Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

McLaren is trash and Zak Brown should be fired

Lets not get the thread closed down again friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Mods change my moniker to "racism is bad" so everyone knows that I feel that racism is bad.

Also - British posters please depose your decrepit monarch and install Sir Lewis Hamilton, 7(8) time F1 champion as your King, the bulldog will be crown prince because I don't want too much of a change and figured a diseased creature borne of generations of inbreeding in the court will ensure that the Brits can ease to the rule of the House of Hamilton.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 29, 2022

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i didn't read the posts but i guess a mod locked the thread because people said racism is bad or something??? lmao, just lmao. that's the sa forums for you. well anyways ferrari owns, c-ya.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

McLaren is trash and Zak Brown should be fired

username checks out

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
im glad fromula 1 ended racism for the third time.

see you at abu dhabi.

this post is sponsored by ARAMCO and PETROBRAS

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sab0921 posted:

British posters please depose your decrepit monarch and install Sir Lewis Hamilton, 7(8) time F1 champion as your King, the bulldog will be crown prince because I don't want too much of a change and figured a diseased creature borne of generations of inbreeding in the court will ensure that the Brits can ease to the rule of the House of Hamilton.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lewis hamilton sucks and he is getting beated by a guy who last year drove a loving williams lmao

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

why are there so many racist Germans in Brazil :thunk:

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.
Lewis is just making sure George’s first year on the team is positive and is yielding position so George has the confidence needed to be a good #2 supporting a WCC and WDC #8 next year.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

At this point they might as well rebrand to Red Bull Racists

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Luckily Lewis isn't in contention for anything so he doesn't have any reason to pit maneuver our max into the wall this year.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Hows about those cast iron rice cookers?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lodge make good entry-level cast iron cookware unless you want to ball out with Le Creuset.

Zojirushi rice cookers are the pro choice, imo. Mine plays, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" when the rice is done.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

acidx posted:

Luckily Lewis isn't in contention for anything so he doesn't have any reason to pit maneuver our max into the wall this year.

You mean Lewis is in perfect position to punt Max off the track since he’s got nothing to lose. Then he can hit the media with “if you don’t go for the gap, you’re not a racing driver”.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kirios posted:

This has been my first year following F1 and I’ve heard nothing but great things about Silverstone. I love racing it in sims so I’m very excited to see it driven by F1 cars!

Silverstone is pretty good for the last-gen cars and it manages to be both a technical track and also fairly high speed due to having so many medium- and high-speed corners. Really eager to see how the new ground effects cars deal with it, too.

The posting environment is fine, it's the sports argument forum and the 30 year old people will sometimes disagree and very mildly yell at each other and it would be very boring otherwise. There is a moderator who does a fine job telling people to stop when they get over the top so please don't lock the thread. Thanks.

I agree with prag, in particular the...gently caress I don't even know what to call it, Zapruder film-esque reading of Instagram likes by a former driver's daughter / former driver's partner / current driver's partner was way too in the weeds and wild for this thread. There's a difference between Scud vs. Mercedes vs. Red Bull posters and that, or even the occasional coffee/cast iron tangent.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Rodrigo Piquet on Instagram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qc0akWRBQk&t=114s

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

You can’t taste racism baby.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Both Clerks movies were art.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Guys, I'm afraid to say this Nelson Sr. stuff is all my fault. The night before, I was laying in bed watching Sky F1, which is boring as poo poo between races; they just repeat the same stuff over and over. I found myself thinking we haven't had a proper scandal in F1 since Max Mosley's nazi-themed orgies, I hope something goes down soon.. .and the next morning this happens. My apologies, everyone.

For me, the real question is whether Sir Lewis is still going to accept his honorary Brazilian citizenship. Personally I'd turn it down on the grounds they're too racist, and I'd also have some concerns whether being a Brazilian citizen means Lewis has to pay Brazilian taxes.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Full Collapse posted:

time to close the thread again

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Full Collapse posted:

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773?s=20&t=Y9bJiy0o1MV0tI178i49_g

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh, he's trying to post through it, I see.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Russian Bear posted:

You mean Lewis is in perfect position to punt Max off the track since he’s got nothing to lose. Then he can hit the media with “if you don’t go for the gap, you’re not a racing driver”.

is qualifying 10th or whatever really the perfect position to crash into the polesitter??

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

This was in 2009, imagine how much it pOwns now!

Wait what the gently caress is this the f1 thread, where am I

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Parappa the Dapper posted:

Lewis is just making sure George’s first year on the team is positive and is yielding position so George has the confidence needed to be a good #2 supporting a WCC and WDC #8 next year.

Thank you for explaining this to me OP. I was getting worried about Lewis and it was affecting my performance in the bedroom, ifykwim.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
speaking of misogyny, when piquet went to lotus and stopped winning didnt he start insulting mansells wife for some reason

im starting to think this piquet guy is maybe kind of a douchebag

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

speaking of misogyny, when piquet went to lotus and stopped winning didnt he start insulting mansells wife for some reason

And Mansell as well, with shots fired at Senna and Enzo Ferrari too according to Wikipedia.

But yes, Piquet has had Opinions for a long time.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Rhopunzel posted:

im starting to think this piquet guy is maybe kind of a douchebag

In case anyone needs a reminder of his general douchebaggery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNcOdgg4j1c

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I can't believe lewis' bung piercing left the news cycle.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:jackbud:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Day two of Lewis absolutely obliterating Piquet with a one-word tweet and I am still laughing at it.

Seriously considering switching alliance from Papaya to LH.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
imagine having as many titles as senna but being almost universally forgotten because you're an rear end in a top hat

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

loving look at it. It's perfect.

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/1541745996278992896?s=20&t=oGuASstLtJhXHlbnPbEL0A

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Can never get enough of people begging for Max's car to break down so their midpack also-ran can score 3points instead of 2.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Still We* Rise

(we = the number of likes on this tweet)

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

bi crimes posted:

why are there so many racist Germans in Brazil :thunk:

I made a “haha so many ex-Nazis went to Argentina after the war” joke to my friend from Brazil and he was like “haha way more ex-Nazis moved to the US dude” and I think about it every time the topic comes up now

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/wearetherace/status/1542073593537912832?s=20&t=w46ARSgTdwz0OioL-c5vEw

Latifi was right, its obvs the car

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Does anyone here happen to use F1 TV Access on Roku? I'm thinking about signing up but want to make sure I won't see any spoiler thumbnails/descriptions when I go to watch something a few hours after it happens.

It's funny how the first race of the season felt the most exciting (maybe because it was my first, or because it took place at night) but I'm actually more invested in the overall sport now. Rooting for Gasly and Tsunoda is a rollercoaster of emotions and gaffer tape.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

POCKET CHOMP posted:

i didn't read the posts but i guess a mod locked the thread because people said racism is bad or something??? lmao, just lmao. that's the sa forums for you. well anyways ferrari owns, c-ya.

yeah don't get it either why not just probe theo for being gross about women. it was a bad joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Wow thread got closed over a mild spat, I think thats the first time ive ever seen it happen. If you think that was bad you should have seen this place 15 years ago, there is a reason this was always known as the worst thread. Should have just probed the offenders, no need for everyone to suffer.

*puffs on pipe, leans back in rocker looking to the distance* But times were different back then, sigh, times were different....