Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Non-Fartable Token

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

:vince:

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Do buttcoins produce CO2? Because we might have an answer to this mentioned in the NUGEN whitepaper with the NUGEN Oxygen Coin (copy-pasted with the typoes left in):

"The detailed process includes, it utilizes a metallic catalyst with a biomass as a sacrificial catalyst to transform CO2 to carbon black, which has higha commercial value. CO2 will be stored in the geological caverns with no chances of leaking. Atmospheric CO2 is sucked and sent into a buffer tank. It will be released together with the biomass into a reactor. By pyrolyzing the biomass in a specially designed reactor, oxygen will be released into the atmosphere like a typical plant in photosynthesis. The resultant output of the system will be carbon black and water."

I salute the goon's boomer neighbors for investing in the future of our planet.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

The 10k steps are so obvious on this one. Just hanging out at 40k for a while, then 30k for a few weeks, now 20k for a few weeks.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rad Russian posted:

Do buttcoins produce CO2? Because we might have an answer to this mentioned in the NUGEN whitepaper with the NUGEN Oxygen Coin (copy-pasted with the typoes left in):

"The detailed process includes, it utilizes a metallic catalyst with a biomass as a sacrificial catalyst to transform CO2 to carbon black, which has higha commercial value. CO2 will be stored in the geological caverns with no chances of leaking. Atmospheric CO2 is sucked and sent into a buffer tank. It will be released together with the biomass into a reactor. By pyrolyzing the biomass in a specially designed reactor, oxygen will be released into the atmosphere like a typical plant in photosynthesis. The resultant output of the system will be carbon black and water."

I salute the goon's boomer neighbors for investing in the future of our planet.

Buttcoins produce methane, fool!

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

HappyHippo posted:

The 10k steps are so obvious on this one. Just hanging out at 40k for a while, then 30k for a few weeks, now 20k for a few weeks.

Umm, this guy says you're totally wrong. It's going back to $38k in a bit.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/3iTM96Pu-Bitcoin-The-Same-Altcoins-Bottom-Pattern-88-8-Target/

quote:

First, we have a low set 12-May followed by a lower low 18-June.
This is accompained by a strong increase in trading volume .

We also get divergence with the indicators, in this case we have the RSI but the MACD , Stochastic and others would also show the same bullish divergence .

After this initial pattern what follows is a break above EMA10 and then finally a jump that sends prices as high as EMA300/MA200 or higher based on what we are seeing coming from other charts.

This is all there is...
Patience is key.

Namaste.

No, this is NOT gibberish; those lines mean something.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Bros waking up to deflated apes, crashed wallets, and totally regulated markets.

And the goddamn suckers keep loving holding out hope LOL!!!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

HappyHippo posted:

oh sweet, so soon it'll be at 10k for a couple weeks, then it'll be at 0 and we'll be done finally

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Did everybody see this Guardian article?

quote:

The world’s biggest marketplace for non-fungible tokens (NFTs) has warned its users to be on the alert for email phishing attacks following a massive data leak.

OpenSea, where traders exchange the crypto assets, told customers and newsletter subscribers not to open emails and files “sent by strangers” after revealing the breach.

It said its email database had been passed to an unnamed “unauthorised external party” by an employee at a firm used by OpenSea to send automated emails.

“We recently learned that an employee of Customer.io, our email delivery vendor, misused their employee access to download and share email addresses – provided by OpenSea users and subscribers to our newsletter – with an unauthorised external party,” said OpenSea.

It added that the potential impact was widespread. “If you have shared your email with OpenSea in the past, you should assume you were impacted.” OpenSea said the incident had been reported to law enforcement.

New York-based OpenSea said there may be a “heightened likelihood” for email phishing attempts targeting people whose data has been leaked. Phishing attacks involve tricking victims via email into downloading malware or handing over their login details. According OpenSea’s website, it has more than 600,000 users.

In a message sent to those affected, OpenSea urged users to be “extra cautious” about email safety. The firm warned users to avoid emails that impersonate its opensea.io domain and not to download anything from an opensea email, as well as avoiding opening any emails or files from strangers.

A customer.io spokesperson said: “We are working closely with OpenSea and are reviewing exactly how these email addresses were compromised. We believe this resulted from the actions of an employee who had role-specific access privileges that were abused.”

OpenSea has suffered other security incidents this year. In February an estimated $1.7m (£1.4m) worth of NFTs were stolen from the platform in an apparent phishing attacks, while in May OpenSea’s official Discord server was hacked.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The crypto Jesus is coming again soon, just as soon as he gets his United States citizenship back

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

ha, I meant that they're hosed really. Didn't the thread say that like 10-20%+ of crypto was illicit transactions?

