Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

So close to seeing that sub 20k again. Less than $100 and it was less than $50 to go a minute ago. It's just been like a turd slowly rolling down a hill this time.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Tether isn't looking that healthy atm either.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

So close to seeing that sub 20k again. Less than $100 and it was less than $50 to go a minute ago. It's just been like a turd slowly rolling down a hill this time.

So, there's a gap at $18k, at $9k, at $4500 and around $400. We will see which fill when, but we *may* see below 20k...edit: yep. We're under. There's a bunch of announcements for financial stuff this week ahead, so Wednesday's Powell meeting could be the straw to break the camel's back. I'm short on fantasy money, so I'm fine with seeing bitcoin head towards the ground.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/calendar.htm. The theoretical bounce I said was possible never happened, and now everything is screaming bearish. Time to see how low it goes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

So, there's a gap at $18k, at $9k, at $4500 and around $400. We will see which fill when, but we *may* see below 20k...edit: yep. We're under. There's a bunch of announcements for financial stuff this week ahead, so Wednesday's Powell meeting could be the straw to break the camel's back. I'm short on fantasy money, so I'm fine with seeing bitcoin head towards the ground.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/calendar.htm. The theoretical bounce I said was possible never happened, and now everything is screaming bearish. Time to see how low it goes.

Sounds like I need to keep F5ing this thread again for the laughs.

Local news ran a report on how the exchanges (Litebit, BitVavo) weren't planning on firing anyone and were going to keep hiring expecting growth to come again. Besides, they had a healthy business. I really want to see it crash further.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Aaaand someone turned the money printer back on

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I still don’t get why butt people still entrust their coins to exchanges

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Piggy Smalls posted:

He told me that if I didn’t give my ID for the KYC paperwork Then it’s as if I didn’t accept his gift. I told him A gift is a gift regardless of how the gift is used.

i cherish this

since time immemorial, families and neighbours gathered around the hearth to accept each other's love by signing each other's NDAs and powers of attorneys, or else a christmas lawsuit be visited upon them, burning all their gifts away to ash

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Alan Smithee posted:

let me grab a quick screenshot from my transaction history

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FCKGW posted:

I was wondering if this was true or not and it turns out it is!

Dapper Labs, the company behind the original NFT “Crypto Kitties”, tried to trademark the name “NIFTYS”. Ironically this is likely the very reason that this name didn’t catch on (the application was eventually abandoned)

https://twitter.com/ronmartinez/status/1027649351647219712?s=21&t=iMz46Pf3bZsZOG8XH3mMLg

More like GRIFTY lmao gottem

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

PITY BONER posted:

Words that I think are dumb, part one:

Tradfi
Defi
Cex
HODL
Fintech
Doge
Stablecoin
dAPI

I'll post part two another time. Thanks for reading.

I'm now wondering how many dudes describe themselves as "DeFi guy with a Tradfi Wife" right before she files for divorce due to his HODLing.

Alan Smithee posted:

Because a bunch of exchanges offer interest or other benefits. Usually from lending out your crypto. They argue they aren't banks despite operating like one.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

is there a Real Apetm nft that is abbreviated to rape

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of sugaRAPE one just to make it fully Nathan Barley certified

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

carrionman posted:

Aaaand someone turned the money printer back on

The printer seems to be losing a little more effectiveness each time

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Question about the money printing thing. I get that they're doing fake trades to make the price look higher than it "really" is, but each time they do this is it basically like just stacking more and more blocks on your jenga tower? Like they can't keep doing this forever right, surely at some point all the fake money is going to make the inevitable crash way more dramatic once it comes home to roost

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Adolf Glitter posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of sugaRAPE one just to make it fully Nathan Barley certified

God, Nathan Barley and the whole sugaRAPE crew would be balls deep into crypto/NFTs if they were around today, wouldn't they?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

CountryMatters posted:

Question about the money printing thing. I get that they're doing fake trades to make the price look higher than it "really" is, but each time they do this is it basically like just stacking more and more blocks on your jenga tower? Like they can't keep doing this forever right, surely at some point all the fake money is going to make the inevitable crash way more dramatic once it comes home to roost

Yes.
In for a penny, if for a (few billion) pound is the "thinking" I guess
Or maybe they actually have the ability to cover it all. Lol no

lynch_69 posted:

God, Nathan Barley and the whole sugaRAPE crew would be balls deep into crypto/NFTs if they were around today, wouldn't they?

