Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

I am having a little chuckle at the idea of playing the communism game as a member of CUKTIG

Seems easy enough, you just exit the game without saving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

Hey, want to see the most incredible take?

lol i heard much the same on bbc 2 not jeremy vine show today

"that old like lynches could get twice what he's asking for and he still wouldn't be happy, he just has it in for boris, he's proper JELLIS!!!!!!!!!!!! :nyd:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it was some other oval office presenting who thought "working class hero" was a sincerely complimentary thing to call lynch lol

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The political vision quests get offered to you when you wake up on day 3. i imagine if you said no thank you there you're out of options to pick them back up again, but can pursue thoughts independently. There is also extremely a centrist option

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

jiggerypokery posted:

I was wearing my ultra liberal trousers to bed and woke to be asked about my lust for capital over and over again so I figured there must be some way out of this hell.
someone do one of those guardian header photoshops for this

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

someone do one of those guardian header photoshops for this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that is definitely an adrian chiles article.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Labour would

Bring back 'angin' :mad:

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Guavanaut posted:

He should apologize for all the people they sent on an unnecessary death march away from there, killing an order of magnitude more than just remaining in place would.

I've not heard of this, what's the story?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If they're talking about going back to the restorative justice project that the tories smothered in the cradle, that sounds like a good idea. Restorative justice has much better results than punitive or rehabilitative justice.

The fact that they feel the need to frame it as tough on crime, the tories are too soft on crime rather than pointing out our massively disproportionate prison population and related failings on crime is predictably gross though.

Guess it polls well with Mrs Norman.

e:

Mourning Due posted:

I've not heard of this, what's the story?
Mass relocations were not only unnecessary, but caused more loss of life, ill health, stress, poverty, etc. than remaining in place with some clean bottled water for a while.

The same has been proven for the second round of Chernobyl relocations:

quote:

Applying CLEARE, it was found that the average dose for the 900 people living in the most contaminated regions would have led to a loss of life expectancy of 3 months (89 days) if they had not been relocated in 1990. In the lowest band of the effective relocation area (555–740 kBq m−2 ), the average dose would have caused 19 days to be lost. The average dose for the 207,000 people in all areas with more than 555 kBq m−2 activity would have led to a loss of life expectancy of 24 days. Thus the person relocated in 1990 receiving the average dose will have achieved a gain in life expectancy of about 3½ weeks as a result of the decrease in radiation exposure achieved. These figures on reduction of life expectancy may be put into an initial context by noting that, according to Levchuk (2009), preventable alcohol-related deaths in Ukraine reduced male life expectancy by 5.2 years in 1995. Meanwhile the average Londoner currently loses 4.5 months of life through air pollution in the nation’s capital (9 months loss of life expectancy at birth (Darzi, 2014))

The biggest tragedy of the whole thing was the Euro countries that used it as an excuse to scrap nuclear and go back on coal, which, yeah.
(The biggest farce is that you could have an all-electric London run by a nuclear plant in the middle of the city and deliberately overcook it every 40 years or so and it would still be less harmful to life than living in actual real London, lol.)

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 28, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Is there a good letsplay or something for Disco Elysium cause all this liberal pants stuff just confirms I'm missing out

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it looks like the image is the aftermath of an execution by firing squad

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is there a good letsplay or something for Disco Elysium cause all this liberal pants stuff just confirms I'm missing out

I enjoyed SuperGreatFriend’s exhaustive playthrough, it’s on YT in 30 something parts.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Blasmeister posted:

I enjoyed SuperGreatFriend’s exhaustive playthrough, it’s on YT in 30 something parts.

I was kinda hoping for something that would take less of my life than just playing the game. But I guess I could put it on in the background so thankyou

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah that's a good one, I'd also recommend WoolieVersus because their reactions are just gold and they're probably more willing to pick some of the zanier options than SGF.

e: It's long as heck though. But they did knock out a highlights video which is *only* about five hours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLp8KJWpuQ

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 28, 2022

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was kinda hoping for something that would take less of my life than just playing the game. But I guess I could put it on in the background so thankyou

It's worth actually playing. I put it off for ages, keep putting it off till you can be bothered. Like if you only play one game in your life ever...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

jiggerypokery posted:

It's worth actually playing. I put it off for ages, keep putting it off till you can be bothered. Like if you only play one game in your life ever...

My limited vidja time is p much all either Mario Kart with the missus or else harassing villagers as an insolent Untitled Goose

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
oval office rules on immigration

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

DE is good but everybody likes to quote the wacky comedy bits. however some of the best writing is the serious stuff - working class husband quest is a standout

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jiggerypokery posted:

It's 75% off in the Steam sale IIRC.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

DE is good but everybody likes to quote the wacky comedy bits. however some of the best writing is the serious stuff - working class husband quest is a standout

Yeah, it's harder to meme-ify the atmosphere of forlorn hope and hauntology in this game. The dead husband quest is some devastating writing, as is the Cursed Business District.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

I don't think I found the dead husband quest yet. I asked in here for no spoilers!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Anyone ever used SeatFrog? If so any tips for winning?

e; thought this was the UK chat thread lol

blunt fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 28, 2022

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

jiggerypokery posted:

I don't think I found the dead husband quest yet. I asked in here for no spoilers!

Minor spoiler, sorry: you stumble across it by being a flippant idiot

Like everything else in this game to be fair.

Pay phone

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah I would definitely recommend against trying to simply watch a let's play or highlights of DE unless you really really can't play it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We all talk about the funny moments so we don't have to admit how it made us cry like a half dozen times. Just play it, it's worth it I promise, accept the pheromones and don't shower afterwards and you're set that's all ya need to know

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Yeah, it's harder to meme-ify the atmosphere of forlorn hope and hauntology in this game. The dead husband quest is some devastating writing, as is the Cursed Business District.

I'm still only halfway through the game but I found a neat gun there and immediately sold it for booze money like any good alcoholic would do

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tories-prepare-for-snap-election-if-starmer-resigns-0zr65x2cg

Tories prepare for snap election if Keir Starmer resigns

quote:

…The [conservative party] source said: “Labour […] have spent three months tearing chunks out of themselves, and each [Labour] candidate would inevitably have to lurch to the left to win the vote. It’s the best chance we’d have of securing another majority under Boris.”

Even the Tories can see how Labour have made themselves unelectable.

Whwhwhaaard wuuurrrhking faammilees Jorrimable Horrible Corininoble

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Lt. Danger posted:

Epic High Five posted:

We all talk about the funny moments so we don't have to admit how it made us cry like a half dozen times. Just play it, it's worth it I promise, accept the pheromones and don't shower afterwards and you're set that's all ya need to know

I really can't stress enough how much this is all true and if you have time in your life for, like, watching films or binging a tv series or whatever, you have time in your life for Disco Elysium, FI

It is actually, definitively, and probably for the first time ever, Games As Art. It was genuinely one of the most meaningful artistic experiences I've ever had, across any medium

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Barry Foster posted:

It was genuinely one of the most meaningful artistic experiences I've ever had, across any medium

100%

It also went a long way towards repairing the psychic damage I'd taken from the fallout of 2019 and the collapse of Corbyn.

Best game.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

sebzilla posted:

It also went a long way towards repairing the psychic damage I'd taken from the fallout of 2019 and the collapse of Corbyn.

Yeah, same. It came into my life at exactly the time I needed it most. It also contributed to getting me into therapy, and (for awhile at least) curbed my drinking somewhat.

EDIT

also I can highly recommend Sea Power's Everything Was Forever, which so far is my album of the year. Two of the tracks on there are from DE, but obviously expanded and with lyrics and that. Lakeland Echo makes me well up every time, because it's the music from That Moment at the end of the game.

The whole album has the exact same knife-edge hope/despair thing going on as DE does, it's really, really good.

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 29, 2022

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

personally i think this is ridiculous because a reasonable amount of graffiti is to be expected in any community

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and i don't mean lovely artwork graffiti, i mean a big crude cock and balls drawn in a comically conspicuous but harmless location

or your ocassional

X :-

HOME RECKING Y! ! !!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah, same. It came into my life at exactly the time I needed it most. It also contributed to getting me into therapy, and (for awhile at least) curbed my drinking somewhat.

EDIT

also I can highly recommend Sea Power's Everything Was Forever, which so far is my album of the year. Two of the tracks on there are from DE, but obviously expanded and with lyrics and that. Lakeland Echo makes me well up every time, because it's the music from That Moment at the end of the game.

The whole album has the exact same knife-edge hope/despair thing going on as DE does, it's really, really good.

The only thing I know about that band (despite having seen them live once because a friend was road manager for the support & I'll never turn down a free guest pass) is they changed their name because who wants to be associated with Britain? And that's funny

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Ah, good to see that Labour MPs have learned the lesson of the first indyref and aren't just knee-jerk reacting to the news with the laziest bullshit and refusing to actually engage with the subject at all. Oh wait, of course they are, lol.

Interesting time to push though for sturgeon. The pulling suggests she doesn't have the numbers so it's hard to read as anything but playing to her base, given Bojo of all people will not agree to another vote in a million years. For his part, the smart play might be to allow it knowing he'll win, because that would decisively put the issue to bed for a good while. Of course, that kind of thinking is how we ended up with Brexit, so...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

personally i think this is ridiculous because a reasonable amount of graffiti is to be expected in any community
or sometimes an amount of reasonable graffiti

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wuwruugh luhbuh will untroduce tough punulties fow not leaving back shopping trolleys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
really the latter variety is a crime of passion and if you stop scorned women from rough parts letting off steam that way good luck with the consequences imo