Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Which wrestlers have really hit it off with female fans?

Growing up in Attitude Era I remember the girls all screaming whenever the Hardyz took off their shirts. I dunno if that's really a thing anymore for any male wrestlers, though. I think girls really liked Shawn in the 90s but that's about all I'm aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

Growing up in Attitude Era I remember the girls all screaming whenever the Hardyz took off their shirts. I dunno if that's really a thing anymore for any male wrestlers, though. I think girls really liked Shawn in the 90s but that's about all I'm aware of.

HOOK.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

darby allin

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wardlow wants to be that guy too

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've always heard vaguely that Randy Orton has a really large female fan base.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NikkolasKing posted:

Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka. If you've not seen 1980s All Japan Women crowds react to the Crush Gals you haven't seen female fans going nutty.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Personally, Miro, Tanahashi, Wardlow, Moxley, Keith Lee, if you mean 'who are the hot wrestlers that the gals like'.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

also naito

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

My fiancée isn’t a wrestling fan but has pointed out Hook and Yuta when she’s watched a show with me

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Shawn Michaels would get an insane pop from the ladies whenever somebody exposed his rear end.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Magnum TOKYO might be the best example of being incredibly popular with women.

When he had a stripper gimmick, during his entrance he'd always be bombarded with women stuffing bills into his trunks. Pretty sure he had a whole second income from doing that night after night.

And because I randomly just happened to come across this information today:

Benne posted:

Marty "The Moth" Martinez: Maybe semi-retired? He stepped away from wrestling for a while to deal with injuries and did just a couple of random indie shots since then. Worked some AEW Dark tapings last year but doesn't seem interested in signing.
He just wrestled on a Rocky Mountain Pro show on Friday, which is apparently on Fite.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I've always heard vaguely that Randy Orton has a really large female fan base.
Randy Orton is the only wrestler I have heard seemingly non-wrestling fan ladies randomly being up as being hot. But yeah the Hardyz and even Edge were always singled out as being sexy by the women I watched wrestling with in The Olden Times.

Pretty sure Scott Steiner is the antithesis of the kind of physique that attracts ladies, to preemptively address that question. He is surely right up there with Bastion Booger

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I have it on good authority that The Big Bad Booty Daddy had freaks in every town.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

NikkolasKing posted:

Like 80% of the New Japan roster

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Like 80% of the New Japan roster

and 100% of the Dragon Gate roster

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dragon Gate

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You answer stealing fraud!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

You answer stealing fraud!!

was it YAMATO who said that the Dragon Gate audience is 90% women and 10% those women's husbands/boyfriends

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Alaois posted:

was it YAMATO who said that the Dragon Gate audience is 90% women and 10% those women's husbands/boyfriends

I don't know about that but Naruki Doi recently said that he formed his own unit Gold Class in order to bring back DG's audience to 90% women, so it is a thing.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

not including war games, what was the legion of doom’s best match? someone asked the other day and I couldn’t come up with anything except that wrestlemania 13 street fight

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Zoggle posted:

not including war games, what was the legion of doom’s best match? someone asked the other day and I couldn’t come up with anything except that wrestlemania 13 street fight

Canadian Stampede.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Any match vs a jobber team in fact youtube highlights of them crushing jobbers is the best match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka. If you've not seen 1980s All Japan Women crowds react to the Crush Gals you haven't seen female fans going nutty.

It's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M24DjCptlP0

You'll never see a more excited crowd of young women

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

DDT run an event called BOYZ that only sells tickets to women and is as fanserviceiceas it gets.

In terms of individual wrestlers though, Finn Balor

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Suzuki-gun's reputation among Japanese fans is that they have a lot of women supporting them in comparison to the other NJPW factions.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stands to reason, Taichi's incredible voice sways more hearts than just Miho

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Suzuki-gun's reputation among Japanese fans is that they have a lot of women supporting them in comparison to the other NJPW factions.

Yeah when I had NJPW World I kept noticing the contingent of middle aged salarywomen flying the Suzuki-Gun banner.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Who is the worst wrestler to have a 4 star or higher singles match?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bartok posted:

Horace Hogan has a 5 star, so do the Bushwhackers

Q of my own: What ever happened to Chris Chetti?

Edit: I also just saw that it said singles.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 29, 2022

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bartok posted:

Lars Sullivan has a 5 star for the NXT NA title 5-way

Edit :just saw you said singles, I’m a dummy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Horace Hogan has a 5 star, so do the Bushwhackers

Q of my own: What ever happened to Chris Chetti?

Edit: I also just saw that it said singles.

Googled the guy, found his Twitter, scrolled down a bit...

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

bartok posted:

Dave gave the Shane/Angle Street Fight ****

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Dave gave the Shane/Angle Street Fight ****

It should actually be a 5* match because of that sicknasty suplex spot alone

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

bartok posted:

How hot a take is it if I say The Undertaker? Because going by Meltzer ratings, his is a name that stands out. Marty Janetty? Lex Luger? Jeff Jarrett? Ken Anderson/Kennedy? The Sandman maybe? Velveteen Dream? Danny Basham/Damaja? Natalya? Davey Boy Smith Jr? EC3? WING Kanemura? Braun Strowman? Nick Aldis? Penelope Ford? How good was early 2000s California indy guy Jardi Frantz? Because he has **** with AJ from 2001 which I haven't seen, I've only seen him 2 or 3 times when he appeared in the undercard of PWG shows & he was totally forgettable but for his name. Cagematch has over 2200 matches rated in the WON at 4 or over, those are the names that standout from the ones I've seen.

Apparently Kane has never had a ****+ singles match, so that's nice.

Oh, apparently I missed that Shane McMahon has not 1, not 2 but 3 matches at 4 or over, so maybe it's him. I still think Nick Aldis is a contender.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who the gently caress carried Nick Aldis to a 4 star match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Who the gently caress carried Nick Aldis to a 4 star match

Cody at All In

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody Rhodes GOAT confirmed I guess

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cody Rhodes GOAT confirmed I guess

I don't know, Kevin Owens carried Shane to a ****¼, Hikaru Shida got **** out of Penelope Ford, Cactus Jack getting **** out of Kanemura AND ****¼ out of Sandman is some miracle work too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Who is the best wrestler with the most 1 star matches