Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1541946870620102656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gross

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

:whitewater:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1541857575725064196?t=zmWUzq4alJ_4RkBPkVze9w&s=19

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

A take so bad it makes me wanna lay down and take a nap

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WrestleTalk need to be stopped

https://twitter.com/anjan_pn/status/1541901112118214656

bartok
May 10, 2006

The only legit good Disco match is the one he had against Dean Malenko at Bash at the Beach '96 even then I'd say it's 3 stars at best.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hey, some of us are still waiting for a proper Real Americans blowoff match that doesn't have RVD in it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Seth Rollins is probably the last person who held the title and received a decent push during and afterwards. Same could be said about Randy Orton in 2003 or 2004. Otherwise, it's been a pointless title for a long long time.

Yeah I was struggling to think of anyone that was genuinely better off for winning the IC title and Orton was about all I could think of.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hager/Claudio is a dream match, in that if I eat an entire pizza before bed, I might have a weird dream where they're helping my high school math teacher build a treehouse inside a Blockbuster Video while my grandmother stares at them disapprovingly from a bathtub.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndyNemmity/status/1541945872040095744?t=2EGnPKrS5OIslEQPS65czg&s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WWE hasn't done that in ages, they rely on SRS to drop that info now.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
WWE wrestlers get released by mass text and sometimes find out about it online. Absolutely insane to make that comparison after the events of the last few years.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wonder who the first wrestler to even be released by AEW for business reasons will be. it's just contracts running out or somebody being a fucker so far

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Letting contracts expire and people put out their own statements before the news breaks is much worse than SRS making a "releases coming" tweet out of nowhere before dropping 20 names with radio silence from WWE and absolute bewilderment from the people fired. It's really just like the injuries thing with people mad that they aren't being accommodated in the situation. Do you want AEW to make a statement for the benefit of the wrestler or for you to feel like everything is alright?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Letting contracts expire and people put out their own statements before the news breaks is much worse than SRS making a "releases coming" tweet out of nowhere before dropping 20 names with radio silence from WWE and absolute bewilderment from the people fired. It's really just like the injuries thing with people mad that they aren't being accommodated in the situation. Do you want AEW to make a statement for the benefit of the wrestler or for you to feel like everything is alright?

It's almost like they're bad faith tweets and no matter what AEW does it'll be wrong

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I don't think that person is bad faith, just kind of dumb.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all faith is bad.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

We're close enough to the last time WWE did a mass release of contracted talent that the people they released still have 30 days of their no compete left.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/HighFlyLo/status/1517527358793818112?s=20&t=OHDNXIfIAi0urCbeqmOQAg

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Post more people freaked out by hugging because that was funny

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

Post more people freaked out by hugging because that was funny

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/1541567505243656194?t=-K7QoHcX1LhDxoM0rz_jPQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/CatManCaleb816/status/1541921804796706821?t=XTSzzkAhAwlyWbEhATXdSQ&s=19

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

i'm gonna put my nuts on the table moment

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

all faith is bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Unpaid__Critic/status/1541805097222606848

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1541934799107100673

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

More like 'Battle of The Budge!'

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

much more dangerous than that. they're going off to be on an AEW show! God speed to them all

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fsmhunk posted:

More like 'Battle of The Budge!'

I ain't afraid of no Budge!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Fun show that fans enjoyed" has thoroughly broken these people's brains

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That second clip was agonizing because man they just weren’t saying ANYTHING. It’s the ultimate in podcasts that are just people rambling, like “well it appeals to a smaller portion of the audience but maybe not because of the internet but also…”

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It should be noted that Bill Simmons, the Ringers founder, is in bed with WWE business-wise so I wouldn’t take their views seriously

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

It should be noted that Bill Simmons, the Ringers founder, is in bed with WWE business-wise so I wouldn’t take their views seriously

Yeah this is the reason also that Dan Ryckert got let go, they're leveraging the ringer/spotifys infastructure to do WWE pods so he wasn't super necessary.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LionYeti posted:

Yeah this is the reason also that Dan Ryckert got let go, they're leveraging the ringer/spotifys infastructure to do WWE pods so he wasn't super necessary.

Sounded like Ryckert quit because he hated working there, not that he was let go

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
#business

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Why is the concept of leaving a job you don't like so alien to these people

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounded like Ryckert quit because he hated working there, not that he was let go

Of course he hated it, he likes wrestling

No better way to kill a love for wrestling than to work for vince

Cant fault the guy, he said specifically that he got the chance to live his dream and work for wwe, it wasnt for him, but he got to do it

Dude lives a weeeeeirdly charmed life

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dangerous Person posted:

Why is the concept of leaving a job you don't like so alien to these people

I have a feeling these are the people who get manager jobs at Target and get really into the part of new employee orientation where they describe working there as being a "family".

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's why they act like anyone who leaves WWE is dead or retired. Once you leave THE FAMILY you're dead to the world or secretly miserable in your new company because every day you just want to be back HOME with your BROTHERS and your Dad Triple H and your other dad Vince.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if ryckert would have hung on a little longer i still think he would have been appointed interim chairman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Let me get them Blood and Guts takes. I need them.