Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I legitimately do not remember that mall having a Burger King and I've lived near it since like '98.

This is honestly the most exciting thing in that dying mall for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That looks like a 80s-90s BK to my trained eye

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is there some guy still mopping the floors there? That's probably in the top 25% of cleanest Burger Kings in the country.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It's a thread

https://twitter.com/infamousfiddler/status/1541594948792979458?t=13plhdxD70c466leRt4-Qg&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My hometown had a cool old 50s-themed McDonalds, like with jukeboxes and an Elvis statue and poo poo. After I moved away, I was very bummed to hear that they sold the location to a new owner and immediately remodeled it to look like any old normal location.

Think this, but smaller and without the museum aspect of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_N_Roll_McDonald%27s

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Reminds me of the time my dear sweet 70 year old mum asked me "what's 'AF' mean"
all I can think of is "uhhhh usually it means As gently caress? What's the context"
"Oh I was on the World of Warcraft forums and someone said my screen name was 'cool AF" :kimchi:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1541897491066535938

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

it's actually sort of depressing that the most meaningful and happy moments of life are so simple and yet we're mired in a daunting world of unnecessary complexity

we really did have it all didn't we

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

please make it stop

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Evilreaver posted:

Reminds me of the time my dear sweet 70 year old mum asked me "what's 'AF' mean"
all I can think of is "uhhhh usually it means As gently caress? What's the context"
"Oh I was on the World of Warcraft forums and someone said my screen name was 'cool AF" :kimchi:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Horse_ebooks wasn't a bot, any more than dril is.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Horse_ebooks wasn't a bot, any more than dril is.

??

horse_ebooks just posted snippets of the weird fuckin' horse book, right?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Echophonic posted:

I legitimately do not remember that mall having a Burger King and I've lived near it since like '98.

This is honestly the most exciting thing in that dying mall for years.

Been in DE since the 80s myself, I swear to God I think that thing *might* be a McDonalds they had way back when? Or maybe was a McDonalds that got sold and turned into a Burger King? Hard to remember, but I swear I'm getting memories of a McDonalds I ate in way back when that looked like that. Or maybe I'm confusing it with another dying mall, barely go near Concord since I'm closer to Christiana Mall, which somehow seems to not be dying but outright doing well (maybe location? Being right off I-95 and near Route 1 is pretty drat good that way).

Large Testicles posted:

That Burger King was the only thing in Delaware and now that it's been found, Delaware once again doesn't exist.

I swear to God I've had Pennsylvania residents, when I say I'm from Delaware, think I mean Delaware County PA and not an actual state. At least we have a sense of humor about it; I remember the local DE paper had a contest for state slogan, and the winner was a map of the USA as seen from the West coast with a little guy way off waving labelled "Hey America, we're over here!". I still think "Delaware and Dracula; Only One Has a Night Life" or "Delaware: World's Largest Rhode Island" were better though. Also small state means we actually ran into Joe Biden when his wife and my dad were in for colon screening, so my dad got to achieve the dream of many Americans and constantly pass gas in Biden's direction in the recovery room :D.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

John Lee posted:

??

Nah it mostly just some guy

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

John Lee posted:

??

That was the lie he told but yeah it was just some guy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

You can just lie on the internet now?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_ebooks

it was a spam bot originally, but then the account was sold to a guy who wrote the posts himself and gradually pivoted it a viral marketing thing

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

repiv posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_ebooks

it was a spam bot originally, but then the account was sold to a guy who wrote the posts himself and gradually pivoted it a viral marketing thing

Oh, okay, that makes sense. I never knew an actual guy took it over.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

MadDogMike posted:

Been in DE since the 80s myself, I swear to God I think that thing *might* be a McDonalds they had way back when? Or maybe was a McDonalds that got sold and turned into a Burger King? Hard to remember, but I swear I'm getting memories of a McDonalds I ate in way back when that looked like that. Or maybe I'm confusing it with another dying mall, barely go near Concord since I'm closer to Christiana Mall, which somehow seems to not be dying but outright doing well (maybe location? Being right off I-95 and near Route 1 is pretty drat good that way).

I swear to God I've had Pennsylvania residents, when I say I'm from Delaware, think I mean Delaware County PA and not an actual state. At least we have a sense of humor about it; I remember the local DE paper had a contest for state slogan, and the winner was a map of the USA as seen from the West coast with a little guy way off waving labelled "Hey America, we're over here!". I still think "Delaware and Dracula; Only One Has a Night Life" or "Delaware: World's Largest Rhode Island" were better though. Also small state means we actually ran into Joe Biden when his wife and my dad were in for colon screening, so my dad got to achieve the dream of many Americans and constantly pass gas in Biden's direction in the recovery room :D.

Yeah, since '85 here, moved up north when I said. Concord's going the way of Tri-State like 10 years ago. I went for a walk around like two weeks ago and god drat, it's just deperessing. There's just nothing there unless you like Boscov's or that one Italian place that I have no idea is any good anymore. And yeah, Christiana's still pretty nice, even if I do miss the fountain. Probably because the next nearest decent mall is in Exton, if you don't feel like driving to King of Prussia to deal with that insanity. I swear, whoever built KoP was trying to summon an elder god.

And :patriot: to your dad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MadDogMike posted:

Can you tell me the name of a beloved series of children's books featuring a family of bears?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

zoux posted:

Can you tell me the name of a beloved series of children's books featuring a family of bears?

the Borgnine bears

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

zoux posted:

Ah yes the classic Brownstone Bears books.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh no, the multiverse!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

is this the mufasa effect?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

zoux posted:

Oh no, the multiverse!

sucked, into, a bagel

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The Borgia Bears?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Read After Burning posted:

Think this, but smaller and without the museum aspect of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_N_Roll_McDonald%27s

I never knew the Wesley Willis song was a reference to a real place

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’ll tell you what, my life has certainly been strange since I ate at the Burger King in Amarillo.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Bourbon Bears

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
The R. L. Stine Bears.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

is this the mufasa effect?

No, that’s Simba’s dad. You’re thinking of a complex geometric pattern made with colored sand.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

More a delivery

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Laserjet 4P posted:

No, that’s Simba’s dad. You’re thinking of a complex geometric pattern made with colored sand.

No, that's mosaics. You're thinking of the record label founded by Berry Gordy Jr

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Could well be, yes.

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipe/374-bukkake-udon-noodles

Also it would be a nice idea to get grandma a pearl necklace for her birthday, and take her out for a facial.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Olanphonia posted:

No, that's mosaics. You're thinking of the record label founded by Berry Gordy Jr

This poo poo sucks and was never fun. Stop it.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Dr. Lunchables posted:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Who poo poo in your fuckin' Cheerios? Why do you give a poo poo what other people do to have fun? I think it's pretty dorky, sure, but I've never told anybody to stop, because it just straight-up does not affect me in any way. Or are you just like "They're doing it where I CAN SEE, you don't understand, they're PUBLICLY ENJOYING A THING I DON'T LIKE"

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It takes up half a page at minimum and is tiring every time it comes up, which is way too often. Why don’t we spend the next five pages on Chuck Norris jokes?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dr. Lunchables posted:

It takes up half a page at minimum and is tiring every time it comes up, which is way too often. Why don’t we spend the next five pages on Chuck Norris jokes?

Chuck Norris jokes? Like jokes about that cigarette company? That's a bit dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Heh