Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The 90s were a great time in PC gaming. Our standards changed so loving fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Only one runner had a dog on the couch, bad marathon. Start over.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
What a thrill

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

I wonder how much the mask requirement hurt attendance. I applaud them for enforcing the mask requirement though.

They capped it at 1500 but it was filling out pretty slowly towards the end.

There were not enough hotel guests yesterday for the Doubletree to bake free cookies though lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

uh yea hollow knight is not the game i'd say is this game's primary visual influence, lol

ori & the climb up the mountain

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

unreal looked sick when it released tbf

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Feels Villeneuve posted:

unreal looked sick when it released tbf

Honestly I think its more ridiculous these days when media is like 'look at how incredible the graphics are' and its zooming in on individual hair follicles of some generic white dude's beard.

Like yeah it looks good but we passed the point where advances in graphics stopped being impressive.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The PC Gamer reveal of Doom 3 was my "computer graphics can't possibly get better than this" moment lol

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi GDQ thread
I'm getting tired lol

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hi GDQ thread
I'm getting tired lol

You're doing good! Make sure to hydrate!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hook some red bull into your veins.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I love that Red Bull will attend almost everything and give out free poo poo.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hi GDQ thread
I'm getting tired lol

Hi, getting tired!
(Edit) Also, greetings from like 10ft behind Cartridgeblowers at the head donation desk

Musical_Daredevil fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 30, 2022

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Good job GDGoons

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hi GDQ thread
I'm getting tired lol

you're doing great!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
excellent hosting work carti-b

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly I think its more ridiculous these days when media is like 'look at how incredible the graphics are' and its zooming in on individual hair follicles of some generic white dude's beard.

Like yeah it looks good but we passed the point where advances in graphics stopped being impressive.

The most visually impressive video game thing I've seen to date is a guy taking a bite out of a piece of bread in Yakuza 7. It's all about animation now.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Food in Yakuza always looks unreasonably good, sometimes in 6 I just wander around visiting the restaurants

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just realized that the schedule being pushed back means I'll be home in time to see Metal Gear Rising Revengeance live :woop:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I love the controller setup for this game.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ZiegeDame posted:

The most visually impressive video game thing I've seen to date is a guy taking a bite out of a piece of bread in Yakuza 7. It's all about animation now.

You should see some of the poo poo they're working on in naturalistic fabric draping. Game changing.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It is only now, tuning back in while running an errand, that I remember Tilt and Tumble was the Gameboy cart with the gyroscope. I can't stop giggling about having to weild an entire Gamecube to stream this.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i've watched a lot of xenoblade chronicles 1/2 gameplay and i still have no goddamn clue how the battle system works

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Vermain posted:

i've watched a lot of xenoblade chronicles 1/2 gameplay and i still have no goddamn clue how the battle system works

I think your characters do damage every time you complain on twitter that they put clothing on children for the US release? I don't know a lot about the series, but the fans are super creepy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chainclaw posted:

I think your characters do damage every time you complain on twitter that they put clothing on children for the US release? I don't know a lot about the series, but the fans are super creepy.

this feels like one of those vocal extreme minority things because I've never seen this before

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

IcePhoenix posted:

this feels like one of those vocal extreme minority things because I've never seen this before

I have seen it but I'm not gonna say its the entire fandom. Xenoblade has some weird designs but I'm pretty sure 99% are adults and look like adults too.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

One of the characters in a Xenoblade is a 13 year old child who wears bikinis in the Japanese release, and wears actual clothing in the US release.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chainclaw posted:

One of the characters in a Xenoblade is a 13 year old child who wears bikinis in the Japanese release, and wears actual clothing in the US release.

yeah sure but that's not the specific part of the post I was calling out

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm ambivalent about Xenoblade 2 but having played Xenoblade X, I vehemently disagree with any assertions that its a good game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm ambivalent about Xenoblade 2 but having played Xenoblade X, I vehemently disagree with any assertions that its a good game.

Xenoblade 2 is so much better than X. Game rules

Vermain posted:

a very confusing but ultimately rewarding combat system. For real

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

the setting of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is great. Someone paused Soul Calibur for 10,000 years and life evolved on the bodies of the fighters. It's just like that episode of Futurama where Bender meets god.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah 1 and 2 play nothing like x, from what I've been told (never played x and have zero intention to)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah 1 and 2 play nothing like x, from what I've been told (never played x and have zero intention to)

This isn't really true, X plays more like 1 than 2 does tbh.

Biggest difference is being able to change classes on your characters.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Couch guy adding sound effects for all the super mega giga ultimate attacks is wonderful.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wasn't chuggaconroy a pretty popular somethingawful let's player way back in the day

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I think they were a youtuber LPer, not an SA one. They made peak 2007 style garbage.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Chuggaaconroy was/is an extremely comprehensive LPer. On a production value level I'd compare him to Chip Cheezum, way ahead of the curve in terms of editing and presentation.

However he's terminally unfunny and insists on reading out dialogue in exhausting voices.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

oh ok, i must have seen something he did at some point because i remember him from the dawn of let's playing which i mostly associate with sa

anyway, super looking forward to slime rancher

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

surprised they don't have a seizure warning up for this game, sheesh it's flashy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

170k in 6 and a half hours for the next bonus game seems...unlikely

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 30, 2022