Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
they are going to make a spider-gwen movie lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's Morbius 2: Morbin' Time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Isabella Merced is almost definitely playing Anya Corazon so I don't think it's a Spider-Gwen movie

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

They’re just gonna roll all the spider-women they can into one movie because they don’t have faith that any single one of them could carry a movie alone, which is correct because Sony has no idea how to hire decent writers that could make it happen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel like they wouldn't pull the trigger on that while she's still a major supporting character in the Spider-Verse movies but Sony's definitely done stupider* (and to their actual credit, Spider-Gwen is a character that could carry a movie unlike loving Madam Web or Morbius)

*but if they were going to go stupider why wouldn't they just do a live-action Miles Morales first?

Sanschel posted:

They’re just gonna roll all the spider-women they can into one movie because they don’t have faith that any single one of them could carry a movie alone, which is correct because Sony has no idea how to hire decent writers that could make it happen.

Wasn't there something a while back where it was somehow decided that Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) didn't fall under Sony's purview despite having the name Spider-Woman? (which is why they changed Spider-Gwen's alias in the comics to loving Ghost Spider i still hate that name ugh?)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 29, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Since Anya is pretty much all but confirmed, I think this might end up Spider-Women/Girls movie. Maybe Gwen is in it, but I'm thinking it's gonna have Anya as more the main character.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spiders of Prey

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Jared Leto will play Anya, Sony wants to cash in on the Dallas Buyer’s Club hype.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TwoPair posted:

Wasn't there something a while back where it was somehow decided that Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) didn't fall under Sony's purview despite having the name Spider-Woman? (which is why they changed Spider-Gwen's alias in the comics to loving Ghost Spider i still hate that name ugh?)
I think she is more linked to Avengers stuff than actual Spider-Man, which could be why they aren't using her

But it could also be an issue like they had with the Maximoffs, where they were jointly both associated with the Avengers and the X-Men.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Isn't Olivia Wilde supposed to be developing a Spider-Woman movie for Sony?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Why even make it a secret though? If it is a Spider-Woman film I don't understand the benefit of keeping that hidden.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Starsnostars posted:

Why even make it a secret though? If it is a Spider-Woman film I don't understand the benefit of keeping that hidden.

It worked for the Black Manta movie!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Y’all are nuts not letting Jason be The Torch. He already has practice throwing fire! BORTLES!
Chidi should be The Thing just so you could watch him freak out when he gets the rock skin.
Elinor should be Mrs Fantastic, and marry her to Tahani. gently caress it, make the subtext text.

Dr Doom could be played by Michael. He’s already got the laugh.

https://youtu.be/ig6TYsD5X2A

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

IUG posted:

Y’all are nuts not letting Jason be The Torch. He already has practice throwing fire! BORTLES!
Chidi should be The Thing just so you could watch him freak out when he gets the rock skin.
Elinor should be Mrs Fantastic, and marry her to Tahani Janet. gently caress it, make the subtext text.

This I could get behind, with just one small change.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Manny Jacinto, turns out he was in the new Top Gun movie as one of the pilot candidates. If you don't remember seeing him that's because literally all of his scenes were cut. In the released movie his character is mentioned by callsign once and he's in the background of a couple shots.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

IUG posted:

Elinor should be Mrs Fantastic, and marry her to Tahani. gently caress it, make the subtext text.

This is cute, but I'm already devestated Reed won't be played by Glen Howerton describing the R.I.C.H.A.R.D. system to Torch Charlie Day and Thing Mac(he finally cultivated mass).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Starsnostars posted:

Outside of Spider-Verse, Sony has shown they have no idea what they're doing. They got lucky with Venom but that's only because Tom Hardy imposed his will on it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that’s the main thing. You can’t try and figure out the motives behind Sony’s execs because they don’t think like people do.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Still waiting for my 21 Jump Street/Men in Black crossover

Someone at Sony is me, apparently.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't think it's a Spider-Gwen movie. That actually makes sense because the character has a following and would probably make for a good story. And Sony isn't known for doing things that make sense.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
drat yeah my bad on that one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ThePlaylistNews/status/1542169539307220992?s=20&t=a4M0r6_jqJSAGBQ5GLYzaQ

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Unless Emma Roberts is Gwen, so far they don't have anyone else to play her.

I think they're trying to figure out if calling this Spider-Girl or Spider-Woman is better and maybe checking with Marvel since Spider-Woman is tricky with the whole Jessica Drew thing.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

howe_sam posted:

Isn't Olivia Wilde supposed to be developing a Spider-Woman movie for Sony?

I thought that's what we were talking about but I admit, I get a little lost with Sony stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I would bet some SiriusXM Audio Podcast program. Marvel and SiriusXM have worked together on many podcasts like that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

I would bet some SiriusXM Audio Podcast program. Marvel and SiriusXM have worked together on many podcasts like that.

I can definitely hear SternDoom asking Reed how his powers work regarding his penis.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TwoPair posted:

I feel like they wouldn't pull the trigger on that while she's still a major supporting character in the Spider-Verse movies but Sony's definitely done stupider* (and to their actual credit, Spider-Gwen is a character that could carry a movie unlike loving Madam Web or Morbius)

*but if they were going to go stupider why wouldn't they just do a live-action Miles Morales first?

They fixed that I imagine since Issa Rae is the Drew Spider-Woman in Spider-Verse.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I thought that's what we were talking about but I admit, I get a little lost with Sony stuff.

This "Madame Web" movie is something else entirely apparently, but yeah, who can keep up with this stuff?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I always assumed they'd recruit Emma Stone for a Spider-Gwen film as she's got a lot of marketing cache.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-O posted:

The current run of podcats has Doom played by Dylan Baker, of all people. He's pretty well unrecognizable and uses a modulator most of the time though

Be kind of cool if they did like an interview take, something like the Brubaker series with Stern being the interviewer

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Karloff posted:

I always assumed they'd recruit Emma Stone for a Spider-Gwen film as she's got a lot of marketing cache.

Sadly she is over 30 and thus considered soon to be dead by Hollywood standards.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TwoPair posted:

To be fair to the not-great name, Spider-Gwen is sort of… very stupid and awful if you want to actually keep a secret identity.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CapnAndy posted:

To be fair to the not-great name, Spider-Gwen is sort of… very stupid and awful if you want to actually keep a secret identity.

She was never called Spider-Gwen in universe. It was just Spider-Woman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s Ghost Soider because she changed universes and there was already like 5 simultaneous Spider-Womans.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

Wasn't there something a while back where it was somehow decided that Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) didn't fall under Sony's purview despite having the name Spider-Woman

She never really had anything to do with Spider-Man.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marvel finally answers the most pressing question around Avengers Endgame

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1542300063560605703?s=21&t=qesPTpaIeqESaGXZuuteGA

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marvel finally answers the most pressing question around Avengers Endgame

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1542300063560605703?s=21&t=qesPTpaIeqESaGXZuuteGA

Seems pretty effective in _____The Boys

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thano's Thunderous Asscheeks have at least a metric ton of clinch force betwixt them! Ant Man? More like Ant Tube

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm tired of this poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Shageletic posted:

I'm tired of this poo poo!

new thread title imo