Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd be surprised if they didn't go a bit Evangelion with having mass produced Monado cores or something along those lines, although looking at the side by side in the next tweet down he's almsot certainly Noah's brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wheres
More
xeamiibos!?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I do want a Mythra, Pyra, and Pneuma Amiibo for non-weeb reasons.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Strictly platonic

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He’s def the previous generation Noah clone.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

I do want a Mythra, Pyra, and Pneuma Amiibo for non-weeb reasons.

May as well go all in for the figures (that sell out seemingly instantly when they get another run).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Dignity posted:

I'd be surprised if they didn't go a bit Evangelion with having mass produced Monado cores or something along those lines, although looking at the side by side in the next tweet down he's almsot certainly Noah's brother

It seems pretty clear that all the soldiers are (stuff that can be directly inferred from the Direct trailer, but in spoiler tags just in case people want to avoid that stuff) artificially created (given the various appearances of the facility full of bodies in capsules, plus the "10 years to live" thing which doesn't really make sense given the characters are mostly 18, unless they pop out of the capsules as ~9 year olds), so it seems more likely that he's the original version of whoever's DNA was used to make Noah.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

fallen arm is a cool zone. and sword valley owns.

edit: and new battle music!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I decided to pick back up my old playthrough where I was going to try to do 100-ish percent (I might not do like every quest/unique monster or find every landmark/secret area but I'm probably gonna do as much as I can) and it's hard to remember how half the stuff in this game works optimally.

How important is weight? What's the best way to play Melia (I seem to remember that the difference between playing her vs letting the AI handle it is just absolutely massive compared to other characters)? Any just general tips I should remember or skills I should try to get?

I'm currently at the point where I can take a pod to Makna Forest on the way to Valak Mountain and figured now is a good time to do a ton of quests from the most recent city, especially to get affinity up between Melia and Sharla for the one quest that needs it in Colony 9.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

What's the best way to play Melia (I seem to remember that the difference between playing her vs letting the AI handle it is just absolutely massive compared to other characters)?
I wrote up a pretty comprehensive guide on Melia over
though if all you want is the quick notes, then: Melia can have two elements up and just cycle summoning and discharging in the third slot, which makes her much more effective, and the AI is terrible at this. You'll almost always want to open fights with Summon Bolt -> Summon Copy for the huge ether boost.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

theshim posted:

though if all you want is the quick notes, then: Melia can have two elements up and just cycle summoning and discharging in the third slot, which makes her much more effective, and the AI is terrible at this. You'll almost always want to open fights with Summon Bolt -> Summon Copy for the huge ether boost.

awesome thank you, and good to know my initial thought on learning summon copy of "oh I just use this to double up the +ether buff huh?" was spot on

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: The Xenoblade 2 gacha - it's bad folks. I'm sitting here with my 150 core crystals in NG+, looking forward to trying out at least one of the NG+ blades. I use them all after I get Morag in the party. I get one rare blade, and it is one of the two remaining non-NG+ blades I didn't have - Perun. On the upside, I got her on the right driver (Morag gets the Spears). Still absurd, though. I have no idea what possessed them to make the rates so unbelievably low. They should have at least added a pity for every 100 crystals or something.

theshim posted:

I never realized they could apparently stack like this. I'd generally combine a strength + ether boost, or one defensive boost depending on the enemy.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 28, 2022

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
You are pulling on a character stacked with as much Luck as you can give them right?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

At least you can skip the core crystal opening animation now. I pulled every Rare Blade before they patched that in lol

Edit: most of the patches were good but DON’T FORGET what they took from us

https://youtu.be/LNW93w8BLhc

https://youtu.be/rmnZ0R8quWM

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 28, 2022

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Ytlaya posted:

They should have at least added a pity for every 100 crystals or something.
there is a pity system, it just doesn't help for trying to get 100%

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
Have they announced anything new regarding preorders for the special edition of Xenoblade 3? :ohdear:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Every time someone mentions x3 I f5 that loving ce page

Still no

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

At least you can skip the core crystal opening animation now. I pulled every Rare Blade before they patched that in lol

Edit: most of the patches were good but DON’T FORGET what they took from us

https://youtu.be/LNW93w8BLhc

https://youtu.be/rmnZ0R8quWM

I am now just playing this game for the first time but I'm Roc, Always Have Been, Always Will Be seems to feel pretty close to this

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What makes the core crystal stuff even more annoying is having to manage the common blades. I toss out any 2* blade unless it has a good luck sub-stat, but for all the 3*s I check if they have anything useful and, if they don't, I check if they have a "do X damage in one hit" node or a "do 16 mercenary missions" node (since if they don't have either I can mindlessly throw them into the merc missions).

