Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Oh blessed Tonberry, the most amazing exp sack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

cant cook creole bream posted:

You are going to kill the optional bosses, right?

Danaru posted:

Yes, absolutely

He will do it. Dan wouldn't lie to us.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Some of it I'm gonna do off screen, I genuinely think Grace would just leave if I tried to get him to watch me dodge lightning, but yeah I wanna 100% the game :v:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

...you poor, poor bastard.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

I wanna 100% the game :v:

:stare:

Record the lightning dodging. I honestly just want to look at the time bar on the video and shake my head at the size of the number on the right, although I will also skip around and listen for any exciting new profanity I haven't heard before.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You shut up I'm epic, plus if I can get Grace away from cold steel for more than ten minutes, I have some plans to make life easier.

not in the sense of using outside influences, but in the Morrowind style of "the devs didn't plan for me jungle juicing all the abilities and now the game crashes whenever I punch someone"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Ok, if there's a way to cheat/cheese your way through/around lightning dodging, definitely record and explain it, because I want to also do it.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Oh I'm not doubting your epicness, it just sounds intensely unfun even for the epic.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

Ok, if there's a way to cheat/cheese your way through/around lightning dodging, definitely record and explain it, because I want to also do it.

I wish :negative:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

There actually is, first of all, you need zero encounters. That one is mandatory.
There is one spot which is a bit weird because it is hard triggered to always zap you the instant you enter it. So that is the fastest and most consistent way to do it.
Alternatively, there is one spot where you are wedged in, so you just dodge to the same exact position. That means that you'd just keep on pressing x when it flashes and doing nothing else. That one is torture. But I think you can ignore the zero encounters thing, because you aren't actually moving.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the way to dodge the lighting bolts is to google "ffx save editor" and make the game think you dodged all the lightning bolts

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I got the remaster on Switch, I don't think there is an editor. :negative:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Alternatively you just use remote play and let a script handle it. (or this one)

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 30, 2022

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Akratic Method posted:

I got the remaster on Switch, I don't think there is an editor. :negative:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ffxed-final-fantasy-x-save-editor.543741/ :toot:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

:toot: indeed! Thank you!

I wonder what it feels like to have made a mini-"game" so unfun that multiple different people have written code to avoid it.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Danaru posted:

You shut up I'm epic, plus if I can get Grace away from cold steel for more than ten minutes, I have some plans to make life easier.

not in the sense of using outside influences, but in the Morrowind style of "the devs didn't plan for me jungle juicing all the abilities and now the game crashes whenever I punch someone"

I dunno if this guide is too time-consuming for what you have in mind, but it can't hurt to share.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

A lot of the superboss suggestions I've seen have opined that Break HP Limit isn't actually worth it and you're better off giving everyone Auto-Phoenix, so that seems like an awful lot of HP nodes. But then again, I'm not counting the e.g. Strength nodes, so I guess if there's enough there to hit the hard cap when they're all +4s, I guess what else do you do with the remaining nodes?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 61 - Well, We Did Meet Her

I was gonna release this tomorrow, but gently caress it

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Grace should i play cold steel

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GrandmaParty posted:

"If you like JRPGs that are" and then I kinda stopped listening so

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

GrandmaParty posted:

if you like very very long jrpgs i have been playing this for two months now the first two were at least 60 hours each and the third was like 80, and i'm still going in this one and I'm at like 75 hours

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Note that they are a very long interconnected series of games starting at Trails in the Sky FC (going on through, in order, SC, 3rd, Zero, Azure, CS1, CS2, CS3, CS4, Reverie) and a lot of the games kind of expect you to be familiar with the previous ones. There's a bit of a soft reset at Cold Steel 1 but by Cold Steel 3 they're referencing the older ones heavily again. That's not to say that you'll be completely lost or anything, if you want to just start with CS3 and ignore all the previous ones go ahead I suppose, but just so you're aware.

They can be an enjoyable time, but be prepared for very very slow pacing at times.

