Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

quote:

Let's play some videogames

Sure, just let me grab some stuff to read while we play
:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
In fairness, what Shizuka apparently meant was "how about I play some videogames while you sit near me?"

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
This game's writing is so frustrating. We had a really good scene with Shizuka where she lamented that she wasn't willing to stop playing games long enough to watch a movie with her friend, and it seems like we might actually have some character development, then we hang out with her again and her only personality trait is videogames again. Why is this game a dating sim when the characters are mostly cardboard cutouts and nothing all that romantic ever happens?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

ZCKaiser posted:

This game's writing is so frustrating. We had a really good scene with Shizuka where she lamented that she wasn't willing to stop playing games long enough to watch a movie with her friend, and it seems like we might actually have some character development, then we hang out with her again and her only personality trait is videogames again. Why is this game a dating sim when the characters are mostly cardboard cutouts and nothing all that romantic ever happens?

yeah, the constant discontinuity is definitely crippling my interest in the characters. Sisyphean character-building is not my jam, IMO

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
In this particular case, a scene in which Shizuka tried to make Jordan pick something for them to do because she wants to be part of what someone else enjoys would be solid. Add an option in the conversation where you tease her with "why not just pick something yourself and invite me" long enough that she admits she doesn't actually know what most of the crew (including Jordan) likes to do because she bounces off it so hard. You now have a character admitting to a flaw that they're trying to correct!

Regression like this would be possible (realistically, it'd be inevitable) later since you can't fundamentally change what you like to do overnight. That said, given how little time is passing in the game I don't think that's much of a concern.

The character I think they've done the best job with overall is Dai. She's insane, but her banter with Jordan sometimes veers into the "hey, I like having friends too" territory. It makes it seem like there's parts of her that do enjoy interacting and hanging out with the crew, it's just much bigger parts of her are really into murder and suffering. It's made worse when people push back against her, but Jordan rolling with it seems to defuse her sadism pretty quickly. It's nice to see in a villain.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Not to cut in on the conversation (which again, I agree with, trust me, I've been getting tempted to do a huge dissection once the LP is done bc I have a lot of thoughts that I've developed from making this LP and sort of getting a bigger peek into how this game is set up), but it's voting time! Next week we'll be hopping sides again. :v:

As a reminder, here's the flowchart for M!Jordan:

Only two options this time! Middle or Right! :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Will admit everything is starting to blend together but didn't Male Jordan have some 'choose Yoshiki or Katashi' bits? At least in an early death, I recall.

So I'm going to go with Right, because like I keep saying I wanna see Katashi given that he seems relatively stable and I actually think he might not flip out.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
I'll also vote right, to get that path filled out the rest of the way.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm curious about Middle, actually.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Middle should get started

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Let's try right. Also just to be clear, I'm enjoying the LP itself and think you're doing a great job, Mix. I just also happen to enjoy complaining about bad games, especially bad writing.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Well, obviously, we're pushing that button! :v:

[BGM: Drink Deep of the Universe]

Without any hesitation, I pressed the buttons. No longer did I hear that all too familiar buzzing sound that marked my failure. The world went black.

I woke up, finding myself on the floor of the Rec Room, dazed, confused, and feeling extremely nauseous. I sat up, greeted with the fact that neither Shizuka nor the precious box of research were anywhere to be seen.

Aggghhh!

Ai suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Jordan, I am registering sounds of distress in your vocal tone. Are you alright?

I'm fine... just feeling a little bit queasy.

I got to my feet, which required a lot more effort than I was prepared for.

Very well. I have other matters to attend to.

I gathered what wits I could muster and navigated my way back to my room.

I lay on my bed for a moment, taking the time to let my body settle. I noticed the time flashing at me from the bedside.

Just after 8am... not long before the next Game, then.

I was in the middle of trying to recall exactly what the Deletion Game's rules were, when my door buzzed.

Come in...

Through the doorway came a young woman with long, straight black hair, and unmatching eyes. She wore the same uniform as me.

Jordan, I have some good news and some bad news.

How do you know my name?

The woman stopped dead in her tracks.

Are you... okay?

Yeah, just-

She was clearly in a rush to bring me the news, so she didn't stay fazed for long.

The good news is that I've uncovered another clue to the deactivation code for Dai! I was able to access partial records from the date of the incident and recovered the letters 'ad'.

You have a piece of the code?

That is what I just said.

Suddenly Ai appeared in the room, addressing the young woman.

Elisabeth, you have been requested in the Lab.

By whom?

Jordan.

She looked at me quizzically, her brain processing this news at light speed, before replying.

Thank you, Ai. Please tell her that I will be there presently.

Very well.

Ai bowed and disappeared.

Jordan, I know what's going on here.

You do?

You have travelled here using the pocket watch. Am I correct in this assumption?

The watch worked?!

It would appear so. I have been working alongside you- well, my you- in the Lab for some time, and so I'm well versed in your research.

But this is fantastic news! Not only this, but you have a piece of the deactivation code!

Well, it isn't so much the code as a small piece of the larger puzzle.

Either way, this is huge progress!

Well, Jordan, it's nice to meet you. My name is Elisabeth, and I'm a computer programmer on the Everett. It seems safe to assume that I don't exist in your dimension, considering your lack of recognition when we met.

Oh yeah, sorry about that! I must have seemed pretty rude.

I understand the confusion, so please don't worry about it.

Elisabeth was silent for a moment, deep in thought.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please remain here in your quarters while I go and speak to the Captain about the situation? I think it would be best to not have the two of you together on the Bridge just yet.

Of course! I'll gladly wait here.

Elisabeth smiled and left the room. I looked around, surprised at how different the room actually looked from my own. This dimension's me was a real pig!

Ten minutes later, Elisabeth returned.

Thank you for waiting. The captain is on her way to see you now.

Did she take it well?

Yes, very well in fact.

That's great!

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, the captain arrived.

[BGM: With Fear: Hope]

Jordan, thank you for joining us.

It's so good to see you, captain!

We should work together in solving both the Dai and resource crises.

I completely agree!

But first, let us all go to the Dining Room to discuss our plans further in a more suitable environment.

I nodded my consent and followed them both down the corridor.

Many of the crew were assembled in the Dining Hall already- including some familiar faces.

Beatrix... Katashi...

How can I help you, Sailor?

Hearing Beatrix's voice again was surreal. I felt myself getting choked up at the mere sound. I imagine that no one had ever been this happy to see Beatrix.

Nothing, just... nice to see you.

Beatrix gave me a rather confused smile before turning back to her conversation with Nikolas, who was seated directly beside her.

Please take a seat, Jordan.

I did so, and the captain did the same.

I have the pocket watch here, so I can confirm your dimensional origin.

I patted my pockets, realizing in horror that the pocket watch was nowhere inside.

I... can't find mine!

Yours?

MY pocket watch!

Pocket watches do not carry over to alternate dimensions with you.

They... they don't?

No. YOU explained that to me, as well as informing me that this number represents your dimension, and this one- here- is ours.

The captain pointed at the pocket watch as she described each number.

So you have come from dimension number 72.

So, this must be 22?

Correct.

Suddenly, the proceedings were interrupted by Dai zapping into the room.

[BGM: Ad Astra Per Aspera]
What in the world is happening here? Are you all so eager to die? I usually have to drag you kicking and screaming to the Deletion Game!

The Deletion Game is happening right now?

Haha, what's wrong with Jordan? Blow to the head? Regardless, now that everyone's present and accounted for, let's start the Game!

What game?!

Dai seemed confused by my question.

What game?

Is it Vampire Children?

Yes... and it has been for almost a week.

Okay... of course... But... we're missing Jordan!

Hahaha, seriously Jordan, what is wrong with you today?

She should be playing, not me!

