Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Someone literally quoted me and posted an “it stinks” gif after I made it clear I wasn’t enjoying the “ribbing.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shiroc posted:

Its happened to me multiple times now. People don't really do it to anyone else. There is no point in mocking something that a person was happy about when you can just ignore it. It just diminishes the joy in it.

Shiroc posted:

Someone literally quoted me and posted an “it stinks” gif after I made it clear I wasn’t enjoying the “ribbing.”
holy moly it was about as tame "mockery" as it's possible for SA to have, get over it

CelticPredator posted:

I’m not being specific. It’s happened to me. I’ll post a cool figure and someone will say “lol the likeness sucks”

It IS frustrating and does jab you when you’re excited about something. We’re trying to be overall better people, being thick skinned and all that poo poo is just stuff from a bygone era.
nah, learn to take some hits, or roll with the punches like you do whenever anyone criticizes your taste in movies

anyways, during a clearance sale online, I decided to pick up some of the newer Iguanas core class transformers for like 6 bucks a pop. so now I've got iguanas riding iguanas.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Perhaps we could simply not mock the things people enjoy and spent their money on

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Captain Invictus posted:

anyways, during a clearance sale online, I decided to pick up some of the newer Iguanas core class transformers for like 6 bucks a pop. so now I've got iguanas riding iguanas.

This is poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s def a crap toy from someone who is addicted to undertale fan art

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I though goons were supposed to have meltdowns in May, not June, tsk.

Those stands are pretty normal though, that cool TOA android lady I got earlier in the year came with something similar, complete with a magnet on the bottom.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Haslab HISS tank is 4/5ths funded already

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

With the lightsaber at only 25%.

I've long considered Star Wars fans some of the most capitve so to speak. Like they have collectors Stockholm syndrome. After these Haslab bombs I'm going to have to rethink that stance.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

With the lightsaber at only 25%.

I've long considered Star Wars fans some of the most capitve so to speak. Like they have collectors Stockholm syndrome. After these Haslab bombs I'm going to have to rethink that stance.

A huge part of it really just might be whose Saber it is.

The most I've heard positive about Reva, from the outskirts, are people being glad that she apparently eats poo poo. They really banked on her being THE break out character of ObiWan and it...doesn't seem like that happened.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Yeah nerds love to fill their houses with fascist iconography unless its associated with women they deem unfuckable.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That’s probably part of it, but I also think it’s partly the selection of projects they’ve done for Star Wars. No one was really calling for a Black Series Rancor or an Inquisitor Lightsaber, and the price point doesn’t help. I can think of half a dozen mid-range $200ish projects they could do instead that people have been talking about for years that would absolutely secure funding in a week or so.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shiroc posted:

Yeah nerds love to fill their houses with fascist iconography unless its associated with women they deem unfuckable.

Does somebody here have their houses filled with fascist action figure iconography, beyond the folks here who collect GI Joes?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Rancor was one shot in the foot after another. They absolutely could have made the Rancor sell out in a week tops but they just did the dumbest loving poo poo in the world with that whole thing.

Also I will note, I know nothing much about Reva beyond background static, but it's not just the Usual Gross Suspects who aren't enthused with her. I've not heard *anything* positive about her even from groups I'd otherwise consider sane.

It's such a weird call when you *have* the Grand Inquisitor right there, who is a fan favorite going back years.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I heard some criticism that Reva didn’t really become an interesting character until the last couple episodes when they explained her history and motivations; she was a pretty one-note bad guy up until that moment, and I think that’s fair. I think once more people finish the series they will have more respect for her. I mean unless they’re just shitheads and/or just don’t like the show. But I’m not surprised the lightsaber isn’t a huge hit.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It should’ve just been the “Inquisitor’s Saber” instead of attaching someone specific. They all look exactly the same to me, but then again I’m not a turbo nerd who pays attention to the smallest detail.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If only there was a way to keep everyone’s emotions grounded.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Too lazy to post a pic, but Amazon finally shipped that TVC Book of Boba Fett… Boba Fett and it looks great. The Temuera Morrison likeness is fantastic considering the scale.

Still not sure it was worth double the normal TVC price though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Does somebody here have their houses filled with fascist action figure iconography, beyond the folks here who collect GI Joes?

Gregday has a whole rear end Batman suit

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I heard some criticism that Reva didn’t really become an interesting character until the last couple episodes when they explained her history and motivations; she was a pretty one-note bad guy up until that moment, and I think that’s fair. I think once more people finish the series they will have more respect for her. I mean unless they’re just shitheads and/or just don’t like the show. But I’m not surprised the lightsaber isn’t a huge hit.

I actually liked Reva. She's brash, and headstrong, and a bit reckless. She's not stoic like other Dark Side bad guys(though there's a solid chance I'm forgetting someone from the various cartoons.) First few episode she just kind of acts out of character for a main Star Wars villain, with some not great dialogue.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Perhaps we could simply not mock the things people enjoy and spent their money on

:hmmyes:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Speaking of fascism toys, I’ve never understood the people who collect figures of real-world soldiers/military. I love a good Stormtrooper from Star Wars, but no way in hell wold I have a similar figure of a real life SS Officer. I have a kick rear end Red Skull, but uh uh no way would I buy a Hitler.

