Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I was going to skip Halo because grunt grunt shootyman but wow does this movement look awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

This is the first time I've seen someone go by 'any/all' for pronouns.

It exudes a powerful aura.

Yeah its pretty rad.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Agent355 posted:

I hate swearing rules, gently caress. Let em drop f-bombs, it doesn't matter.

But also, they do tend to only run the 'games with swears in em' at late evening/night in US timezones. Which is sorta standard broadcasting rules of 'children are in bed, you can say swears again'.

It's an international stream so it's not perfect but I guess w/e.

iirc didnt runners curse back before 2013ish? was always cringe and drama inducing

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Just carjack a scripted dropship to get around the massive map faster.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

Just carjack a scripted dropship to get around the massive map faster.
yeah I'm not big on Halo but that's incredibly creative and kind of amazing that it works

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This is a cool run

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Never played a Halo game, but this is fun! The movement is really entertaining. Out of bounds + grappling hook that hooks on to seemingly everything is really cool-looking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"How much time does that save?"

"None! It just looks really cool."

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

bi crimes posted:

iirc didnt runners curse back before 2013ish? was always cringe and drama inducing

I don't recall exactly if swearing was allowed then but there was alot of loving cringe back then. GDQ was only improved when they told people to stop bringing their body pillows and stuffed animals.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

They're gamers, if you don't police the language on stream it's just a matter of time before the gamer word gets said and the corporate partnerships start evaporating. It also makes the stream way more inclusive, turns out a bunch of people don't like listening to someone spouting off slurs.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The gently caress word isn't a slur. I'm not saying they should just call people slurs?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have no issue with them playing it safe.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
How many devs did this game have and are they all watching the stream?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
yes

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Bremen posted:

Apparently one of the communications directors at 343 Studios sent out an internal memo that this game was up as a Donation Incentive and they showed up in droves to help get it in.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
That same director made a donation where they were like "yeah I just abused my position lol"

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Directing people to donate to charity is a good use of power IMO

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Bremen posted:

I mean a game like this would have literally hundreds of people working on it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Every evening during the Red Bull Daily Recap I crack 'n chug a Red Bull in solidarity. I haven't slept since Sunday. Help me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cernunnos posted:

Directing people to donate to charity is a good use of power IMO

Telling your employees how to spend their wages isn't, particularly when it's promoting the company. It's a good cause, yes, but there's a line that should be there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Every evening during the Red Bull Daily Recap I crack 'n chug a Red Bull in solidarity. I haven't slept since Sunday. Help me.

A Red Bull keeps you up all day? I didn't even get 2 hours from them in college. Which of us is the weird one?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mario odyssey time :getin:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I know the limericks are good fun for charity and all but i still get unreasonably angry when they're not in meter

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

There once was a master of verse
specializing in poetry terse
but when it came to meter
they could never quite find the right word or remember how dipthongs count
so their product turned out for the worse

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just realized that you can tell who is talking by if their name is lit up. That's a neat feature since you can't see mouths.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

I just realized that you can tell who is talking by if their name is lit up. That's a neat feature since you can't see mouths.

Oh THAT'S why they did it! Maybe. Good catch.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Spike's hands are gonna fall off if he claps for every moon

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Oh THAT'S why they did it! Maybe. Good catch.

I mean yeah maybe, but let's be honest you can't really see mouths at this resolution anyway. At least not clearly enough to be 100% on who is talking normally. I think they probably just did it because it's a cool idea.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't understand how this dude can play this game with...a pro controller? I needed split joy cons to manage anything approaching this kind of movement.

Pomme de Terror posted:

Spike's hands are gonna fall off if he claps for every moon

I want the whole room doing it. That's why we're back in person after all.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

He's on fire with these skips so far, drat. This is a good-rear end run.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

this guy is really drat good at this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
a lot of schmoovin in this run, i feel

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Agent355 posted:

The gently caress word isn't a slur. I'm not saying they should just call people slurs?

No of course not. I'm saying it's easier and better to have a blanket ban on it than to maintain and enforce a list of censored words or something. It's not like it's difficult for someone to avoid saying gently caress for 45 minutes, and the management obviously accept little slips like CovertMuffin's.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Crowd doing single claps for moons is great. I love you crowd.

Brigadier Mollosque-Lanceur III, Dauphin of Bubblaine

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
GOD watching someone do the fast Mecha-Broodle fight is always cool as hell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thought I tuned in right at the end of the Odyssey run, but it's a darker side run. :woop:

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Had to step out for a while, so I missed the Odyssey run up to this point - what's the deal with a Darker Side run? I heard something about the game being bugged out?

Edit: oh my god the cable is broken, this is truly a GDQ now

Kestral fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 29, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Ahahah, that controller is definitely going to die before the run ends.

Vinciolo
Aug 27, 2010

Kestral posted:

Had to step out for a while, so I missed the Odyssey run up to this point - what's the deal with a Darker Side run? I heard something about the game being bugged out?

Darker Side is the final challenging location, unlocked after... 500 moons, I believe? So it's not a 100% run, but it's also completing the most challenging part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Kestral posted:

Edit: oh my god the cable is broken, this is truly a GDQ now

It's just the way the run is routed where they skipped a boss, they said they're lucky that the game just sets a flag as if the level was beaten and a couple moons are just there to be grabbed rather than the game completely making GBS threads itself.

This is an incredible run.

EDIT: Darker Side is the most challenging part of Odyssey that's unlocked once you have 500 moons so they speed run the main game, once you beat the main game new moons are unlocked in all the previous levels so then they go and get close to 400 more moons to unlock Darker Side.