping is so good even at higher levels.

How much is the patreon, like $5 a month?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

tildes posted:

Is this a correct read of the patch notes?: Every day if you’re above max it will give you all the stamina you would’ve gotten if you were spending it down continually. So actually a bit more efficient to just always stay about your max stamina?

No, not quite. Normal stamina regen gives 360 Stamina every three hours, the new system gives you whatever your max Stamina is every three hours. If your max Stamina is less than 360, you are missing out, if it is greater than 360, you gain more Stamina by staying above max. Having Max Stamina above 360 means you either spent a fair chunk of Gold on Max Stamina, or you have been playing the game for something like 5+ months, so it’s a significant trade off. Also, it doesn’t take into account the Energy Drink perk, which doubles the natural Stamina regen rate, so sub 720 in for 360 in all of the above if you have that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

What is the import of Egg 05?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
The sheer amount of clicking in this game is becoming an actual RSI risk. If they're going to prohibit botting they need a much better in-game solution than Apple Cider.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

What is the import of Egg 05?

From the Easter event. There are Egg 01-12 and finally a gold egg for collecting them all, “From a gold chicken probably”.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tolth posted:

The sheer amount of clicking in this game is becoming an actual RSI risk. If they're going to prohibit botting they need a much better in-game solution than Apple Cider.

My biggest issue with Apple Cider is not being able to make enough for the stamina I generate. Now that cider also gives a bonus to rare item drop rate, it feels much better to use cider. It just only covers about 50% of my stamina generation.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Tolth posted:

I solved the problem by using all my apples on cider, and only exploring with cider and AP.

I have millions of stamina banked from OJs…

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

oldskool posted:

L6 Tree Frog is broken lmao

e: Fishing script
code:
;tab nation with help from Chris Kimbrell
xpos1=
xpos2=
SetMouseDelay,-1
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
Process, Priority,, High

InputBox, howmuchbait, Bait Amount,How much bait to use?, ; Input Amount of Bait to Use
tooltip, Put mouse in top left corner of pond and press F6
Return
f6::
If xpos1 =  
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos1, ypos1
	tooltip, Put mouse in bottom right corner of pond and press F6
	Return
	}
If xpos2 =  
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos2, ypos2
	; tooltip, Put mouse in the upper left of pond and press F6
	; Return
	}
tooltip, fishing will begin in 3 seconds. Press F2 to end early
sleep 3000
tooltip
loop	{
	loop	{
	Random down1x, 10, 20
	Random up1y, 10, 40
	Random up2y, 40, 75
		;light mode 0x50452F
		PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x13323b, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)	
				{
				; tooltip, No Fish Found
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)	
				{
				1Py += up1y
				1Px -= down1x
				Random fishclick, 1, 2
				MouseClick, left, %1Px%, %1Py%, fishclick ; Click on Fish
				; tooltip, Fish Found, Click
				fishcount++	; Increase Fish Count
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 300, 800
			sleep %randsleep1%
	loop 20	{
		; loopcount++ ; Displays a count on screen to verify search is progressing
		PixelSearch, 2Px, 2Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0xFF0000, 50, Fast ; Find Blue Button
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)	
				{
				; tooltip, No Circle Found. Attempt %loopcount%
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				; tooltip, I found the Circle! 
				2Py += up2y	
				Random dotclick, 1, 2
				MouseMove, %2Px%, %2Py%	; Used to test Mouse Click Position
				MouseClick, left, %2Px%, %2Py%, dotclick ; Click on Blue Button
				; tooltip, I tried to click the Circle!
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 400, 1000
	sleep %randsleep1%
	if fishcount = %howmuchbait%	; End Fishing if Fishcount = Bait Wanted to Use
	break
	}	

f2::
Msgbox, Fishing Completed! You have caught around %fishcount% fish! ; Display number of fish caught
reload	;exitapp
tl;dr: Zoom in like crazy, pick some number of bait, F6 when your mouse cursor is above & left of the top left fish, F6 again when it's below & right of the bottom right fish, give it a few seconds, watch it go, don't mess with the mouse, F2 to stop

:siren:Caveats:siren:
  • You have to zoom in enough to get the fish slider bar's popup into the fishing area, because otherwise you end up having to pixel-search way too massive an area & it fucks up. I'm not sure if this is related to searching the color itself, or the range of colors it's looking for, or just not enough CPU cycles to get it to find the dot, mouse the dot and click the dot before the dot's moved from where it thinks the dot is. Personally, my zoom is 250% and that gets the bar fully into the pixelsearch area.
  • The color set up is for dark mode. There's a bit that says ";light mode 0x50452F"; replace the 0x13323b in the line directly below that with 0x50452F if you're one of those light moders.
  • Color recognition for actually hitting fish is hit-or-miss; doesn't work at all on Minerva, works ~85% of the time on Large Island. It always moves to the fish on LI, it just....doesn't always click on them, or the click doesn't register, and I'm not sure why. I figure having it bumblefuck around a little bit here is probably good for anti-botcheck if nothing else, and atm I'm only fishing LI anyway, so I haven't dug into this like I originally wanted to.
  • Hasn't missed a blue dot for me.

Can confirm this works beautifully, thank you

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Am I reading the gold upgrade "Iron Depot" right in that it just makes it so you always have sufficient nails and iron?

If so, seems like a big QOL improvement and decent money saver. 125 gold is a lot though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Am I reading the gold upgrade "Iron Depot" right in that it just makes it so you always have sufficient nails and iron?

