Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Chaos dwarves when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeesh, yeah and look at places like The Empire that only get 2 LLs but there's, what, uh, 42 settlements for non-Sylvania Empire (on ME's map; I haven't counted on the IE map).

Eh, the Empire's not... quite that bad. I forgot about the Beastmen, plus there's Drycha right in the middle. The Empire also has a lot of LL's on the periphery. Cathay will probably be the bigger void to start with.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I thought malagor started in the marshes of madness? He always had a herd stone in there every time i spotted him. The recruit defeated LL's mod is gonna be very important with all these LL's running around haha same with the trait organizer mod.

One way to fix the demons is to make them either completely passive so they just sit in their home province until there's an event and they invade late game or just spawn them late game. It'd be kinda dumb to be fighting big scary demons in early game, make them a mid/late game crisis. Skarbrand slaughtering endless TK armies late game spawning blood hosts to create this hell hole in the desert would be hilarious to stumble across.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

orangelex44 posted:

It's funny how quickly this map shrinks down once you actually start trying to place everyone down. Sure, there's 550+ settlements but with 86 LLs that only leaves ~6 settlements per lord... which is between 2-2.5 provinces.. And that's without adjusting for how many of those are locked-in as empty (e.g. barren Chaos wasteland, the Dogs of War areas, most of Cathay, most of the Empire). We're not just talking about the Lustrian thunderdome, or the Southlands thunderdome... almost everywhere is going to be that congested.

Good, the absolute most boring campaigns in the game were ones like Kroq'gar who sits by himself in a corner or Malekith who could take over a giant corner before seeing anyone besides his mother.

Good campaigns have a lot of early enemy variety and plenty of options of directions to expand into for replayability, just having the entire world map and being able to sail from one end to the other is huge for replayability and no more safe corners.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcIXJH07K8

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arghy posted:

I thought malagor started in the marshes of madness? He always had a herd stone in there every time i spotted him. The recruit defeated LL's mod is gonna be very important with all these LL's running around haha same with the trait organizer mod.

In ME he does start in the Marshes of Madness, but the Beastmen are the easiest faction in the game to move around as needed. He could very easily be placed anywhere else to make room for someone else.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Chaos dwarves when

3.0. So Q4 or Q1 next year.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Mixu continues to be one of the best modders around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax4UeDxHOSA

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2825728189

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 30, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don't get why Vlad is the one who "belongs" in Sylvania when he's the dead one successfully couped by Mannfred, the winner and ruler who stayed alive the whole time

Also bald starscream is way more fun than "best in every way guy"

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Won't VC be way better anyways with the supply lines change in WH3? Get free skellies tech, make lots of skelly stacks. Drown the world in bones.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I'm pretty excited for Oxyotl now that there are actual chaos empires on the map. With a bit of tweaking to his missions to focus on them primarily, he could be a great check to them. The idea of zipping around kneecapping those factions like lizard special forces is quite delicious :allears: Makes me wonder if that was kind of the plan for him from the start, which is why it feels like he's lacking a strong focus in WH2.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 30, 2022

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't get why Vlad is the one who "belongs" in Sylvania when he's the dead one successfully couped by Mannfred, the winner and ruler who stayed alive the whole time

Well well well looks like we’ve found Manny’s sock puppet account.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He's apparently not the best at having a nose.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Gonkish posted:

Wulfrik was datamined to be somewhere near Ulthuan, and, considering that was correct about N'kari, I'm gonna guess he'll be somewhere around Skeggi or something. Throgg will probably be somewhere in Norsca proper to give the Empire and Kislev something Chaotic to deal with early on.

Don't believe everything you datamine
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1542466551235870721

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

i see wulfrik wandered himself slightly to the left

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Mind you, Wulfrik moving so that he isn't in a straight line that you can cross in one turn across the sea from hostiles is probably really good for giving him breathing room.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

thats boring!

