Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Khablam posted:

Ferrari have made the best car OP, everyone is saying how much it owns.

i've been hearing this a lot lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
People have been eating probes in the worst thread for the Clare Williams jokes for donkey’s years and I for one find it amusing that Mick jr clearly belongs in WEC when Ferrari’s whole Sainz based holding pattern is designed around him.

Who Ferrari 2023/2024?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The problem for them is the next guy up was probably Shwartzman, but he's a little bit too Russian right now

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I've never compared any times but I wouldn't be surprised if modern cars are as fast as groub B were. But they're way safer, and I bet you could make them even faster if you took away weight by removing the modern safety stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking as safety has caught up some they're likely just as fast as back then. Not as nice to look at though

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Carlos and Max crashing into eachother

Red Bull complains that Leclerc celebrated too quickly while Max was in hospital for being Dutch

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I wasn't sure if I should post this or not, but it is bothering me so here it goes:

Last night, when I locked the thread - and I want to be clear about this - it was for the weird misogynistic comments about Kelly. There were some other bad posts around it, including casual xenophobic jokes, and it was just all headed in a very bad direction. I made a quick call to close the thread because I honestly was a little at a loss for what to do because I didn't want to come back to a thread full of weird sexism stuff. It makes me sad to see my words twisted when I tried to be clear that the thread was not locked for the horrible racism that happened against Lewis or defending the racist Piquet family. The thread was just going in an uncomfortable direction that would only get worse.

During that, someone decided to email me the following message from a burner account:

quote:

Subject: gently caress you oval office
"keep defending racists and you'll see what happens next"

So, that sucked. If you want to say that to me, please grow up and post on your main. :lmao:

Anyway, I come here to shitpost about F1 with friends. As an admin, I try not to use my buttons here unless it's an emergency or someone is seriously hurting the community in some way. I hope we can all just move on and discuss the terrible racism situation without making it weird - and get back to race weekend shitposting.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That was Juri Vips and he spelt "defunding" wrong

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thanks Ants posted:

lmao

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

hahaha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Thanks Ants posted:

lol

This thread isn't full of misogynists but I understand it might take some context to understand some of the jokes are coming from making fun of an era when F1 was way more openly lovely towards woman instead of the current secretly lovely

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Pragmatica posted:

During that, someone decided to email me the following message from a burner account:

So, that sucked. If you want to say that to me, please grow up and post on your main. :lmao:

Sorry to hear that happened, I can’t for the life of me see how your post was “defeunding racists”.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
5 or so years ago in this thread I called my ex-wife “he” like it was 1986 just in case, but thread didn’t get creepy when they took away the grid girls and were very much pro-not ogling freezing Russian lasses dressed in teabags so It’s alright by me. The Clare Williams thing was just terrible terrible puns.

Ferrari wouldn’t hire Danny Ric would they?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

learnincurve posted:

Ferrari wouldn’t hire Danny Ric would they?

I think they would have possibly hired a post-Red Bull Danny Ric, but almost certainly not a post-McLaren Danny Ric.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

Excellent

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I just took delivery of the rarest snake in Europe btw. Only one ever sold on morph market. captive bred. Leioheterodon modestus (blonde hognose), he’s not your pidelly little American type who come in at 12 inches, he’s going to be 4.5 ft. He gets a name when he eats his mousey.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

you should have seen this place 15 years ago, there is a reason this was always known as the worst thread.

Rhopunzel posted:

bring back el hefe, hell sort this place out

Bring back El Hefe, Brainwrong, Tony, and that insufferable fellow who was obsessed with Vettel.. Shogunner maybe?

And bring back Can-Am for open, anything goes motorsport goodness.

Tsaedje posted:

The problem for them is the next guy up was probably Shwartzman, but he's a little bit too Russian right now

I think he's Israeli now, thankfully for him he doesn't have a very Russian name.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what f1 team does the snake support

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what f1 team does the snake support

All my snakes support haas, especially Guenther.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think they would have possibly hired a post-Red Bull Danny Ric, but almost certainly not a post-McLaren Danny Ric.

Danny Ric is diversifying into TV production in anticipation of getting his walking papers

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Danny Ric is diversifying into TV production in anticipation of getting his walking papers

Shouldn’t have left RBR, although I’m sure the money helps him cope.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Nobody I report for expressing pro-Rosberg opinions ever gets banned (and I report *a lot* of people) and suddenly everyone's surprised that there are bad posters

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

All my snakes support haas, especially Guenther.

Hiis

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
BIKES!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I've never compared any times but I wouldn't be surprised if modern cars are as fast as groub B were. But they're way safer, and I bet you could make them even faster if you took away weight by removing the modern safety stuff.

modern cars are probably just as fast when it comes to lap time despite having like half the horsepower due to tire technology alone

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

stop stop he's already dead lost his seat

actually he hasnt. they just confirmed that he is still racing and F2 sent out a press release saying "Yeah, we wouldn't have done that"

https://twitter.com/Formula2/status/1542163614131445767?s=20&t=lhcb68f6YqulXdP-F4y1bw

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

refleks posted:

stop stop he's already dead lost his seat

actually he hasnt. they just confirmed that he is still racing and F2 sent out a press release saying "Yeah, we wouldn't have done that"

https://twitter.com/Formula2/status/1542163614131445767?s=20&t=lhcb68f6YqulXdP-F4y1bw

https://twitter.com/HitechGP/status/1542163214825394180

lol they're giving him a chance to redeem himself through actions or whatever. cowards.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao complete joke

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Mods, pls probe all of these anti-McLaren posters.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MustardFacial posted:

:hmmyes:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

:lando:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

practice can't come quickly enough.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Dream scenario: Albon accidentally takes out Max, Mercedes do a 'filming day' next week recreating it

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dexo posted:

The thread wasn't closed because of people criticizing the racist lmao, it was because people were doing weirdo gendered poo poo about Kelly, who is almost assuredly a piece of poo poo, and feel free to litigate her being one but like come on "max tinged pussy", and paddock bike and it was just getting real weird and uncomfortable for women posters in the thread.

Recognizing that no one probably meant anything malicious by those jokes so no probes, but was just spiraling in a real weird direction.

Anyway, lmao McLaren.

Jesus christ what the gently caress happened to this forum?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I know. McLaren might be underperforming, but calling them a laughing stock is a bit extreme.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Full Collapse posted:

I know. McLaren might be underperforming, but calling them a laughing stock is a bit extreme.

right?

1 Red Bull Racing RBPT 304
2 Ferrari 228
3 Mercedes 188
4 McLaren Mercedes 65
5 Alpine Renault 57
6 Alfa Romeo Ferrari 51
7 AlphaTauri RBPT 27
8 Aston Martin Aramco Mercedes 16
9 Haas Ferrari 15
10 Williams Mercedes 3

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/HitechGP/status/1542163214825394180

lol they're giving him a chance to redeem himself through actions or whatever. cowards.

Lmao an honest to god “we live in a society” moment

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe losing a job that people dream of doing for being a racist is part of the "learning from your mistake" process? I don't get this idea that it's not possible to learn from things if you also suffer real consequences.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
as punishment he should be forced to drive for a garbage team like McLaren Honda

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

:allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

as punishment he should be forced to drive for a garbage team like McLaren Honda

:mods: