Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mainwaring posted:

So does this person think YoshiP and Naoki Yoshida are different people?

Yoship is a lalafell pink parsing god

Naoki Yoshida is a monster who is ruining my game, straight up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Firebert posted:

Yoship is a lalafell pink parsing god

Naoki Yoshida is a monster who is ruining my game, straight up

Dr. Yoship and Mr. Yoshida

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tamba posted:

That was also written around Stormblood, when aggro management still was a thing even without intentionally crippling yourself.

I remember those days, you needed to carefully handle your aggro stance (and for DRK DPS stance) so you could keep lead while not hamstringing your DPS.

Not like now where you just activate Tank stance and you're good to go.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I think my favorite blog post of theirs is the one against level/story skip potions. Some arguments are just eternal.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've given up on speaking out against skip potions, originally I didn't like them because you skipped so much content. But now you can replay, or play for the first time, almost all of it with new game plus and the cutscene journal I don't have issues with it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kwyndig posted:

I remember those days, you needed to carefully handle your aggro stance (and for DRK DPS stance) so you could keep lead while not hamstringing your DPS.

Not like now where you just activate Tank stance and you're good to go.

I miss deliverance stance every day

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

The second resistance weapon "one-time grind," the one where you need 30 each of 6 items; what's the best way to do this. is it just a choice of whether i want to waste a bunch of time in raids or in zadnor?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Valentin posted:

The second resistance weapon "one-time grind," the one where you need 30 each of 6 items; what's the best way to do this. is it just a choice of whether i want to waste a bunch of time in raids or in zadnor?

Pretty much. Zadnor and then finishing up in raids is how I did it. FATE spawning can be spotty because the second zone doesn't have a ton of people grinding in it and the location of CE spawning is pretty RNG.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Warmachine posted:

Dr. Yoship and Mr. Yoshida

Within every man there is two wolves

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Selane posted:

Alphinaud's mom has reached her final form

I've got 30 Big Dave's Beads sitting around. I think I know what five of the custom delivery people are gonna have happen to them

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Finally capped out BLM which I came to hate, and now I'm levelling BRD, it's a breath of fresh air. I can move during fights again! I actually get to kill things during trash pulls because I don't need to gamble my cast being finished before the target dies!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mainwaring posted:

So does this person think YoshiP and Naoki Yoshida are different people?

Oh gosh this is amazing. This just makes his posts an extra special bit of derranged.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The first custom delivery title is so good

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New items on the shop.

The hat doesn't appear for Viera and Hrothgar, of course.

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jun 30, 2022

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I don't think they've ever charged $22 for a glam set like that before. Maybe because it has 6 pieces this time? 2 tops and 2 pants styles.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

And the fact they work for both genders equally

still bummed bout the hat :sigh: cmon, square

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I am going to spend a lot of money today. I LOVE that new outfit

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
I once more lament and/or express relief that because my glamour chest is so drat full I can't entirely justify buying the new store outfit. I want it, but where am I going to put it? Yoshi-P, please hurry and give me more space! Don't you want my money?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

I don't think they've ever charged $22 for a glam set like that before. Maybe because it has 6 pieces this time? 2 tops and 2 pants styles.

Just the one pants style. The set is a hat, gloves, pants, shoes, two different tops.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Khizan posted:

Just the one pants style. The set is a hat, gloves, pants, shoes, two different tops.

Oh, right. I guess I misread one of the items as a second pair of pants.

Oh I bet it's cause one of the tops hides the drawstrings on the pants, it made me think it was a different pair side by side like that.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

FeatherFloat posted:

I once more lament and/or express relief that because my glamour chest is so drat full I can't entirely justify buying the new store outfit. I want it, but where am I going to put it? Yoshi-P, please hurry and give me more space! Don't you want my money?
Remember, we're getting double the dresser space (at least) in 6.2. Unless the live letter tomorrow rescinds that, of course.

So yeah, give it another month and a half.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My Horth and Viera mod I use had the hat available for them as soon as it was datamined so once again: lol and lmao.

Like the only reason that there’s no new release hats for them is the lack of hat chops for the hair. Come on guys.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Yapping Eevee posted:

Remember, we're getting double the dresser space (at least) in 6.2.

Holy poo poo that's huge.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's going to instantly clear up like 50 inventory slots across my retainers and personal bag
It's gonna feel super weird not having to sell fish between ocean boat zones

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm almost as excited for 6.2 as I was for Endwalker because of the expanded dresser.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

God yes. It's doubling in size right? I'm stoked, been having to remove things lately to add more.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I have so much poo poo just eating space in my inventory and a retainer's inventory, waiting on patch 6.2. I'll easily be putting like 200 items in the dresser on patch day.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I started fishing and at this rate I'm going to have to get a third retainer

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The quest for 100% conical hat glams continues. Thank goodness I don't have to play the Firmament lottery. The coffer is just on the marketboard.

YggiDee posted:

I started fishing and at this rate I'm going to have to get a third retainer

I paid 5 bucks for the extra retainer and double chocobo saddlebag space. It's great but now I'm stuck with it b/c there's no going back.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I paid for two months for the double saddlebag space while I was leveling crafters. It was hard to purge, but I got down to just one bag and was able to turn the extra bag off.

I might need another retainer soon though. :negative:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah every now and then I eyeball another retainer then mentally slap myself and think "No! No hoarding!"
It'd be real nice if Eureka relic tokens were key items or something, they account for a decent chunk all on their own

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hazardousmouse posted:

yeah every now and then I eyeball another retainer then mentally slap myself and think "No! No hoarding!"
It'd be real nice if Eureka relic tokens were key items or something, they account for a decent chunk all on their own

This would be really nice, considering it's literally impossible right now to fill up your key item inventory or even come close. Hopefully it's not the sort of suggestion that would give their database guys a heart attack if they were to hear it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder if a player has ever made a serious effort at filling the key items inventory. I guess it would be strange if someone hasn't tried to.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You'd have to explicitly seek out 30 sidequests that each have as many key items as possible on top of catbook / Ulan's note / one of every hunt bill. A few quests have three or more key items, but not very many and definitely not 30 in total.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least the crystal tower "weekly" and the original ex primal quest is 6 already :v:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Huh, got dced which happens, but 245 player queue? Guessing this was not on my end, nor on SEs end as that is a lot, but nowhere near a full server load o.o

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If you get DC'd into an unusually large queue that almost always means there was some sort of issue with the world or data center.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Everyone in the dungeon also was kicked, but only 3 of us came back so far

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah Crystal just got hit I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020