Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Kaboobi posted:

Once you hit all 80s you’ll get 4 quests for the rare drops from the first four pets that give 500m each. Don’t do the owl one through, leave him at 5 because you need literally 3000+ honey and the drops for honey are faster at 5 than 6.

I wish I would of thought about this with the owl pet. Now I’m getting a ton goldfish that I don’t need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Fcdts26 posted:

I wish I would of thought about this with the owl pet. Now I’m getting a ton goldfish that I don’t need.

luckily today you can crack open some chests and trade some AC for honey with Borgen

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Should I blow all my coins on the honey at Borgen's instead of anything else?

Probably. It’s the biggest long term blocker with limited acquisition.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Based on an average of 500k experience from cider/Arnold Palmer usage at WC, I am 2000 ciders or Arnold palmers from l99 exploring.

That just feels really overwhelming and like I should wait and save some resources for the new zone.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

rafikki posted:

Man, people love that leaderboard for the community center. 1000% completion already. Several of the names in the top 10 lately have brag posts in their bios about being like the second person to grandmaster large nets or whatever. Takes all sorts I guess.

I like logging in 20 mins after reset to see “community centre complete”. I don’t have to contribute more than 1 item for a reward, and it’s really not a community event it’s just an ego measure for the people who have huge resources at their backs.

Decided against getting my 100 buddystones from Borgen just because I don’t have time for it today - not without voiding a lot of stuff: the opening chests, crafting gems and jewellery, exploring/growing mushrooms repeatedly for hours.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Corn? Corn.

Corn.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Today is probably the most substantial progress I’ve had in a while on long term goals. Currently at 150 honey today from burning through large chests for coins. Going to be really sad when I run out of chests soon.

Edit: And I’m out of chests. Final count is +191 honey. A good day.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 30, 2022

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The game is a marathon. Not a race. I’m currently stuck on 3 quests, and I’ve been able to upgrade about 7 pets to level 6 before I’m even close to finishing my quest. I’m only 91 in exploring. 99 in everything else.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I finally unlocked the new Pirate's Cove and I haven't even fished there yet, I'm just gonna stockpile Large Nets til July 4th lol

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

I had to open all of my Large Chest 01s today to pursue mystic ring GM, which left me about 20 buddystones short, so I used all of my MC01s too and got the horrifying buddy background with 361 AC to spare

also for those of you using macros, I totally understand because manual fishing is awful, miserable, hateful bullshit, and i got a COC warning in my first couple months of playing for fish botting even before gold fish were added, but don't get complacent because the anti botting tools are more sophisticated than you might think and you might get away with it for a while until someone actively notices the behavior. also i am not a snitch but this thread is only a couple pages into the google index for farm rpg

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Lone Goat posted:

I finally unlocked the new Pirate's Cove and I haven't even fished there yet, I'm just gonna stockpile Large Nets til July 4th lol

if you can restock your LNs before the weekend, its worth dumping them because the GM silver sell bonus aint nothin to gently caress with, i get around 9.2m per LN from PC

e: sorry for double post

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What does everyone do with their livestock?

I just pet and feed them, i rarely bother butchering them unless i need bacon or leather for a quest.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

campfire posted:

if you can restock your LNs before the weekend, its worth dumping them because the GM silver sell bonus aint nothin to gently caress with, i get around 9.2m per LN from PC

e: sorry for double post

Nah I'm only making about 1100 antlers a day from raptors so I'm not even at max inventory yet.

Also I'm not Exploring xp capped so I'm not willing to explore in Forest either.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Ineptitude posted:

I just pet and feed them, i rarely bother butchering them unless i need bacon or leather for a quest.

