Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1542516260809822209

in America, court fucks you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

But what would John Kasich think!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

where do they get 5 more lol

what's the map look like for this? wouldn't they have to win like Missouri lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

agreed, destroy the supreme court imo

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like a biden aide told him to not say vote three times, or emphasize it too much and now he's convinced that like ultra-maga, these fuckin whippersnappers don't understand what the man who beat trump brings to the game I'll loving show those taffy eating bunco boys whats what

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

*checks name* ah good if the death camps are organized alphabetically I’ll get to see this fucker die before me

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Can't argue with this originalism.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

*somewhere out in the wilderness in his hermit cabin, Virgil Texas shrieks*

LEV PARNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

It makes sense if you understand that they view being President as a skilled profession that you need training for. In the same way as an engineer needs training to be able to design a functioning bridge, a politician needs training to craft the policies or whatever. Without that training, the country would fall apart. The only reason we can live as we do is because skilled professionals are doing complicated things behind the scenes.

This is partly why Trump drives them insane. He proves that the President isn't actually doing anything to "keep things functioning." He can just be a dumbass who does nothing at all, and your life as a random middle class white American will continue like normal.

So if skill isn't needed to "keep things running like normal," there's no longer any justification for our politicians. They rely on the illusion that maintaining the status quo is a valuable and difficult job on its own, and that you can't just replace Nancy Pelosi with anyone - surely she is doing complex things behind the scenes to ensure the continue functioning of our nation!

I know this is from far back, but it's tough keeping up with this thread

But this whole thing if how liberals can only interact with the world via accreditation is why this scene from Chernobyl always stands out to me. Liz Warren here just insisting she knows better cause the guy in charge was just a lowly factory worker (even though someone else once pointed out when I've shared this scene before that she was wrong and Minsk didn't need to be evacuated).

https://youtu.be/idb_qsAAe1c

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

This really is not a big deal. These are just circuit court judges, they don't decide nationally important things. The only reason to not do the deal is if you want to say "gently caress your friend and gently caress you Mitch, I don't like you, so I'm going to be an rear end in a top hat. You want to delay some of our circuit court judges too? Fine"
these judges get appointed to other stuff

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

bom video

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zamujasa posted:

i thought all the rule violation probes were some d&d joke but apparently it's serious? lol

Its a reflex. Like when climate change news gets so bad and the posters get so upset they mandate an official ruleset designed to create the specific narrative they need to read. No negativity, no unofficial scientific sources, no speculation etc etc etc.

Dems are headed for one of the most historic defeats in the history of electoral politics as we slide into what will probably be a depression with Biden as one of the worst presidents of all time and everyone knows Trump is coming back. The level of anxiety they feel influences the lengths they go to to protect themselves when the overall posting turns so negative.

That's why there are hundreds of probations and bans over dozens of new rules and subsections of subsections of subsections of rules. People are criticizing democrats too much and the liberal democrat audience needs their local posting place to reflect the reality they need to believe.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LMAO

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Jimmy Carter : Billy Carter :: Joe Biden : Hunter Biden - but Hunter's not getting the attention he needs

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

guidoanselmi posted:

Jimmy Carter : Billy Carter :: Joe Biden : Hunter Biden - but Hunter's not getting the attention he needs

just need some Hunter branded trucker speed to make the comparison perfect

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it’s pretty incredible how many times the democrats immediately and relentlessly poo poo in the mouths of their voters after every single election and absolutely refuse to do anything to prevent their own defeats it’s stunning really.

i wish they were a little less pathetic and weak about it though, if you’re evil just be evil it’s the fact that they’re a limp noodle and whine and whimper while loving us all over is what drives me insane.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1542519695047131137?s=20&t=dJsg4gnPpLN2m22vloITSA

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the average American soon

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Its a reflex. Like when climate change news gets so bad and the posters get so upset they mandate an official ruleset designed to create the specific narrative they need to read. No negativity, no unofficial scientific sources, no speculation etc etc etc.

Dems are headed for one of the most historic defeats in the history of electoral politics as we slide into what will probably be a depression with Biden as one of the worst presidents of all time and everyone knows Trump is coming back. The level of anxiety they feel influences the lengths they go to to protect themselves when the overall posting turns so negative.

That's why there are hundreds of probations and bans over dozens of new rules and subsections of subsections of subsections of rules. People are criticizing democrats too much and the liberal democrat audience needs their local posting place to reflect the reality they need to believe.