No no, it’s that 10-20% of crypto wasn’t illicit transactions. Except it’s more like 1-2%

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

The Pirate Captain posted:

No no, it’s that 10-20% of crypto wasn’t illicit transactions. Except it’s more like 1-2%

Ah, my bad. So probably 80% of volume goes away? Clearly this is good for crypto. I watched a very large trade group try to tell people that in fact, price is going to go up. The schadenfreude should be fun to see.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Protocol7 posted:

Non-Fartable Token

Non-Frodo Tolkiens.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Non-Frodo Tolkiens.

WOW!

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Non-Frodo Tolkiens.

The Shillmarillion

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
When i was twelve, over the summer, my buddy and i talked about building a submarine; we drew pictures of the submarine and told each other adventures about discovering so many cool things at the bottom of the ocean.

As the summer ended, we realized that submarines were far, far more complicated than our twelve year old minds could comprehend, but it was still fun to hang out together.

the point of my little story is that crypto bros are stuck forever designing that submarine. over and over and over.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My analysis is indicating that we're in for a triple half-caf soy schroedinger's cat bounce soon, as we hit another bullish phase before going down to the gaps at $18.231k, $8999, $4438, and $420. May see a double-rolaids rally soon, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm just lolling over all this, though... even with the huge drops which obviously were always going to happen, I've still been able to get some pretty great returns for my clients by touching the poop. Thinking about taking a break, they say money doesn't buy happiness and I'm definitely learning that, might just sit back and lol at bitcoin for a bit instead. Anyway, PMs open.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Zathril posted:

The Shillmarillion

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

But I am the real Grifter, fortunately. I am Trump son of Trump; and if by life or death I can scam you, I will.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
What! We of the Crypt-Apes in days-of-yore
of the blockchain-kings glory heard,
how the DAO valor did.
Often DeFi son-of-CeFi from enemies’ investors
from many tribes private-keys took away 5
terrified exchanges.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Craptocurrency

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Pissandshitcoin

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Zathril posted:

The Shillmarillion

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Zathril posted:

The Shillmarillion

:golfclap:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Someone must have said kleptocurrency right

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Alright which one of you was on the Adam Conover podcast this week?

E: I just heard "comedy gold" come on speak up it's got to be one of you.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 30, 2022

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Gryftocurrency

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Oh hey is this a fresh new low? Maybe we see 17 this time?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tom Ponzidil

s'all I got

pofcorn
May 30, 2011
Helm's Dip

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pofcorn posted:

Hodl's Dip

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Alright which one of you was on the Adam Conover podcast this week?

E: I just heard "comedy gold" come on speak up it's got to be one of you.

I mean, George on Seinfeld called various funny things 'Gold', "It's GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!". Maybe it was George Costanza on the podcast did you ask him?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

Oh hey is this a fresh new low? Maybe we see 17 this time?

I have a script which polls bitcoin prices every minute and throws a chat notification whenever it drops to $100 below the previous lowest price.

Today's been a really fun one for that.

Big Beef City posted:

I mean, George on Seinfeld called various funny things 'Gold', "It's GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!". Maybe it was George Costanza on the podcast did you ask him?

That was Bania

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

Tom Ponzidil

s'all I got

Hi, ho, the derry-o, flowers, bees, and honey
Name's Tom Ponzadil, gimme all your money
I sing of getting rich--and quick!--in every ear I yodel
but don't ask whence the wealth appears: just hodl, hodl, hodl!

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

My analysis is indicating that we're in for a triple half-caf soy schroedinger's cat bounce soon, as we hit another bullish phase before going down to the gaps at $18.231k, $8999, $4438, and $420. May see a double-rolaids rally soon, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm just lolling over all this, though... even with the huge drops which obviously were always going to happen, I've still been able to get some pretty great returns for my clients by touching the poop. Thinking about taking a break, they say money doesn't buy happiness and I'm definitely learning that, might just sit back and lol at bitcoin for a bit instead. Anyway, PMs open.

Fantastic analysis, but according to my projections, I think the greatest support is at $1,488. Probably see a real blitz upwards after that, but I worry that we'll see a nasty crypto winter once the Russian economy gets its footing, and will retrace to previous levels. Hopefully the biggest miners can lend or lease more equipment to our beleaguered friends who are heroically hodl-ing in the meanwhile.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SatansOnion posted:

Hi, ho, the derry-o, flowers, bees, and honey
Name's Tom Ponzadil, gimme all your money
I sing of getting rich--and quick!--in every ear I yodel
but don't ask whence the wealth appears: just hodl, hodl, hodl!

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

Oh hey is this a fresh new low?

This year's lowest point was 17622 at June 18th.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 30, 2022

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

That was Bania

well whatever George was thinking it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pofcorn posted:

Helm's Dip

What good is the strength of Men against such reckless apes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Big Beef City posted:

They must have said it over a dozen times. Especially at the end. My bluetooth speaker was pretty much oozing "m'lady" vibes. I had the mental image of a fedora after 2 minutes.