Also if you're planning to play on PC I'll selfishly recommend SenPatcher for improving your experience with CS1-4.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Note that they are a very long interconnected series of games starting at Trails in the Sky FC (going on through, in order, SC, 3rd, Zero, Azure, CS1, CS2, CS3, CS4, Reverie) and a lot of the games kind of expect you to be familiar with the previous ones. There's a bit of a soft reset at Cold Steel 1 but by Cold Steel 3 they're referencing the older ones heavily again. That's not to say that you'll be completely lost or anything, if you want to just start with CS3 and ignore all the previous ones go ahead I suppose, but just so you're aware.

They can be an enjoyable time, but be prepared for very very slow pacing at times.

Also if you're planning to play on PC I'll selfishly recommend SenPatcher for improving your experience with CS1-4.

Hey I appreciate that link. I've had FC on Steam for the longest time but just haven't gotten around to it.

I've been keeping my eye on them for years now but the price for the PC release, even on sale, always seemed too high to me. It has not decreased at all over the years. Somebody the other day said it's because XSEED is allergic to sales or discounts.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
There is a road to Bevelle at the far end of Macalania Woods, near the Calm Lands. You can never use it during the game.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
can't believe Gooba& didn't follow up attacking and dethroning god with a good ol' game of BLIZZBAW

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 62 - Please Let Me Leave This

Hell yeah I love half remembering stuff

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

If you kill the fish guy (loving rad design btw) while he has vored somebody he just fuckin wipes your whole party. Definitely happened to me a couple times.

SoundwaveAU fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 4, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That guy drops a random zero encounters weapon in 50 percent of the cases. Back when I play that, I was especially lucky, because that gave Khimari something to contribute.

Weirdly enough, zero encounters is not modifiable to weapons and only to armor. I suspect that he was supposed to drop something else, but they mixed up some bit at some point.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've killed him offscreen like five times now and he won't drop it :negative:

Next episode might be a bit, I'm starting a new shift (full time hours :toot:) which is shaking up our schedule a lot

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

Next episode might be a bit, I'm starting a new shift (full time hours :toot:) which is shaking up our schedule a lot

Like, you only had a half-day work previously and have a full one now? Congrats.

If you don't want to fight that guy, you can go to the monster arena and continuously fight the "Ghost" instead. (The stupid demon who kept casting doom until you doomed him back)
Might be faster.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Snippets from my offscreen stuff tonight:

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1545474132426506242

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1545522806682705925

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1545520716304588818

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Continuing fine, I see. Brother is ridiculously good.
I was considering making a sarcastic remark about suggesting to collect one more balloon. But I don't want to be an rear end in a top hat. Honestly, you're really close and you can do it!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Yep, the ronso are absolute loving clowns when faced with Brother's speed. You can easily win by double-digits.

And you're so close to that Sun Sigil! Which... uh... doesn't matter at all until you have the power to beat Dark Bahamut, as it won't do a thing without the Sun Crest from Yunalesca's room. But I'll still be impressed if you beat the chocobo race, for what that's worth.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

The celestial weapons that any playthrough can get no matter what poo poo you missed earlier are Rikku, Auron and Kimahri.

Lulu and Wakka as well, but Wakka's takes a lot of Blitzball, which isn't a problem, but I always prefer to space it out rather than grinding it all at once. Lulu's requires the lightning dodging which is obviously notorious. I've done it twice but most people put it off for as long as possible.

So I think it's best to get Rikku, Auron and Kimahri as buff as possible and use them to carry you until you're strong enough/pay enough to get past any pesky roadblocks stopping you from getting to the others.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

And you're so close to that Sun Sigil! Which... uh... doesn't matter at all until you have the power to beat Dark Bahamut, as it won't do a thing without the Sun Crest from Yunalesca's room. But I'll still be impressed if you beat the chocobo race, for what that's worth.

Oh yeah, there's that. We did try to warn you there.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The thing that got me about the Brother Blitzball thing is Brother being on screen for the scoring animation and the ball coming from behind.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1545900717558333440

I saved you all from three hours of horrible controls and terrible RNG.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

:golfclap:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Bronze?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I thought the same thing, how was that an equal achievement to literally just doing story beats