:sad:

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

it’s pretty incredible how many times the democrats immediately and relentlessly poo poo in the mouths of their voters after every single election and absolutely refuse to do anything to prevent their own defeats it’s stunning really.

i wish they were a little less pathetic and weak about it though, if you’re evil just be evil it’s the fact that they’re a limp noodle and whine and whimper while loving us all over is what drives me insane.

they are absolutely stone cold, just only to the left. it would be great if they were more weak

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Brain Candy posted:

they are absolutely stone cold, just only to the left. it would be great if they were more weak

yeah it’s pretty revealing how the only thing Barack Obama ever did with his useless lovely life was prevent bernie from winning the primary

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fly Molo posted:

ive been owned by the age of napoleon guy :magical:

without giving too much away, it would appear that Mike has decided to train his sights on me today

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah it’s pretty revealing how the only thing Barack Obama ever did with his useless lovely life was prevent bernie from winning the primary

now now, he also stopped LeBron James et al from holding professional sports hostage in exchange for reforms after George Floyd

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I know this is from far back, but it's tough keeping up with this thread

But this whole thing if how liberals can only interact with the world via accreditation is why this scene from Chernobyl always stands out to me. Liz Warren here just insisting she knows better cause the guy in charge was just a lowly factory worker (even though someone else once pointed out when I've shared this scene before that she was wrong and Minsk didn't need to be evacuated).

https://youtu.be/idb_qsAAe1c

It's not even consistent, later on there's a scene with coal miners who are all wise honest salt-of-the-earth types (so anticommunist of course) who rightfully have no respect for the minister of coal, a froofry soft-handed college academic in a fancy suit which the workers mischievously clap their filthy coaldust hands on.

Wait so are workers ignorant troglodytes or repositories of folksy wisdom superior to ivory tower book learning who knows!

(The real minister of coal had been a coal miner at the age of 15 and worked his way up so that scene of him not knowing how to interact with coal miners was a lie of course. )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Shchadov#In_popular_culture

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/shenaz10/status/1542281084171436035?s=21&t=ZnICVr2VtCKVXQqHXmBrAQ

lmao

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

tenderjerk posted:

What changed? He had said the opposite yesterday
he saw how much everyone hates him and realized he should at least pretend to try. although actually hes only saying he'll pretend to try IF we vote in more dem senators lol

itll go like the trips waiver where he said the US supported a patent waiver so covid vaccines could be shared worldwide. Said that and then never followed up on it or tried to make it happen.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 15:59 on Jun 30, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

yeah Iran should 100% get a nuke as fast as possible america can’t be trusted with a treaty if any Bozo the clown can tear it up every four years

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Iran right on the money

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jesus, I'm honestly not sure which is more impressive; How the Dems have somehow managed to bury the bar that deep while still somehow managing to fail to clear it, or that D&D succs are racing as hard as they can to keep pace.
I mean drat, I thought it was a cesspool before, but the brilliant bastards actually managed to make it worse somehow

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lol that the entire liberal project hinged on them never losing a single presidential election ever

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yinlock posted:

or maybe "i don't want an anti-womens-rights person to decide loving anything"

But they're FRIENDS! You can't expect Biden to violate the bro code!

Nichael posted:

these judges get appointed to other stuff
Not if you move to Kentucky and VOTE!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I'm curious what the average voter will think about Trump's "America First' campaign compared to Biden fresh off of 4 years of being lectured, confused, asleep, humiliated and literally making GBS threads his pants on the international stage.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The funny thing about liberal fixation with credentials is that it is entirely surface level, from the start intended as a rationalization rather than a guiding principle.

Nina Jankowicz had a non-tenure track appointment at the woodrow wilson center because of her connections, her one book on the matter came out at a press that is barely a step above a vanity press, and if you look at her citation count it is barely above what a grad student would have. A single one of my articles has more citations than all her publications combined, and she would have had a hard time finding a job at a community college.

It's like when Psaki's younger sister got the job at the HHS and to deny that her connections played any role they point to her PhD.

In either case, they'd struggle to find a job as an expert on the things they were hired to do for the government.

Not that academic hiring is in any way meritocratic and record driven. But they don't even have the super prestigious backgrounds that frequently trump actual scientific contribution.

So it's that little weird game. Republicans and conservatives don't care about their record. No academic or expert in those fields would select them as the top experts in those fields. But the credentials serve as a justification for the college educated professionals and journalists that are the target audience, while universities are more than willing to give them do nothing positions to be able to recruit off of them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i gotta say Iran really scored a diplomatically significant victory against the US because it revealed that you can’t trust america to honor any treaty no matter what for longer than the current presidents term.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RandolphCarter posted:

the average American soon

If the average american had the intestinal fortitude of eddie kingston we wouldn't be in this mess

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*puts finger to earpiece* tom i'm getting reports that iran called the president a "little bitch boy"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

i gotta say Iran really scored a diplomatically significant victory against the US because it revealed that you can’t trust america to honor any treaty no matter what for longer than the current presidents term.

Iran even negotiated themselves down to "well can you at least guarantee that you won't renege under the current president" and the US team still wouldn't commit

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No lies detected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

if they even TRY to replace the EPA we burn the entire loving thing* down

*all the coal in west virginia