Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PITY BONER posted:

guys stop pissing in the hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Crust First posted:

May as well post this here too, for all the Dr Craig Wright fans:

Turns out you can just claim to own bitcoin addresses and wait for someone to say "nuh-uh", and then when they don't you get to own the bitscoin?

I wonder what the "lowercase f" thing is about - BTC and legacy BCH use the exact same address format, so changing the case will completely invalidate the address

also that 1feex address was infamously involved in the mtgox thefts so craig is implicitly claiming he had something to do with that

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Deptfordx posted:

Boy you've sure showed us.

Tell us more about the bright crypto future oh glorious golden god.

Do you have a crypto project you'd care to recommend to us by any chance?

I have a few whitepapers of some exciting new projects I can link to, but I am sure you pessimists would just rag on them, since that's the whole point of this thread. If you're serious about making passive wealth without having a "side hustle," PMs are open for anyone interested.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

PITY BONER posted:

I have a few whitepapers of some exciting new projects I can link to, but I am sure you pessimists would just rag on them, since that's the whole point of this thread. If you're serious about making passive wealth without having a "side hustle," PMs are open for anyone interested.

I'm only interested in oportunities that allow me to use slurp juices on multiple apes, do you have anything in that realm?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
hm i suppose i might condescend to sharing the secret of infinite free money, on the off chance that there's anyone in the thread who isn't just a jealous hater

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Get ready folks. Bitcoin real drop is going to start happening with this as people start to walk away for good. Ponzi's over.
https://twitter.com/ernesturtasun/status/1542217821958115332
https://twitter.com/ernesturtasun/status/1542217828216066048

Wait, Bitcoin is going to follow fiat money government rules and that's GOOD now?

Isn't this like the Joker walking out on stage at the Crime Convention and announcing that actually the Gotham PD is great and showing off his new badge and telling everyone to sign up for the force? Look how much fun it is being a copper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_7urB6CMgk&t=30s

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they are just a couple of nice old folks who got taken in by fraudsters themselves, the OP still needs to tell them to gently caress off because it's pretty evident that they bought into this particular butts Ponzi scheme, are about to lose their butts (both electronic butts and likely in the real world as well, depending on how much money they have sunk into this scam), and desperately need a new supply of marks to help them stay afloat. These sweet old people are going to be like the goddamn Terminator, relentlessly pursuing OP and their family until they either give in or die.

The duality of being both a victim and a complicit fraudster in a ponzi scheme isn't even new, it's been a core part of MLM scams since forever. Sinking all of your money into FraudCoin makes you a victim, aggressively on-boarding your neighbors and demanding their SSNs makes you a willing party to the fraud activity. Acknowledging the former without acknowledging the latter makes you a mark.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

JonathonSpectre posted:

Isn't this like the Joker walking out on stage at the Crime Convention and announcing that actually the Gotham PD is great and showing off his new badge and telling everyone to sign up for the force? Look how much fun it is being a copper!

With the way cops behave, this actually tracks pretty well

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PITY BONER posted:

I don't understand this thread. You guys are just sitting around all day making fun of people who are trying to make their lives better. When the crypto market goes poorly, you laugh and joke while you kick people who are down. Do you know how sociopathic that this? You guys must be losers who missed your opportunity to get into crypto early and become rich beyond your wildest dreams. You're just jealous and bitter because your pessimism about new technology kept you back from investing in a truly marvelous future.

I feel like this is a quote from someone else, but I can't remember who.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

PITY BONER posted:

You should send these project managers this whitepaper, I'm sure they'll find it's full of useful ideas.

https://nugencoin.com/asset/pdf/Nugen-whitepaper-v1.1.pdf

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

PITY BONER posted:

But you don't have platinum and thus don't have PMs

:sad:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

EorayMel posted:

But you don't have platinum and thus don't have PMs

:sad:

Gotta stay liquid for new crypto investments

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Pirate Captain posted:

The best part is that there’s no evidence at all that an actual coin even exists. Just a webpage that lists your balance, but there’s no way to transfer it, cash out, or do anything else with it. A crypto coin scam where they’re too lazy to even make a coin, and people still fall for it.

I've made jokes about with how tech illiterate, greedy and credulous people are you could easily make a Bitcoin scam without even so much as touching the tech, and I suppose someone was gonna do it.

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

day 2 in my attempt to time the market with tesla puts: hmm these options are more expensive than I thought. gotta move the house payment around a bit and pay rent late and i'll be good. did some research by looking at a couple posts on wsb and some rando's blog. got out all my finance books but don't really feel like reading them, might skim them a bit. the journey continues.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Foo Diddley posted:

hm i suppose i might condescend to sharing the secret of infinite free money, on the off chance that there's anyone in the thread who isn't just a jealous hater

Infinite free money is for paid subscribers only, the free tips are for making an extra 20k/month guaranteed, duh

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

3hands posted:

hmm these options are more expensive than I thought.

Lol. I took a look at some 100pt OTM January expirys and it’s ~8.5k per put.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Piggy, do not leave the responsibility with your kids to protect themselves and their info from these people. I was one of the people who thought you could try a kind but firm approach at first but that's not working and they are going after your kids now! If that was my kid it would be no more loving decorum time for me, I would be telling them in writing not to contact my children again without me present and that if there are any further requests for my personal info I will be talking to authorities about next steps. And that is a lot more civil sounding than I would actually be at the time.

You might be willing to suffer more of this bullshit yourself to keep the peace, but you need to think about your family. Even if nothing bad comes from the coin situation, you are showing your family that if someone threatens them, they should worry more about being polite than protecting themselves. You're showing your 19 year old daughter that she should just smile and let people keep harassing her if they won't take no for an answer.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Facts or Feelings? Bitcoin Allocation Makes Sense Even in Nasty Bear Markets

quote:

Whenever bitcoin moves into a bear market, the victory laps commence.
My personal favorites are those who have been “anti-bitcoin” for years, often academic types that told you when BTC price was sub-$100 that it was a scam. Then they state how they were right at $20,000 bitcoin – the irony is rich.

SHAME ON YOU ALL!

SHAME!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh is that goons kid(s??) actual 19? I hope you got them a secure/student card and do the one good thing they can do while they get college debt. or whatever dumb young adult thing kids do these days.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

PITY BONER posted:

how much money have you lost in the last six months

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

the Mannlicher 1894.

Call me :wink:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

punishedkissinger posted:

how much money have you lost in the last six months

Did you know you can look at someone’s post history in the thread and find out if they are joking or serious?

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
*opens poo poo umbrella*

piggy is trying to defuse this gracefully because he has a 20 year agreement to live next to these people (a mortgage) and raise his kids next to them

as much as we all fantasize about him dunking a basketball on these MLMers heads, it's not a loving mystery why he's choosing not to slam the conflict button on this. eventually they'll get bored or realize they got scammed or something, and he'll be less likely to have neighbors that call the HOA or the city on him for planting the wrong color flowers.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else real hungry for GRAPHS

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Depends, does line go down?

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

This is the weirdest part of not just bitcoin, but a lot of tech evangelism. You motherfuckers created a totally future proof system that

-depends entirely on universal, permanent internet access despite any kind of world events that might alter that situation
- access is currently and probably always going to be fully facilitated by a few private entities who can decide they don't want you or your traffic
- and they can just be compelled not to carry your traffic by lawmakers

as long as we live outside history and nothing ever changes again, it's an impervious system!

Also, without deliberate regulation, capitalism will automatically centralise anything that is decentralised because centralisation is cheaper.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

wyoak posted:

word i wasn't sure

does binance just spin off NOTbinance.com sorta like binance.us?

Ha, no. They'll follow regulations because why should they have to give a poo poo? They want everyone to trade so they can make money off the fees, off liquidating their users off arbitraging their users, etc. What's better than saying "We're following all the regulations!" for getting customers?

JonathonSpectre posted:

Wait, Bitcoin is going to follow fiat money government rules and that's GOOD now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_7urB6CMgk&t=30s

ha, I meant that they're hosed really. Didn't the thread say that like 10-20%+ of crypto was illicit transactions?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

LifeSunDeath posted:

y'all dippin'?

Sir or madam, please reconsider your dip strategy. For example, if you are trying to get the most returns out of the dip, you'll have to start with bodyweight and then move on to weights. They aren't called "the upper body squat" for no reason. If you invest 20 minutes, 2-3 times per week, you'll get up to 50% returns.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Did you know you can look at someone’s post history in the thread and find out if they are joking or serious?
I am disappointed that so many people got riled up. I've been trying to keep some thread regular status, but I guess PITY BONER is all out of luck.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Piggy Smalls, I am a licensed Wallet Inspector, please PM me ASAP.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

:getin:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

notwithoutmyanus posted:

What's better than saying "We're following all the regulations!" for getting customers?

I mean arguably "we're not following the regulations" is better. Coinbase is doing terribly in part because they are rolling out extra kyc stuff that binance and ftx don't pretend to both with.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
WHY WON"T THE JUST LET US SCAM?!?!?!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

"Zoom out," they say.

Now listen, I'm no smarty pants, but I'm told line goes up?? What gives??

Anyone care to put some colorful lines on these to put my ape brain at ease?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Protocol7 posted:

Now listen, I'm no smarty pants, but I'm told line goes up?? What gives??

Anyone care to put some colorful lines on these to put my ape brain at ease?

These graphs are VERY MISLEADING, they aren't even logarithmic!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Line look sick, line look dying.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
A few weeks ago, i went to a graduation party and my brother-in-law's cousin was talking to him about "Gonna retire as soon as my crypto rebounds. Conventional investing is dead."

I don't know what he meant by 'conventional investing" but I smile every time i think about it

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I'm the $48 drop on the 1-minute chart:

Very stable riches!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

HolHorsejob posted:

*opens poo poo umbrella*

piggy is trying to defuse this gracefully because he has a 20 year agreement to live next to these people (a mortgage) and raise his kids next to them

as much as we all fantasize about him dunking a basketball on these MLMers heads, it's not a loving mystery why he's choosing not to slam the conflict button on this. eventually they'll get bored or realize they got scammed or something, and he'll be less likely to have neighbors that call the HOA or the city on him for planting the wrong color flowers.

Sounds like a place not worth living in or raising your kids in. You can't protect yourself against neighborhood scammers because they'll retaliate through the HOA? Why would anyone live there?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Hey! Bitcoin didn't do anything to any of you! Shame on you! It just wanted to insert itself into everything as a parasitic middle man burning electricity at an irresponsible rate and all you loving Steven Status Quos are in here wallowing in schadenfreude, defending "Big Bank", and jerking off daddy fiat! Absolutely despicable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
buttcoin