Fake fascist character = cool. Real fascist = bogus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Mean Jerk posted:

impossible

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm going to buy a stupid tank, aren't I?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Well it’s completely backed now. Less than a day. I hope they have some neat stretch goals.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Speaking of fascism toys, I’ve never understood the people who collect figures of real-world soldiers/military. I love a good Stormtrooper from Star Wars, but no way in hell wold I have a similar figure of a real life SS Officer. I have a kick rear end Red Skull, but uh uh no way would I buy a Hitler.

Fake fascist character = cool. Real fascist = bogus.

Yeah. I've got some Darth Vader stuff, but I don't even really want Red Skull.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I mean I'm gonna buy 3 and probably sell at least one for markup because capitalism is a gently caress, but dammit I wanna get paid.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I dunno anything about this guy but he looks like he's so loving jazzed for his new jetski :3:

I HATED Reva as a character. The actress was loving amazing when they let her have actual lines instead of regular villain patter. I was happy she got a somewhat good ending, but holy loving poo poo I hated that bitch. That actress is awesome and I hope they get her to play the sister in the next black panther film. Rumor has it the other lady is some anti vax weirdo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

but holy loving poo poo I hated that bitch

Hey can we not

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Jesus Christ, this thread really went to poo poo today, huh?

Reva was a great character, the actress ruled and the saber hasn’t funded because holy poo poo it’s $500 for a saber for a brand new character people haven’t even had two months to grow attached to. She also throws it away at the end, so it’s likely to never appear again.

The Razorcrest makes more sense as a Haslab regardless, but it had an entire season and a half to get people to like it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Yeah. I've got some Darth Vader stuff, but I don't even really want Red Skull.

Totally understandable. I'm a huge Cap fan and a Cap display isn't complete without his nemesis.

Couldn't a lot popular villans (from the poo poo we buy) be called fascist in some way or another? I try to make a point to not let real world BS creep into my fun stuff. What's Optimus without Megatron? GI Joe needs Cobra Commander. Vader is a must in a Star Wars collection. How many X-Men villains could be called fascist? Collecting would be a lot less fun for me without the villains.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Totally understandable. I'm a huge Cap fan and a Cap display isn't complete without his nemesis.

Couldn't a lot popular villans (from the poo poo we buy) be called fascist in some way or another? I try to make a point to not let real world BS creep into my fun stuff. What's Optimus without Megatron? GI Joe needs Cobra Commander. Vader is a must in a Star Wars collection. How many X-Men villains could be called fascist? Collecting would be a lot less fun for me without the villains.

And that's absolutely fine. I just don't want a Nazi toy on my shelf, simple as that. Wouldn't mind a Prime and Megatron, though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I can understand it if you are a historical collector, but in general? Nope. I wanted to find a sixth scale nazi flag to wrap the scaled spear of Longinus in for the movie version of Constantine I have, but I couldn't find a match anywhere. Closest match was on a website that I'm pretty sure if I ordered from it I'd be on a list somewhere. They seemed a BIT too into the Nazi stuff.

Glorifying villains is one thing for fiction. Everyone loves Loki. Glorifying terrorists or nazis from real life? Completely different story and a very big warning sign.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I don’t think I’d buy a Skull fig of it had an actual swastika on it. I can remain in fantasy land with the hydra logo.

I don’t like seeing it in my fun fiction, when Frank Miller gave that one character swastika boobs, that was way too much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I dunno anything about this guy but he looks like he's so loving jazzed for his new jetski :3:
he's a robot iguana who turns into a motorcycle who can ride himself

literally my only complaint is that his weapon loving sucks because it's designed to combine with the weapons of the other two core class figures he released alongside to form a big ol' sword, the sword is cool but I ain't buying the other two just for it

for a ten dollar figure the size of a pack of cigarettes, he's fantastic and has a fun transformation to boot, highly recommend

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nanigans posted:

Reva was a great character, the actress ruled and the saber hasn’t funded because holy poo poo it’s $500 for a saber for a brand new character people haven’t even had two months to grow attached to. She also throws it away at the end, so it’s likely to never appear again.
It's not really though. Many (all?) the Inquisitors carry the same sabers, and they've been around for nearly a decade in cartoons, comics, and video games.

E: I guess they do differ some. Second Sister's is cool

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 30, 2022

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

Well it’s completely backed now. Less than a day. I hope they have some neat stretch goals.

Now I can wait to see what stretch goals they have in mind.

Like, I love the HISS tank, but I also really don't need to spend 450ish CAD on it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1542327689767522305?s=21&t=Cs19_7CDNciP6ByXXa5yqQ

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1542332430736134145?s=21&t=Cs19_7CDNciP6ByXXa5yqQ

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There is one Hitler/swastika bearer that I would welcome into a collection with a caveat

The caveat is that he must be Rider Kicked or Rider Punched while on the shelf.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Even that cartoonish Hitler figure I’ve seen posted skeeves me out. Sure it’s a ridiculous caricature with exaggerated expressions but there’s still something unsavory about owning a tiny version of an actual Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
THE actual nazi