Dai looked incredulously at the captain, who simply shrugged her shoulders.

Captain, you know I'm not from here! Tell Dai where the other me is!

Sorry Dai, I am unsure what she is talking about. I think the pressure has just gotten to her.

No! There's no pressure! She's... she's lying!

I pointed at the captain, my index finger shaking uncontrollably with rage.

Oooooooh~? Accusing the captain of lying? This is getting heated- and I love it!

Jordan came to me and told me that she was chosen as the vampire. When I declined to be her Clyde, she lost her mind with anger, and has been acting like this ever since.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED, AND YOU KNOW IT!

I know you enjoy games, Dai, but we've all decided not to breed with her already. Why not skip straight to the execution?

Wait, what? REALLY? You're happy with me just killing her?

It would simply be a waste of our time otherwise.

I think we've finally agreed on something, Cap-i-tan. Feels nice, like we're bonding!

I'M NOT JORDAN, I'M JORDAN!

Even to my own ears, I sounded insane.

Wow, Jordan. Get a grip... or don't. I don't really care. To the Shuttle Bay!

Dai cackled as Beatrix and Nikolas lay their hands on me and dragged me, kicking and screaming the whole way, to the Shuttle Bay.

I'M NOT FROM HERE! THE OTHER ME MUST BE HIDING!

You know, I had bets on who would snap under the pressure first... but wow, was I wrong there!

YOU'RE KILLING THE WRONG JORDAN!

Nikolas and Beatrix threw me into the decompression chamber- the small airlock between us and infinite open space.

Have fun out there, Jordan! Send me a postcard!

I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL!

Seconds later the airlock doors opened, and instantly the air in my lungs was sucked straight out of me, my body careening out into space right after. I was barely conscious for more than a moment before blackness swallowed both me and my silent screams.

JUMP ENDING – SHIZUKA (F SIDE)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well at least this one gave a little information.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
lol

edit for actual content: so the 59 41 thing is coordinates to another dimension, makes sense.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm just sad we never get to jump and stay in one piece.

Very Melon
Sep 4, 2011
Wow, that was incredibly rude

And it's obvious that Dai was on it as well, there's no way she didn't know that Jordan is from another dimension, considering Dai is able to monitor the location of all crew, and I'm sure she's able to see that there's two Jordans on board now.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, we've finally made progress in some regard.

Quackles posted:

I'm just sad we never get to jump and stay in one piece.

:same:

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
We kind of meta-achieved something! Hurray!

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
To quote some things from a couple pages ago..

Mix. posted:

The activation code is inspired by the story of the very first human making the wrong choice.

Quackles posted:

Interesting password. Could be GARDEN OF EDEN, or EDEN, GARDEN, EVE, APPLE... TREE OF WISDOM...

Mix. posted:

\
The good news is that I've uncovered another clue to the deactivation code for Dai! I was able to access partial records from the date of the incident and recovered the letters 'ad'.

Given all that the "Ad" seems like it has to be part of "Adam" and I'd guess the whole password is Adam and Eve or similar

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Given the first bit about it being inspired by the first human "making the wrong choice", I'd guess something like ADAM'S SIN. I can't imagine the phrase is super-long as it'd make a two-letter clue weird in comparison.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

not to rain on y'alls parade but just letting you know those quotes are talking about two different codes :eng101:

Mix. fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 2, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
OH. Derp. Doy. Yoshiki says "activation" code. this girl is saying "DEactivation" code.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
Hm... if the activation code is about something that happens in the beginning of the Bible, maybe the deactivation code involves something at the end... there's a angel named Abaddon mentioned in Revelations. (Said angel is accompanied by a swarm of some really weird bugs, but that's beside the point.)