I can imagine that guy buying his new ape on that proto-smartphone they had

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jun 29, 2022

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I started spitting knowledge about crypto investing to a girl at the coffee kiosk at the zoo and just as I got to explaining what blockchain solves, an extremely localized dust storm around me filled my lungs instantly and I rapidly perished

I was at dinner at my parents and mentioned I'd taken out a second mortgage to buy the dip on ETH and suddenly my jaw dislocated and all I could do was scream and claw at my head, which unfortunately made it worse. I am now stuck in a skeletal primal scream, a hyperextended rictus that disgusts all who see me. I have to wear a beekeeping suit everywhere to keep out of jail

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CountryMatters posted:

Correct.
It's like a car filled with gas. After every drive you refill it completely with bio ethanol. It runs worse each time until at some point the engine just craps out because that's not real fuel.
:iiaca:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/bitcoin-miners-sell-their-holdings-amid-crypto-winters-chill-2022-06-27/

Seems like a perfect storm

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 29, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I started spitting knowledge about crypto investing to a girl at the coffee kiosk at the zoo and just as I got to explaining what blockchain solves, an extremely localized dust storm around me filled my lungs instantly and I rapidly perished

I was at dinner at my parents and mentioned I'd taken out a second mortgage to buy the dip on ETH and suddenly my jaw dislocated and all I could do was scream and claw at my head, which unfortunately made it worse. I am now stuck in a skeletal primal scream, a hyperextended rictus that disgusts all who see me. I have to wear a beekeeping suit everywhere to keep out of jail

Worst isekai ever

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Darth TNT posted:

Correct.
It's like a car filled with gas. After every drive you refill it completely with bio ethanol. It runs worse each time until at some point the engine just craps out because that's not real fuel.
:iiaca:

Well acccccctually there's cars that are perfectly fine running on ethanol or petrol and your own car can do it IF it has the injector overhead and ECU tune to do it, as well as the ethanol hardening required - and even run on a mixture if flex fuel sensors are involved, thence some cars are fully able to do that from the factory even. If your car is not set up to run ethanol, it just wont because mostly the ECU wont throw in enough ethanol for it to run and the cold start loop wont be set correctly so it likely wont even start. Ethanol is very much a real fuel for ICE and even desireable for allowing the engine to run more advanced timing and hence more power. More so for a forced induction motor

If you want it as a :iiaca:, it's more of a turbo engine using standard RON fuel rather than premium. The damage in that case does add up until a catastrophic failure

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 29, 2022

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Feelin slurpy today

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

CountryMatters posted:

They can keep going if there's a steady stream of sucker whales still entering the system. But I'd be very shocked if there's anyone left really. The Matt Damon ads perversely put an immense amount of mainstream focus on crypto at absolutely the wrong time. The contradictory true believers have probably been tapped and regular investors won't be keen to invest in something that makes them look stupid.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
How many times has this man doubled down

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1542120549320630273

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

gonna be an even microer strategy

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Beached Whale posted:

How many times has this man doubled down

great user name / post combo synergy here

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://youtu.be/OE-IQ0EXyvg

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I think the hope is to get big enough by the time the wheels fall off that they'll get a bailout. The old adage holds true: if you owe the bank a million dollars you don't have, you have a problem; but if you owe the bank ten billion dollars you don't have, they have a problem.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 29, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Holy sheeeit lol

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
https://twitter.com/nftwhalealert/status/1542125573916721152?s=21&t=3AfhMTFHVnQ0IBe-u_cOiw

I had no idea this was a thing, and quite frankly I wish I was still unaware.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Real Ape
Official Ape
New Ape
Provisional Ape
Continuity Ape

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

TVs Ian posted:

a rube like you doesn't realize that society is quickly approaching hypercryptodickbuttization

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

upsidedown posted:

Real Ape
Official Ape
New Ape
Provisional Ape
Continuity Ape

up the IRApe

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

SAY YOHO posted:

Gotta get that rare Starry Night background so you know it's art.

The Naruto headband really makes sure it is art.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Not sure if it was posted but looks like 3ac officially defaulted on 15 billion dollars. https://news.sky.com/story/crypto-hedge-fund-three-arrows-capital-plunges-into-liquidation-12642402

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Because buying and selling without a central authority turned out to be a really stupid idea. Who would have guessed?

Thundercracker posted:

They can keep going if there's a steady stream of sucker whales still entering the system. But I'd be very shocked if there's anyone left really. The Matt Damon ads perversely put an immense amount of mainstream focus on crypto at absolutely the wrong time. The contradictory true believers have probably been tapped and regular investors won't be keen to invest in something that makes them look stupid.

More importantly, it works as long as nobody cashes out. People holding on to crypto in the hope that it'll go back up means those exchanges can keep spinning the plates. And not allowing them to sell for real dollars is another way to prolong this.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 29, 2022

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Legitimate Ape

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

TVs Ian posted:

https://twitter.com/nftwhalealert/status/1542125573916721152?s=21&t=3AfhMTFHVnQ0IBe-u_cOiw

As much as I'm anti-litigious usually, I hope KC sues the poo poo out of them.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

CountryMatters posted:

I picture it like this: You're really tired, so you chug a Monster Peachy Keen Zero Sugar. That wakes you up a bit and you can go a bit further, but it can't replace sleep. It'll keep you from crashing, but eventually time makes fools of us all.

TVs Ian posted:

The amount of disrespect people who do this show KC Greene is just... obnoxious. Same with the This Is Fine comic stuff. Dude's super chill and awesome, and he deserves better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Matt Furie got it way worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Alan Smithee posted:

Matt Furie got it way worse

Yeah, that's fair. Pepe still infurates me any time I see it, through no fault of Mr. Furie.