Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

mdemone posted:

That's the Brandenburg test for incitement to violence.

Normally Popehat and the lawyer crowd on Twitter go "*sigh* No its not incitement" to pretty much everything, but this time they're saying "Well it might actually be incitement."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Please make sure you're very specific about the conditions of your toxx and I'll edit it into the OP.

edit: looks like $25 to a Ukraine charity if Trump is/isn't indicted by Sept 1?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Fritz the Horse posted:

Please make sure you're very specific about the conditions of your toxx and I'll edit it into the OP.

Was mine clear enough? I can clarify if needed

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Fritz the Horse posted:

Put my name against this!

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Spiffster posted:

Was mine clear enough? I can clarify if needed

It'd be easier if everyone just did the same thing, your post said "arrested" which is different than indicted.

I mean, $25 is probably not a huge deal that people are gonna try and weasel out of

If folks want to bet $25 to charity that Trump is/isn't indicted for stuff related to the Jan 6th hearings by Sept 1st, that seems good.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I assume this includes Georgia too, if the Fulton County DA indicts Trump.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
But is it RICO?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I will stick with my "yes they will" bet and match anyone else's, up to....uh, maybe just a couple more because I am not exactly rich

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rigel posted:

That was my understanding as well.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Rigel posted:

I'd accept any indictment of Trump either in local, state or federal jurisdictions.

If this happens before Sept 1st I will donate 25 bucks to a charity listed in the OP of this thread to support Ukraine since Trump tried to screw that country.: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994478

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

NBC just had Peter Alexander sit next to Lester Holt and basically repeat his tweet so that will be the story from now. :argh:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 29, 2022

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Today I began to feel like the outcome would be "Trump is hereby placed under MarALago/house arrest for X". Everyone else gets sent to prison, but "in deference to his public service" or somesuch they just don't have the heart to send this particular dying insane man to prison.

The involved GOP representatives are playing a tight prisoner's paradox, but the other GOP are playing things... fairly unintelligently. Trump will blame every single one of them lying to defend himself, even if they weren't involved, so it seems in their better interest to spill now before their chance is gone.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hutchinson didn't say anything today that they didn't already have in her depositions. They scheduled this emergency hearing today "due to a credible threat", which is probably the witness tampering texts but maybe worse.

So why emergency schedule her today?

Because the Georgia GJ expires on Thursday.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mdemone posted:

Because the Georgia GJ expires on Thursday.

Yeah, given that Georgia republican officials just testified recently I think there's plenty of talk behind the scenes. The committee might know something is coming and they wanted their bombshell in front of it. Get people in the mindset of "ok yeah maybe he should go to jail" so they aren't questioning Trump being indicted over phone calls to GA.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Today I began to feel like the outcome would be "Trump is hereby placed under MarALago/house arrest for X". Everyone else gets sent to prison, but "in deference to his public service" or somesuch they just don't have the heart to send this particular dying insane man to prison.

The involved GOP representatives are playing a tight prisoner's paradox, but the other GOP are playing things... fairly unintelligently. Trump will blame every single one of them lying to defend himself, even if they weren't involved, so it seems in their better interest to spill now before their chance is gone.

I'll put $25 to an abortion charity that Trump sees no personal legal consequences by Sept 1

I'd love to lose this but I don't think I will.

edit: I'd go longer because I don't think he ever will but you need an end-date on these.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 29, 2022

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Danger posted:

Excuse me, it's "hanged".

You can't fool me, I read Twas The Night Before Christmas. :colbert:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

mobby_6kl posted:

If he's (somehow) legally allowed to run, more chuds will vote for him than in 2020

Considering how many of them voted for him in 2020 I'm not sure that's even possible.

Now states like Arizona letting them vote more than once on the other hand...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Like 7 solid hours of choking jokes I’ve been making, and this is the first time I remembered his tiny, pudgy hands.

How time flies.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Fritz the Horse posted:

It'd be easier if everyone just did the same thing, your post said "arrested" which is different than indicted.

I mean, $25 is probably not a huge deal that people are gonna try and weasel out of

If folks want to bet $25 to charity that Trump is/isn't indicted for stuff related to the Jan 6th hearings by Sept 1st, that seems good.

I can change to indicted to keep it all on a level playing field if you want. I was always told editing Toxx was a big no no so I didn’t touch it

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Trump can barely walk down a slight incline, how on earth does anyone believe he "lunged" lmfao

also how does he get to the wheel if the beast is a) pretty long and b) the mfing partition ??

e: ya does someone wanna explain how this fat bastard is gonna "lunge" :D from his seat in the rear through the little partition window to get to the steering wheel

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 29, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Trump can barely walk down a slight incline, how on earth does anyone believe he "lunged" lmfao

also how does he get to the wheel if the beast is a) pretty long and b) the mfing partition ??

It was just an SUV someone posted video

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

e: ya does someone wanna explain how this fat bastard is gonna "lunge" :D from his seat in the rear through the little partition window to get to the steering wheel

You could attempt to read the thread Mr. President

Also, that is the LEAST damning thing about everything that was said yet the chud brigade is latching onto it like it's loving Phoenix Wright

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

They weren't in that limo. They were in a regular black SUV. People around the president just colloquially refer to any car Trump is in as the Beast even if its not the limo. Kind of like any plane he is on is Air Force One.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

There's literally footage of him driving off in an SUV and not in the magic murder limo

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

cochise posted:

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1541868218922541058

I went back and checked the testimony from today after seeing the usual MAGA idiots making big claims about Trump not being able to grab the steering wheel in the Beast. It wasn't the Beast/presidential limo. It was a Secret Service suburban. So that argument is dead.

Literally less than 3 hours apart in this thread lol.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1541930100295344136

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Keyser_Soze posted:

NBC just had Peter Alexander sit next to Lester Holt and basically repeat his tweet so that will be the story from now. :argh:

This? This is what they're trying to refute? Not the other damning stuff? This?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Silly Burrito posted:

They don't have a lot of other angles to work here so they're gonna hammer it until it breaks

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Quibbling over the definition of "lunged" and doing zapruder analysis of the logistics of fighting inside an SUV are good ways to distract the goldfish brains from all the incredibly damning information presented today

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah the "trump takes the wheel" poo poo is the fun stuff, it's all the other stuff that would send a normal person to jail but will probably not even touch Trump.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I did actually like this one which I could easily see Glenn posting

https://twitter.com/TheRealJVanWyck/status/1541959465792143360

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
He was glued to the tv just raging through the while thing.
I love that this just makes him so angry.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

OgNar posted:

He was glued to the tv just raging through the while thing.
I love that this just makes him so angry.

lol 8k likes

must be a real bummer compared to millions of bot likes

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Silly Burrito posted:

I can see Trump trying an Impossible Burger and flinging it at the wall in disgust.

Come on now, he likes his steaks burnt to a crisp, there's no way his palate is good enough to tell the difference.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

He grabs it with his tiny hands …

But he just can’t steer the beast.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

if you include a women's/repro rights charity I would toxx 25 on trump not being indicted

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

I'll put $25 to an abortion charity that Trump sees no personal legal consequences by Sept 1

I'd love to lose this but I don't think I will.

edit: I'd go longer because I don't think he ever will but you need an end-date on these.

Call it manifesting, but $25 to NNAF that he is indicted by September 1st, Georgia or federal. (That is, I'm saying he will be. If not, I'll pony up.)

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

cochise posted:

Secret Service suburban

Escalade, I think. The President cannot be seen in a Chevrolet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

ummel posted:

Escalade, I think. The President cannot be seen in a Chevrolet.

Ackshually.....

Ok, so the POTUS motorcade and vehicles have changed quite a bit since the old Beast limo days speculated on in that magazine cap. Yes the limo is still around but POTUS is transported in more than just that one car type.

The thing is, these vehicles are custom from front to back.

In the clip, you can see it is actually a "Suburban" with the badge on the front right. But that badge is just a badge, every panel of sheet metal is different than the everyday Suburban, the frame the body is mounted on is certainly reinforced and different, entire suspension setup is different, etc. The most obvious visible difference is every area has been reinforced from the outside to be blast resistant, door panels and glass throughout etc.

It's been that way for quite a few years, the 'Suburbans' are used often like the original Beast limo (also entirely custom, obviously) but I dunno when which is which for what type of event.

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1541868218922541058

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 29, 2022