Or, since "the very first human making the wrong choice" is what got the first humans kicked out of Eden according to the myth, perhaps the deactivation code will return the humans on the ship to Paradise. (After being in a death game, the simple fact of NOT being in a death game would probably seem pretty paradisaical.)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

"Paradise" seems plausable.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Oh did not catch that and thought there was only one "code" we needed to know and remembered the previous clue.
Wonder why you would ever need an "activation" code in this game instead of a deactivation code, outside of causing a dead-end bad ending like turning on DAI again after turning her off with the deactivation code or turning her on in one of the parallel worlds where there is no death game.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
My guess would be that the activation code is for Ai. Could be that the deactivation code actually shuts down both of them, so without it you've doomed the ship to fall apart with Ai's constant maintenance.

Which would make this story about one plucky crewmember's dimension-hopping journey in resetting a computer by turning it off and on again. I would honestly approve. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OneWingedDevil posted:

My guess would be that the activation code is for Ai. Could be that the deactivation code actually shuts down both of them, so without it you've doomed the ship to fall apart with Ai's constant maintenance.

That'd explain the "we ran out of air" timeline.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

Quackles posted:

That'd explain the "we ran out of air" timeline.

Huh. That'd be neat. My initial assumption was that it something going wrong with the crew that caused Dai to escalate and cut off oxygen, but it doesn't seem like she can kill Kimiko. Makes more sense that it'd be the run where they got a victory against Dai and had time to realize that they still screwed up. They probably suited up to buy time and reboot Ai, and Vladimir gave Melody some of his air as it ran low so she outlived the rest of the crew.

It'd suggest real thought went into some of the alternate endings. Mix. suggested as much, but it's hard to tell given how many obvious joke ones we've gotten so far. Might end up being one of the stronger points of the whole game? Guess we'll find out.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
I mean, Yoshiki pretty clearly stated that the code he hinted at was more or less one that allowed the AI to take full control of the ship, just in case there was an incident where the captain went crazy or something. The conversation then further elaborated that this would more or less free the AI from any restraints given to it.

This would have been real helpful back when the previous captain was in charge.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:v: And now, we'll go back and not push the button.

I wasn't thinking straight- this was no time to be randomly pushing buttons! I returned the watch to my pocket. Shizuka snored loudly, snapping me out of my contemplation. Drool ran down her chin.

Shizuka, wake up!

She stirred and moaned, but it would take more than just that to get her up.

Shizuka, please get up! This much sleep can't be good for you.

But I've always slept this long...

There might still be time to change your ways and prevent you from falling into an eternal slumber!

Eternal slumber... that sounds... nice.

I tapped my foot in irritation. Shizuka knew how to test my patience alright.

Shizuka, if you don't get out of this chair right now, I'm going to step on your console.

Shizuka flinched, but her eyes stayed stubbornly shut.

I know you would never do that.

How certain are you?

Shizuka decided that it wasn't worth the risk and opened her eyes.

Fiiiiiiine! You win this time, you big bully!

She rose up, zombie-like and swaying side to side like a pendulum.

There, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

Shizuka attempted (and failed) to stifle a huge yawn before leaving the Rec Room.

Night, Jordan~

Alright, problem number one solved. Now to get better rested so that the watch problem wouldn't seem so daunting. I picked up my parents' research, and plodded dreamily back to my quarters.

I left the watch on the bedside table and slid into bed, which received me like a long-lost friend. Despite the flurry of thoughts in my head, I was asleep within minutes.

[BGM: Ad Astra Per Aspera]
Hey, Jordan!

Huh... wha...?

Jordan, I think your alarm clock thingy is broken.

What alarm?

I slowly cracked my eyes, to see Dai staring quizzically at something on the bedside table. I sat up at lightspeed, making Dai look at me oddly. I stopped myself, knowing that I shouldn't draw too much attention to myself by acting strange. I casually picked the watch up from where it lay.

Oh.. yeah, that alarm clock. Weird, it's not making any noise... I wonder what's, erm... what's wrong with it?

You should get Yoshiki to fix it!

That's... a very helpful suggestion, Dai. I'll go and do that right away.

I cocked my head, suspicious of how quickly she had been taken in by my not-at-all convincing acting abilities.

I know how clumsy he is! I was hoping that he might electrocute himself while taking it apart.

And here I was thinking you were being helpful!

He might still fix it by giving his life heroically! And then we both win!

I would rather it remain broken and him alive.

That's because you're selfish, Jordan- you're only ever thinking of yourself!

I'm too tired for this, Dai!

Well, that's your fault for being up so late, isn't it?

How do you know I was up late?

I'll give you a hint. It starts with an S and ends in a -hizuka.

Wait, Yoshiki told you?

Hahaha, you really do crack me up, Jordan.

So, might as well tell me why you're here.

I'm here to assign your role for today's Deletion Game!

I totally forgot that the Game was about to begin. I had been so preoccupied with the watch. I sighed and prepared myself for the worst.

Now, now, it's not that bad! In fact, I would say-

What? What would you say, Dai?

I can't lie to you, Jordan. I'm sorry.

Oh god! I'm the vampire, aren't I?

What? No!

Then why are you sorry?

I'm sorry because you're a human!

But... that's good, right?

Clearly, you don't quite grasp the coolness factor of vampires. Frankly, I'm disappointed.

Yes, that's it... I hadn't accounted for the 'coolness factor'...

Interesting vampire lore coming your way! Although Christian religious symbols, such as crosses and holy water, are often associated with combating vampires, Christianity didn't exist until thousands of years after the first vampire tales were told.

Don't you have any useful information for me?

Um, okay... in some cultures, those born with red hair were considered the most likely to be vampires.

How does that help?

Maybe it's a hint about who on this ship is a vampire~

Dai winked and tapped her nose knowingly.

Well, this has been nice, but I need to continue my rounds! Last stop- el cap-i-tan!

Dai strode right through my door, flickering as she crossed the boundary. Relief washed over me as she departed, and then ebbed immediately as the next Deletion Game drew closer.

At least I'm not a vampire! Perfect! ...At least, I think it is...

The watch was returned to its place back on my bedside table- I had to keep my mind on the task at hand. The PA system crackled to life overhead.

Thank you all for your cooperation! You are now free to lounge around as you please. The game will begin in two hours! Gooooood Luuuuuck~

Alright, time to talk to the crew and work out a game strategy. Before the thought had fully formed, Ai appeared and put an end to that.

Jordan, we need to speak.

We know the drill by now, 'gotta input the deactivation code now or never', we don't have the code yet, yada yada. We'll be skipping past that to when Jordan exits again.

Clearly at a dead end here, I decided to return to my quarters to choose my next move.

Right outside my door, Shizuka was awaiting my return, bouncing on her heels in an agitated fashion.

About time, Jordan!

What are you doing here?

I wanted to tell you something- something for your trusted ears alone!

Go on!

Promise not to tell? Cross your heart and hope to die?

Of course, Shizuka.

Lower your voice! I'll tell you inside.

Shizuka put her hands on my shoulders and marched me inside. The doors slid shut behind us, Shizuka not taking her eyes off of it until it was fully sealed.

So... tell me this big secret of yours.

I'm the vampire! And I was hoping that you wou-

Shizuka's gaze must have spotted the watch illuminating my room from its spot on the table, because a wild, excited look suddenly overcame her features.

What's that?

She darted around me, snatching the watch up, and jumped onto my bed. I threw my hands up in the air as a sign of my utter resignation. There was going to be no coaxing her down once she was in this state.

Shizuka, please be careful! It's not a toy!

Shizuka was now bouncing up and down at lightspeed, eyes fixated on the glowing face.

Have you pressed the buttons yet?! Does it work? What does it do?

Shizuka continued with her machine gun fire questions, clearly not about to stop any time soon. If she accidentally pressed that button, we could be in real trouble. I had to defuse the situation, and fast.

Shizuka, I would love to be your Clyde!

Shizuka stopped bouncing immediately.