If so, seems like a big QOL improvement and decent money saver. 125 gold is a lot though.

It's the single best upgrade in the game. As an added bonus, it also removes iron and nails from the exploration drop tables.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It is an amazing QOL improvement, but note that it doesn’t actually save you any money. It just automatically spends your Silver to top off on Nails/Iron. If you run out of Silver somehow, it won’t be able to buy more.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

super sweet best pal posted:

It's the single best upgrade in the game. As an added bonus, it also removes iron and nails from the exploration drop tables.

Totally agree with this. It doesn’t seem worth it when you first consider it but as you progress it makes life so much better.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I’m finally free. Freeeeeeeeee

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

Oh dip. Yeah I'm in.

Klungar posted:

It is an amazing QOL improvement, but note that it doesn’t actually save you any money. It just automatically spends your Silver to top off on Nails/Iron. If you run out of Silver somehow, it won’t be able to buy more.

Noted, still worth it.

Doesn't this all make the Ironworks pretty pointless though?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh dip. Yeah I'm in.

Noted, still worth it.

Doesn't this all make the Ironworks pretty pointless though?

Buy ironworks but don’t level it. You occasionally get small springs, but extra levels don’t affect that.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Parts Unknown needing a ton of corn after the gold leaf grind is a rude surprise.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Is the any reason to blow 50 gold carrots on the final hoptimistic quest for the rabbits foot? I just don’t see a good reason atm.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Currently on the gold leaf grind, just got done with the corn portion of Parts Unknown--

gently caress you game, I'm making more corn and storing it. You fucker.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Shinjobi posted:

Currently on the gold leaf grind, just got done with the corn portion of Parts Unknown--

gently caress you game, I'm making more corn and storing it. You fucker.

if you're not growing mushrooms to slap together poo poo, always be growing random other stuff to fill up your inventory because some quest is going to want it

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

if you're not growing mushrooms to slap together poo poo, always be growing random other stuff to fill up your inventory because some quest is going to want it

Yup, I try to keep around 1k of everything on hand.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh okay. Part Unknown also wants gold leaf. And it wants all the bugs in large quantities. And it wants rare drops from exploring in large quantities.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrobably hitting a bit of an effort wall with this quest.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

people will give you all the bugs if you ask for them in giveaways

gold leafs are easily the first big "wall" you run into, easily mitigated by getting the frog up to level 6 with your first billion you save up
otherwise you can adventure in the forest a whole bunch I guess

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Even bottling gold fish is tedious. Thanks again for the script, just unlocked Pirates Cove.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Which pet should I level to 6 next? I don’t have my 1pm farm row yet; I’m waiting for the hopeful July 4th event for the XP bump, but I make a billion every few days.

I’m considering spider for R20, boar for free steak, or the penguin for silver generation.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Don’t bother getting the penguin past 5, it’s a tiny amount of cash and you’ll want more giant squids for a couple quests. Same with the pig, the jade flows freely enough that the steaks also don’t matter.

Honestly I’d get the mandrill so you never have a grape juice issue.
Otherwise Go for the spider for the RS cash flow, or the cat for more gold feathers and the 500m refund, or the squirrel for more rune 20 and the refund.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Mandrill for grape juice is a good call.

I’m not certain but I’m considering buying 93 buddystones from Borgen to get the Buddy background. I have enough chests and keys for the coins but the catch is using up the gems from the chests and not just voiding or selling them.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Right now I’m making at least 3 Grape Juice per day (my current spend) so I’ll hit up the other suggestions—thanks!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Honey at Borgen Camp. Ancient coin sink hoooooooo!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Should I blow all my coins on the honey at Borgen's instead of anything else?

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

Don’t bother getting the penguin past 5, it’s a tiny amount of cash and you’ll want more giant squids for a couple quests. Same with the pig, the jade flows freely enough that the steaks also don’t matter.

Honestly I’d get the mandrill so you never have a grape juice issue.
Otherwise Go for the spider for the RS cash flow, or the cat for more gold feathers and the 500m refund, or the squirrel for more rune 20 and the refund.

What’s the 500n refund on cat or squirrel?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

FreshFeesh posted:

Which pet should I level to 6 next? I don’t have my 1pm farm row yet; I’m waiting for the hopeful July 4th event for the XP bump, but I make a billion every few days.

I’m considering spider for R20, boar for free steak, or the penguin for silver generation.

Get pig to 6. He doesn’t pay himself off, but you will eventually need 700 moonstone.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

HelloNewman posted:

What’s the 500n refund on cat or squirrel?

Once you hit all 80s you’ll get 4 quests for the rare drops from the first four pets that give 500m each. Don’t do the owl one through, leave him at 5 because you need literally 3000+ honey and the drops for honey are faster at 5 than 6.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Man, people love that leaderboard for the community center. 1000% completion already. Several of the names in the top 10 lately have brag posts in their bios about being like the second person to grandmaster large nets or whatever. Takes all sorts I guess.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

Once you hit all 80s you’ll get 4 quests for the rare drops from the first four pets that give 500m each. Don’t do the owl one through, leave him at 5 because you need literally 3000+ honey and the drops for honey are faster at 5 than 6.

Wow I had no idea the collector quests were tied to this. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Since the exchange center came out there's at least one you can complete without levelling the pet, and I think another one can be obtained through the wishing well if you get those.

Just got to ATI6 and guess I'm growing pines all day now.