Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

When I was putting together my Rocketeer display collection I considered printing a copy of this newspaper but ultimately decided I didn’t want a swastika hanging up in my home, no matter the context around it.

I realize a lot of people would have no issue with it, but it wasn’t for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
McFarlane Batman '66 Batcyle

https://www.target.com/p/dc-retro-batman-66-action-figure-batcycle-with-sidecar/-/A-86220197#lnk=sametab

'66 Mr Freeze

https://www.target.com/p/dc-retro-batman-66-action-figure-mr-freeze-otto-preminger/-/A-86220195#lnk=sametab

There are Batman and Joker variants in black & white as well.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Reconsidering my relationship with my collection and I think it might be time to sell off some things. I know there are some newer Dragonball Figuarts collectors in here. If there's interest I will probably make an SA-Mart thread in the coming weeks. Everything I have is complete with accessories and boxes and have only been minimally posed. Gotta price things out but watch this space if you're interested I guess.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I love Weird War II stuff so the closest thing to Nazi-adjacent stuff I’ve got are some of the bad guys from the old 2008 Indiana Jones line (with Indy punching them out), a Hellboy Kroenen movie figure in the SS outfit (with Hellboy punching him out), and a comic book Hellboy figure of a Nazi head in a jar with little spider legs.

I was at a toy convention a couple weeks ago and some guy had 1/6 scale Nazi officer figures, I dunno how I feel about that.

Other than that my Weird War II shelves are a bunch of WWII Captain America and Captain Carter and Hydra Stomper, Rocketeer, the 1/6 scale Terror Billy figure from the Wolfenstein The New Colossus special edition, and the Panzerhund from the Wolfenstein The New Order special edition, and some other odds and ends.

Having the fictional stuff feels okay, I don’t even mind if the fictional stuff has swastikas on it because it’s silly fantastical fiction stuff, but having an actual action figure of a historical Nazi feels weird.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I really want to like all the McFarlane '66 Batman figures but I just can't after the '66 Batman NECA produced years ago, which is superior in every way. These look and feel cheap by comparison and the disgusting and draconian crotch articulation cuts look awful.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is there a good place to buy Gunpla kits in the UK? I feel like dipping my toe.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

I really want to like all the McFarlane '66 Batman figures but I just can't after the '66 Batman NECA produced years ago, which is superior in every way. These look and feel cheap by comparison and the disgusting and draconian crotch articulation cuts look awful.

These are at the cheaper price point and are "basic" or retro styled in their articulation. I get not caring for that, but the look is what they are going for.

The NECA Batman is a great figure though. I had the 1/4 scale Batman but his leg broke off straight out of the package. I have most of the figures from the Mattel line back in the day and those are nice too, for older mattel figures that is.

I just love Batman 66.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Is there a good place to buy Gunpla kits in the UK? I feel like dipping my toe.

Check the Gunpla thread, they should know https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

need that batcycle for my SH Figuarts Ultras.

I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't an Eartha Kitt version of the Catwoman, but perhaps she will be made later.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

The articulation looks like they pulled the moulds from the old early 2000s DC Direct figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
e: ^, YES, exactly what they remind me of.

Joe Fisto posted:

These are at the cheaper price point and are "basic" or retro styled in their articulation. I get not caring for that, but the look is what they are going for.

The NECA Batman is a great figure though. I had the 1/4 scale Batman but his leg broke off straight out of the package. I have most of the figures from the Mattel line back in the day and those are nice too, for older mattel figures that is.

I just love Batman 66.

Yeah I keep forgetting they're "basic" figures but the weird crotches still hark back to older McFarlane cuts and the older DC lines. If they fixed that piece they'd actually be pretty good. Just seems like a weird mix of child toy and collector instead of going all in one way or another.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't an Eartha Kitt version of the Catwoman, but perhaps she will be made later.