Really? You'd risk everything to play two player with me?

Of course! There's no one on the ship I'd rather team up with!

Shizuka's face radiated pure happiness.

We will definitely win, Jordan! I know we will!

Of course! So why don't you come down her-

Right after this!

Shizuka grinned like a dopey puppy as she pressed the first button she could lay her hands on. The pocket watch let out an unfamiliar noise, and before I could do anything, Shizuka dissipated before my eyes, just like Ai and Dai do. The watch fell from where her hand just was, and bounced gently on the bed's mattress a few times before coming to rest.

The watch's face was now revealing numbers behind the panels. The left reading 72 and the right 22.

Shizuka! SHIZUKA!

I don't know why I looked around the room for her, knowing what I just saw- but a part of me was hoping it wasn't true.

Think, Jordan, think!

I have no real choice. I can tell the captain that I accidentally lost Shizuka, or I can go after her. I gulped nervously as I held the watch in my hands, pressed my eyes shut, and pressed the button.

[BGM: The Aftermath of Bravery]

I gasped for air but found none. Opening my eyes rewarded me with the sight of infinite sprawling nothingness as far as the eye could see. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the pocket watch floating just out of reach. With the last shred of breath in my lungs I tried to propel myself towards it, but it was such a feeble effort that I may as well have savored that last lungful a bit longer.

A lifeless Shizuka hovered above, blue skin snap frozen by the relentless cold of space. What had gone wrong? I tried to tell Shizuka that we would've lived if we played the game. Well, we'll never know now.

BAD ENDING – SHIZUKA (F SIDE)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bor-iiiiiiiiiiing.

Very Melon
Sep 4, 2011
Are we ever gonna get to play Vampire Children?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Look on the bright side, we won't be hanging around Yoshiki or Shizuka for an extended period of time again anytime soon going forward :v:

I'm sorry they are just my least favorite characters in this game so of course we'd hit all four of their paths immediately lmfao

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

NyoroEevee
May 21, 2020
Can't say I was surprised by this; given that the "Shizuka smashes dat button" ending on the other side was a "Good" ending, the version on this side had to be a Bad one. Unless I'm misremembering, the parallel choices on each Jordan's side seem to lead to opposite types of endings...

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Mix. posted:

Look on the bright side, we won't be hanging around Yoshiki or Shizuka for an extended period of time again anytime soon going forward :v:

I'm sorry they are just my least favorite characters in this game so of course we'd hit all four of their paths immediately lmfao

I mean given what I've seen I agree, they are the worst characters. Both of them are a single trait amplified six times too much.

The captain is cool, though. More of her.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Somehow I'm not suprised by this fact.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
The only unusual thing here is that Jordan wasn't the vampire like they usually are. It's not like it changed much though. This seems more like the kind of quick game over you'd put at the front of the game, not three Deletions in.

Shizuka and Yoshiki really do feel like characters made for a different game altogether. I don't hate them, but getting all of their routes back to back has undeniably made their routines start to wear thin, especially since they haven't shown much actual character development (outside of maybe like, the movie thing from a few updates ago).

...Or if they have, I can't remember. Everything just kinda blurs together with this game so far.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I don't mind Shizuka that much because she shows hints of character growth and thinking beyond her one gimmick and also because she is not as dumb as a sack of hammers. She's impulsive and thinks of everything in terms of video games, which is obnoxious, but that's a step up from Yoshiki who is so dumb it strains credulity.

Will be very happy to spend some time with other people. Can't wait to see how Vlad is actually a manic pixie dream man too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
I will give the game credit as this actually makes sense; when we arrived at 22 before, we got shot out an airlock in place of the local Jordan, who was about to lose Vampire Children. If we assume we're crossing dimensions but there's still some parallel of time, then here we've arrived after that Jordan already lost and was launched into space (with their pocket watch, unfortunately).

This is actually kind of interesting to think about, because it suggests that any ending where we give it to someone else before dying may be a world we revisit.