So I can't just blow through a zillion cores. I have to keep stopping and then going through all the planes and trashing the ones I can't use for anything.

OhFunny posted:

You are pulling on a character stacked with as much Luck as you can give them right?

Yeah (though that's not a lot right now, since it's NG+ and my guys are leveled down some; doing it with around ~700 luck). I would wait, but I'd like to actually have one of these things to use while playing through the NG+ story. It'll be kind of pointless if I don't get it until soon before I retire my playthrough.

Blaziken386 posted:

there is a pity system, it just doesn't help for trying to get 100%

Yeah I know, it's just to prevent the rare situation where a player literally gets nothing for most of their playthrough.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

XB1 and XBX had some lategame/postgame quests that sped up some of the affinity grinds. Could have done that in 2 with the rare blades. Once you finish the game there's no need gate them behind RNG. Playthroughs on fresh saves would still end up being a bit different if that was the goal.

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004
Dick Tasty for President 2020

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1542251595026632705

Hopefully it goes better this time.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

hopefully!! :shepspends:

also thank god i have tomorrow off, gently caress

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mea Tulpa posted:

XB1 and XBX had some lategame/postgame quests that sped up some of the affinity grinds. Could have done that in 2 with the rare blades. Once you finish the game there's no need gate them behind RNG. Playthroughs on fresh saves would still end up being a bit different if that was the goal.

In a way, it's kind of worse that they pretended to do this by letting you buy legendary cores in NG+ with *way* more XP than even remotely makes sense (since if you have access to the ability to quickly farm that much XP, you can also just quickly farm legendary cores).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When it says 6/30, does that mean midnight tonight in some time zone?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I have no Special Edition collection to complete. :smug:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I wish they would give an approximate time, I’ve been getting alerts for all of their Tweets for months and somehow missed the one announcing the special edition going on sale last time lol

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

When it says 6/30, does that mean midnight tonight in some time zone?

the fact they didnt mention when it goes up is slightly maddening to me. guess I'll just sit here and periodically hit the refresh button all day long!!! :suicide:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

High five

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why do companies do this? just tell us the time, create a queue, then randomize.

this isn't hard. jesus, loving nintendo and the internet just never, ever work.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It'll be funny if they didn't even change anything with the web service and are just crossing their fingers that it somehow works out this time (maybe that by not giving a time they can reduce load lol).

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Heads-up: Summer Games Done Quick is running currently, and thread favorite Enel is scheduled to speedrun Torna in about two hours (https://gamesdonequick.com)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/xenoblade-chronicles-3-special-edition-114559-3/

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

it begins

good luck, everyone

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

ok cool it shows it in my cart but wont do anything and autologged me out

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i add it to the cart and it loving logs me out of my account

god i loving hate you, nintendo

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

site's dyin', cloud

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao I'm pretty sure I'm correct about them not actually changing anything and just hoping that the load would be more manageable if they didn't specify a time

edit: I'm stuck on the store screen (after being in the queue for a bit) but the "Buy/Add to Cart" button just shows the three mario stars

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

im still trapped in waiting room purgatory

Ytlaya posted:

lmao I'm pretty sure I'm correct about them not actually changing anything and just hoping that the load would be more manageable if they didn't specify a time
nintendo!!!!!!!!!!! :argh:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i've added it to the cart and the (1) hovers over it, meaning something's there

but then you go to the cart and nothing's there and it says this:

While you were logging in, we found (1) items in your shopping cart. Don't worry, we brought them with you and merged them with your previously saved shopping cart.

goddamnit what the gently caress I HAD NO SAVED SHOPPING CART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I was in queue only for the wario missing product page to show up

yyyyyyyyyyyyeah!