There is! I asked a few pages ago if there’s a better one though, the face looks a bit “off” to me but that’s going off a tiny thumbnail on my phone so maybe she looks better in person.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

There is!

https://www.target.com/p/retro-batman-66-39-6-34-action-figure-catwoman-target-exclusive/-/A-84832591

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ooh! Thank you!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Reconsidering my relationship with my collection and I think it might be time to sell off some things. I know there are some newer Dragonball Figuarts collectors in here. If there's interest I will probably make an SA-Mart thread in the coming weeks. Everything I have is complete with accessories and boxes and have only been minimally posed. Gotta price things out but watch this space if you're interested I guess.

I'm definitely not a 'new' collector of the line, but I've taken a long hiatus. You likely have more than a few pieces that I have missing in my collection.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’d definitely be interested in DB Figuarts

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Previous post linked here!

Anyone interested in some imports or Wolverines?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

Sell your other wolverines you coward

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

thiccabod posted:

Sell your other wolverines you coward

Everything is for sale if the price is right.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 30, 2022

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Fisto posted:

Everything is for sale if the price is right.

I'll take Dazzler and Havok... maybe that Prof and the Cyclops too.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

Is that the Ant Man with the Paul Rudd head?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I'll take Dazzler and Havok... maybe that Prof and the Cyclops too.

You got it!

Nanigans posted:

Is that the Ant Man with the Paul Rudd head?

No, it was a super basic release. Just the main figure and a couple hands.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll be mad forever that Hot Toys never got out Romero Joker - they even molded the mustache under the make up!!!

A pimp till the end.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Thank you Joe for the Hulk, your shipping was super fast and well done. Cat approves.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

How much for Gambit? That looks way better than the last one you posted. Are you just holding out on us? Do you have some kind of goat gambit figure you’re saving till the lesser ones are bought up? :)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Thank you Joe for the Hulk, your shipping was super fast and well done. Cat approves.

Very glad cat approves.

Bulgaroctonus posted:

How much for Gambit? That looks way better than the last one you posted. Are you just holding out on us? Do you have some kind of goat gambit figure you’re saving till the lesser ones are bought up? :)

Oh let's say 45 bux on that one, he's all fancy and Japanese. Also; check your dms.

I did get some cool guys to keep over the past couple days

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

got The Dude from Sideshow. excited to finally have this, i pre-ordered it about a year ago.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like that his base is The Rug.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cloks posted:

got The Dude from Sideshow. excited to finally have this, i pre-ordered it about a year ago.

Holy gently caress this is SO good!!!

E: oh my god it’s still in stock…

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That sweater is really well done.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That base really ties the display together.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hell yeah, Kanan’s saber won that poll

https://twitter.com/disneyparks/status/1542542273581387789?s=21&t=Ef5Jsy74bnW4N16eL5gLcw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No that’s Caleb Dume.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

I wanted to get this guy so bad but the price just killed it for me. It's a beautiful figure, and I love the base. I just wish it came with a bathrobe as well.

The dude abides.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

No that’s Caleb Dume.

DOOOOOOM

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sick! Where'd you find the Beast Man? I'm waiting for that stormshadow wave to hit bbts, first full wave I've ordered.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Sick! Where'd you find the Beast Man? I'm waiting for that stormshadow wave to hit bbts, first full wave I've ordered.

Found him today at Target, on a random end cap. Storm Shadow and Croc Master both shipped from Amazon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bought a zurg toy today. Gonna see if I can repaint it and add a head sculpt to turn it into a lex luthor in battle armor. Wish me luck!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

No that’s Caleb Dume.

I mean, technically.

It’s funny how they clearly were like “poo poo, we already had Kanan’s saber on the last poll and it lost, how do we give this a second chance?” and the answer was “clean it up and call it Caleb Dume’s”.

I’ll accept it :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bought a zurg toy today. Gonna see if I can repaint it and add a head sculpt to turn it into a lex luthor in battle armor. Wish me luck!

Got really confused before I realized zurg /= zerg.