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

This was pretty good. Jones is something else.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

IS there a mod to give Mannfred back his widow's peak and hollywood cape?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Throgg moved a bit further north too, right? It’s been a while since I played up there.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I confess that I don't really see the point of having both Norsca LLs in roughly the same part of a titanic map. IE is so huge that every faction should have at least two notably separated starts for variety.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Welp, lizardmen confirmed to be far better at Wandering

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxOIXvuiGI
patch notes

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

At the very least put one in antarctica. Souscans.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Muscle Tracer posted:

At the very least put one in antarctica. Souscans.

"The Wanderer" is a joke title

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Lots of good changes in here, including some great ones for campaign. Tzeentch's realm is more lenient with your movement points and AI will take longer to traverse it. Beating Belakor now ends the final battle almost instantly, rather than forcing you to take on like 10 minutes worth of demon waves after that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There’s a change to techs that previously gave Greater Daemons lore passives. They now give them more charges of bound spells. Did bound spells trigger lore passives before?

A big across-the-board nerf to chaos cultists is that they now have to fight to recharge their summons.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I hope IE has an option to revert back to WH2 UI.

I seem to recall there us a mod for this?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is my bug prediction

You will have your LL sitting in a town when someone else completes their souls. The pop up will appear saying do you want to teleport now y/n. Except the yes will be grayed out since you can't teleport while in a town and the no won't actually work.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

A big across-the-board nerf to chaos cultists is that they now have to fight to recharge their summons.

WRONG!

Khorne: melee combat 60/120 seconds.
Nurgle: less than 75%/50% health 30/60 seconds
Slaan: winning in melee 15/30 seconds
Tzeentch: Winds of Magic reserves > 15 60/120 seconds

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 30, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Cultists are good fighters anyway and the one summon makes them incredible value for cost even if you don't go for recharges. You can definitely fire and forget them into t1-2 infantry or backline solo or have them join any other unit getting a good match up. They're fast enough to tag along with or serve as cavalry too.

Was probably due for adjustment for multiplayer especially with the resummon cheese.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The other part of their nerf was that the spells start with max CD so you have to fight with khrone cultists for a full minute before they can summon and that is ok.

The nurgle one is just funny.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

New bug prediction

The nurgle cultist summon spell requirements will be based on starting HP not max hp or forget to take any HP buffs into account.

Also gonna go nuke my cultists at the start of battle so they can summon.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
That's pretty big, there must be a lot more passive cultist play than anything else. It'll be tricky to be suicidal but not too suicidal as Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh are mostly autopilot, Tzeentch is a curious case of possible self balancing. On the one hand 15 reserves for two minutes isn't a big ask... or is it, on the faction where you want to be blowing up poo poo with magic constantly?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Did you roll poorly on winds of magic, are you starved at the start? No tzeench summons for you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Tzeentch summons weren't really a huge issue compared to Khorne/Nurgle. Mostly because they summon a ranged unit instead of a melee blender so you couldn't really shut down people's back lines with it in the same way.

Khorne and Nurgle summoning a tough melee unit that does a lot of damage was the big issue. Especially since basically every other summon in the game summons low tier trash stuff with a few exception like Manticores, Cygors or Morghur's Chaos Spawn. And much like the current issue, those also dominated MP for a while because being able to summon anything better than a zombie or clanrats is one of the most powerful effects imaginable.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Man, I started an Azhag campaign last night and am having a blast. Having that extra lane of territory on the right side of the mountains makes a huge difference, and you have plenty of variety in dudes to crump between dwarves, humans, skaven, vampires, and norsca, and are first in line to beat up chaos. Once you unlock frenzy and vanguard on big uns and boar riders you really ball out of control real quick, and then by the time you really start getting into difficult fights you'll have Wind of Death and Purple Sun to shithouse any infantry blob.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Multiplayer queue randomly placing people in LB or domination is a real power move. Now everyone with a strong preference for either mode is furious instead of only people who wanted land battles back.

edit: Actually even people who don't care have it worse since they'll get dodged constantly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 30, 2022

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

It's nothing new but I really love the Herald of Tzeentch lines. His manic laughter when recruiting is the best :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

"Caravan Master: Fixed the ordering of skills in the first line that resulted in the Immortality skill being hidden."
Wait so they could have been loving immortal this whole time?! How many times i lost my lv20+ caravan late game and had to lose multiple other caravans to try and level them up.