Same

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

I’m slaughtering whatever the calculator says is the ideal number per day, though I’m in a bit of an awkward transition where I got the T40 artifact a couple days ago and now things are leveling out of sync with that rhythm.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ineptitude posted:

Same for me. In early game the money from bacon and steak is useful but later on it’s pocket change.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Ineptitude posted:

early/mid game you should be slaughtering them based on your needs, but by late game you just pet them every day pretty much. leather is easy to come by in trade or by spending tons of stam in forest which is what all late game players do, but bacon is good so keep your inv maxed ish about it if you can, but don't worry about selling bacon unless you really need the money

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Hit my first 1b. Bought the Owl because my particular style of OCD play demands I do so. Yes, I know about the honey.

Time to chew through the rest of the collector quests!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Talking of honey it’s often in the exchange centre for 100 bacon so even if you just wanna pet those piggies you want to make sure you have enough bacon to swap for honey.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm trying to optimize my pig slaughtering but I can also see how it's probably not going to be worth the effort. I'll probably just max out the piggies and let them sit until I actually need something from them.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a way to get a lot of hide/leather outside of grinding Forest explores?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there a way to get a lot of hide/leather outside of grinding Forest explores?

Slaughter cows.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Salvor_Hardin posted:

cows but realistically 99% of your leather will come from forest explores. its worth it for the nets

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

campfire posted:

cows but realistically 99% of your leather will come from forest explores. its worth it for the nets

Oh I've been using them to grind Sturdy Swords for cash and exp...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh I've been using them to grind Sturdy Swords for cash and exp...

Leather doesn’t get used by nets, they are a byproduct of exploring the Forest for Wood/Straw/Antlers for nets.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Klungar posted:

Leather doesn’t get used by nets, they are a byproduct of exploring the Forest for Wood/Straw/Antlers for nets.

Ah right. Thanks

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I think even at best efficiency pigs are like 3m silver/day. That’s pretty trivial by the time you get the pig farm online, in my opinion.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

I'm guessing there aren't many tower 100 folks in here but let me tell you, strange gem +2500 inventory perk is loving dope

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

campfire posted:

I'm guessing there aren't many tower 100 folks in here but let me tell you, strange gem +2500 inventory perk is loving dope

:staredog:

I just got a storehouse and my inventory is 404. :(

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
So ready to make some money from this event, I’m loaded up on spheres, nets, beets and megabeet seeds. I was planning on immediately pissing it all up the tower but realised I’m almost out of Ascension Knowledge so I guess that part of the plan will have to wait.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

campfire posted:

L52. Trying to decide what’s going to be easiest to GM for those points.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

AK isn't too bad once you commit to the gm grind, which will take over your entire life. use LC01s for ring GMs, etc. eventually you get into a mindset where you know what you're looking for all the time and you can have like 8 GMs rolling in at once. im not sure i can recommend it exactly but thats what late game is

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
The guy in second place on the Community Centre leader board bought a million steaks for it. I don’t mind because I still get the reward for my one steak but having a leader board is definitely making some people crazy.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Speaking of buying steaks to donate, you can buy your way to the 100k donated items today. Its only ~5b if you start from scratch

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everyone talks about corn Jail, but I'm currently at just under 6000 eggplants grown with no runestone to show for it :mad:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

dolphinbomb posted:

Everyone talks about corn Jail, but I'm currently at just under 6000 eggplants grown with no runestone to show for it :mad:
I got mine after 11.5K.

https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=Eggplant+Winter

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
For the Fishing script, that gets run from the Chrome console? What's the best way to excute it? Sorry, new to this specific thing!

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Piquai Souban posted:

For the Fishing script, that gets run from the Chrome console? What's the best way to excute it? Sorry, new to this specific thing!

I'm pretty sure it's an autohotkey script, so you'll need to install autohotkey and open it with that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It's also sorta janky and doesn't work for every fishing spot because the pixel colors change a bit. If you have any scripting aptitude I hard recommend getting rid of the dialog box input and hardcoding the fishing window coordinates so you can bounce in and out with a single button press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Wow that 1 billion farming row upgrade gives a fair bit of XP. Just went from farming 84 to farming 97 with a button press.