Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

if you read the mod comments and think the bicycle joke was the thing that got the thread closed please get your head examined. jfc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It was explained a couple of times that it was DD, first time since pragmatica started posting in here did anything like that get said and it came out of nowhere. This thread isn’t the worst for that stuff, in fact the self restraint thread shows when calling Geri Horner “Gobby Spice” is quite sweet really.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

as punishment he should be forced to drive for a garbage team like McLaren Honda
He is staying in F2, yes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe losing a job that people dream of doing for being a racist is part of the "learning from your mistake" process? I don't get this idea that it's not possible to learn from things if you also suffer real consequences.

Lmao if you think people in this sort of position suffer real consequences for poo poo like racism, just lmao

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Please tell me you are quoting Mr. Tom Segura

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
kelly piquet

remember when some mod came here and told us to stop making fun of saint michael schumacher and we all told him to gently caress off? that was fun. anyways bring back grid girls and unlimited testing at fiorano

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 29, 2022

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pragmatica posted:

During that, someone decided to email me the following message from a burner account:
As a Thread Elder I’d like to announce that I totally support the mods closing the thread for an evening because that was some creepy poo poo going on. That was not the same as shitposting, there is a difference. And yes it’s obvious who of the small group of people posting misogynist poo poo about Kelly probably sent that message, and so please go away, you’re not welcome here or liked here.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think when your "bold" anti racism stance starts with gently caress you oval office you maybe are missing the bigger picture lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually think things like racial slurs, discrimination, and structural racism in institutions are extremely cool. Sexism is very bad though

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Welcome to Red Bull Racing

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

the only paddock bicycle I want to hear about is whatever seb is riding!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
You know who would never do a misogyny?

Zak Brown

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

the only paddock bicycle I want to hear about is whatever seb is riding!

will he have handlebars this weekend??

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

italian quid posted:

I think when your "bold" anti racism stance starts with gently caress you oval office you maybe are missing the bigger picture lol

Translation error from Australian obvi

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a Thread Elder I’d like to announce that I totally support the mods closing the thread for an evening because that was some creepy poo poo going on. That was not the same as shitposting, there is a difference. And yes it’s obvious who of the small group of people posting misogynist poo poo about Kelly probably sent that message, and so please go away, you’re not welcome here or liked here.

Agree op. Hell if Verstappen wins the WDC this year just close the thread for good as F1 won't come back from the dead anyway.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Nelson Piquet is an rear end in a top hat... not like there was a track record or anything... am I late on this?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

poty posted:

Agree op. Hell if Verstappen wins the WDC this year just close the thread for good as F1 won't come back from the dead anyway.

Currently working on getting RBR classified as a hate organization so we can ban anyone who supports them.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

poty posted:

so you're relying on ferrari figuring out how to formula 1?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

fyallm posted:

Please tell me you are quoting Mr. Tom Segura

Hell yeah bud

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dexo posted:

Currently working on getting RBR classified as a hate organization so we can ban anyone who supports them.

just finished classifying ferrari as a fail organization and also it’s been renamed failrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Scudiarrhea Failrari

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

djssniper posted:

Nelson Piquet is an rear end in a top hat... not like there was a track record or anything... am I late on this?

I mean the guy compared himself favorably to Senna because he is still alive. Such a class act.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Scudiarrhea Failrari

reported for hate crime

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Scudiarrhea Failrari

We're going to need a fan car for this stink!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a thread elder myself, I do not support censorship of the masses to control the behaviour of a few. However mass probes and bans not only would have been more effeciant in this case but also would have ensued much hilarity thus avoiding any kind of discontent.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Just keep this closed until FP1 and close again after the race is over each race weekend.
The rest of the discussion here is about appliances anyways, very alpha male poo poo that I can only handle so much of since my favourite livery is/was the pink Mercedes.
Also Stroll sucks.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ja_raul posted:

Just keep this closed until FP1 and close again after the race is over each race weekend.
The rest of the discussion here is about appliances anyways, very alpha male poo poo that I can only handle so much of since my favourite livery is/was the pink Mercedes.
Also Stroll sucks.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Gotta feel for Tom Clarkson, who’s going to have to run a press conference with max that’s either a charade or an awkward shitshow.

I will give F1 a ton of credit if they put Max and Lewis on the same panel.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Zedd posted:

I mean the guy compared himself favorably to Senna because he is still alive. Such a class act.

With the amount of hate the thread has for Senna this might be viewed as one of his redeeming comments around here.

I love that they named the library at Piquets high school after Senna based on a poll among the students.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"piquet you're a famous racist, can you give us a quick slur?"

just catching up on the thread, and let me say, :lmao:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ja_raul posted:

who hurt you friend?

ja_raul posted:

Also Stroll sucks.
:hmmyes:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This thread is loving awful and as a relatively new F1 fan, frankly offputting.

There's nowhere else I'd rather post about F1 on the internet and it is absolutely the thread this "sport" deserves.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Harsh but fair

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Just saw him live last month, so great

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mode 7 posted:

This thread is loving awful and as a relatively new F1 fan, frankly offputting.

There's nowhere else I'd rather post about F1 on the internet and it is absolutely the thread this "sport" deserves.

this guy gets it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the old op got so mad he stopped watching f1

a role model for us all

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Big if real

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Respect, lmao.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Cimber posted:

Big if real

drat - lotta F1 personnel gonna lose their jobs. Tire warmer guys gonna be out there on the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

ethanol posted:

the old op got so mad he stopped watching f1

a role model for us all

He was constantly threatening to close the thread but it looks like the thread closed him.