Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Hirogen one was loving stupid though I thought the dude who was trying to find a different way for his people was somewhat of an interesting angle. But a really stupid way to do it.

I don't think The Predators would be satisfied by fake hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm never going to criticize Trek for taking some time to punch literal nazis

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure the only reason Star Trek runs into Nazis so much is that there are probably more Nazi uniforms made for Hollywood than the actual Wehrmacht

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Episode 2x01: Captain Pike Punches Nazis

Captain Pike and Spock, inexplicably in 2022, rampage through rural Florida, Texas, and Washington state assaulting white supremacists and burning copies of Mein Kampf. Episode contains no dialogue.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

HD DAD posted:

Captain Pike and Spock, inexplicably in 2022, rampage through rural Florida, Texas, and Washington state assaulting white supremacists and burning copies of Mein Kampf. Episode contains no dialogue.

How dare you describe the perfect episode of Star Trek, knowing full well it’ll never exist.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ortegas is there too, with a shovel to hit people with.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

HD DAD posted:

Man I knew Tarantino had a banger script hidden away

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

HD DAD posted:

I would buy a lifetime subscription to watch that episode. Are you listening, Paramount?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Ortegas is there too, with a shovel to hit people with.

And La’an. La’an needs some therapy by way of clobbering a fuckton of Nazis.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

nine-gear crow posted:

And La’an. La’an needs some therapy by way of clobbering a fuckton of Nazis.

La’an as Eli Roth’s Inglourious Basterds character

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

zoux posted:

The Hirogen one was loving stupid though I thought the dude who was trying to find a different way for his people was somewhat of an interesting angle. But a really stupid way to do it.

I don't think The Predators would be satisfied by fake hunting.

A good premise squandered by terrible execution, on Voyager? That can't be true!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How dare you describe the perfect episode of Star Trek, knowing full well it’ll never exist.

the enterprise D saucer crash but its scooping the south off the map

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Shyrka posted:

Riker makes an innocent statement about something and Data rattles off a bunch of surrounding facts and context because he's a big-brain android.

Worf makes an innocent complaint about DS9 and Odo rattles off a bunch of security breaches and fuckups aboard the Enterprise because he's been waiting for this moment.

This made me laugh way too hard

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder what other lists odo keeps on his colleagues for when the time is right

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

zoux posted:

I wonder what other lists odo keeps on his colleagues for when the time is right

I wonder if he ever showed Kira her file and how far back it goes

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

StashAugustine posted:

I wonder if he ever showed Kira her file and how far back it goes

Dukat sure did

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dukat was so delusional even before he went further so

Like when he goes with kira to rescue the downed transport / reunites with his daughter and he's lamenting to kira how he's gonna have to kill her 🙄

He said that to one of 2 people in star trek that would actually rip him apart with their hands if they had no other weapon, to prevent that

(The other being weyoun.gif)

E: actually ensign ro and lt yar would also do it without hesitation or remorse to be fair 💪

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Odo keeps a list of Sisko’s war crimes but only so he can pull it out occasionally to nod and grunt in approval.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Odo would've loving loved Raylan Givens

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I know we all laugh at the "oh but who is guilty of what" Cardassian crime thrillers line, but that's literally how like every Poirot story works and those are considered the best mystery novels aorund.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Haha never tell the same lie twice is the best comeback to the boy who cries wolf

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Odo is a cop and ACAB

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

CLAM DOWN posted:

Odo is a cop and ACAB

That's 100 percent true but he is a really bad cop. Like, mall cop for two stores who can't catch the criminal mastermind that works twenty feet in front of his security desk bad.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Odo almost caused the federation to be destroyed because he was too busy fuckin lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Randallteal posted:

That's 100 percent true but he is a really bad cop. Like, mall cop for two stores who can't catch the criminal mastermind that works twenty feet in front of his security desk bad.
And he can shapeshift

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sash! posted:

I know we all laugh at the "oh but who is guilty of what" Cardassian crime thrillers line, but that's literally how like every Poirot story works and those are considered the best mystery novels aorund.

Also the third pink panther movie.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Randallteal posted:

He doesn't want to really arrest Quark because leaving Quark about always let's him catch the real dangerous criminals because Quark is his pal

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

odo is dead forever

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Odo let Kira go even though she murdered that dude while she was in the resistance, guess his boner got in the way of his sense of justice

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol quark running some contractual sex slave bar: QUAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRRK

odo was hiding in the condoms

this time hes gonna pitch the perps

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

HD DAD posted:

Odo almost caused the federation to be destroyed because he was too busy fuckin lmao

Lets get this straight, Odo was superfucking instead of regular loving with the changeling female. We are talking SSJ3 levels of loving that no mere mortal can comprehend

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
But Captain… I am lube.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BonHair posted:

I'm pretty sure that loving further off than any human had ever done was his main thing?

But I'm pretty sure Enterprise tried to do flawed characters like on Battlestar Galactica, where Archer was just a bit too eager to do all the things now.

Enterprise came out in 2001, the BSG miniseries was 2003.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That chussy can alter your whole world view.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
With his inability to perfectly mimic humanoid features, I like to imagine Odo’s cock was just a perfect cylinder. Or an elongated cube.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

HD DAD posted:

With his inability to perfectly mimic humanoid features, I like to imagine Odo’s cock was just a perfect cylinder. Or an elongated cube.

I'm picturing a balloon animal dachsund

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Obviously they were wind chimes

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I imagine it like play-doh pushed through a star shape, like a raw churro

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer