Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

ethanol posted:

I got a new Apple Watch y’all. I’m measuring my heart rate blood oxygen content before and after reading this thread and I have bad news

:hb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

At this rate of increase I’ll be dead if I read the thread longer than 3 minutes

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ethanol posted:

At this rate of increase I’ll be dead if I read the thread longer than 3 minutes
Biometric feedback is really going to take the database to the next level.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
is there anything unsexier than an apple watch

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nawilo_420 posted:

your posts

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

nawilo_420 posted:

Imitation Apple watch?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

Biometric feedback is really going to take the database to the next level.

The trends are the real good part of the Apple Watch its too bad it takes a while till it shows up in the fitness app, once you get that stuff it really helps separate the signal from the noise.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
People throwing a piss fit about what Lewis wears is dumb. He's promoting young designers who wouldn't otherwise get the coverage.

It's so well documented at this point that anybody who brings it up should have whatever test it is to check for a chromosome count.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

People throwing a piss fit about what Lewis wears is dumb. He's promoting young designers who wouldn't otherwise get the coverage.

The only thing I really didn't like that he wore was those LV or Supreme overalls that looked hideous but his stuff lately has very much been on point.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Let's chat about what Lewis wore today, but eat a fuckin probe for making a joke about literal garbage people lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Let’s all get Garmin Fenix watches because they’re way cooler than apple watches

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dexo posted:

King poo poo

What temperature is it outside, who knows and who cares.

"Funny clothes" -
Russian oligarch Bernie

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Frond posted:

I don't get it. Also apparently they are looking at a full works effort in 2026 - their F1 R&D division has not been shut down.

they knew what was coming and didnt want to be associated with the racist trash

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dexo posted:

King poo poo

Poois Shamilton

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
he is already getting clowned by tatcher jr so i guess its ok he looks the part

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Bono my coats gone

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

https://es.pn/3OWBj4C

quote:

TOWCESTER, England -- Max Verstappen said the racial slur Nelson Piquet used to describe Lewis Hamilton is "not correct" but insisted the three-time world champion is "definitely not a racist."

Verstappen knows Piquet, the father of his girlfriend, Kelly, better than most in the Formula One paddock and was quick to say the 69-year-old should not have used the word he did.

This week, footage circulated of Piquet using a racial slur to describe Hamilton from a podcast recorded last year. Piquet, who apologised but claimed the word has two different meanings in Brazilian Portuguese, was talking about Verstappen's collision with Hamilton at last year's British Grand Prix when the word was used.

"Everyone is against racism, it's very straight," Verstappen said ahead of this year's Silverstone event. "There's nothing more you can make of that. I think the wording that was used, even with the different kind of cultures and things they probably said when they were younger, was not correct.

"Let it be a lesson for the future not to use that word because it's very offensive, especially nowadays it gains more traction."

Verstappen said it is unfair to call Piquet racist based on that one instance.

"I've spent a bit of time with Nelson, probably more than the average person in general, and he's definitely not a racist," Verstappen said. "He's actually a nice and pretty relaxed guy. Also the statement he released, I think you can see the word in two ways, but I think it is still just better not to use it.

"But it's not only about that word, it's not about the N-word, in general, it's using offensive language to anyone of any colour, is not correct. And that's what we have to work on all over the world, not just in F1 with Lewis but to anyone in the world."

When asked if he had talked to Piquet about it, Verstappen said: "It's not up to me to talk to my father-in-law. Like any of you [talking to your father-in-law] and say, 'Hey man, that's not correct.' I think he knows that himself."

F1 sources have told ESPN that Piquet has been banned from the paddock as a result of the racial slur, although they have not confirmed it publicly.

Although Piquet rarely visits the paddock, Verstappen does not think that is the right course of action.

"I think it's better to open a conversation than ban him. Because when you ban people, you are actually not even helping the situation, you are not talking.

"You have to communicate and communication is really important. Because if you just ban, it is not helping what you are trying to enforce, right? You are trying to educate people, so it is better to have a chat.

"As long as you learn from the mistake you made and the wording you used, I don't think you should be banned from the paddock. And especially a three-time world champion."
😬

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
english "people" will be so mad when frogboy wins this sunday lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm shocked Max said something like that.

Definitely not completely expected.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Heart rate alarm going off again

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

alright that should mean a Horner statement soon about definitely racism is bad but...

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Max: "I swear he's not a racist (to me), he just says racist things sometimes"

Waiting for the inevitable heated racer moment from Max. You have to know it's already happening.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Max could have said nothing of course, but nooope

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
How hard is it to just shut the gently caress up Max

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Starting to wonder if Red Bull even has a PR handler or if its just a loving free for all and Max goes into press conferences blind lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Like any moderately sized enterprise thats so sponsorship/advertising focused like this has to have a PR handler and if they're not brain dead they had to have seen this coming from like a loving mile away lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
look he says what he believes.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielricciardo/status/1542576425298976770

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is one of the rare moments when you want Jos to step in and say something, given that his last two girlfriends were/are black, I think the fact that he hasn't defended him says a lot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

This is one of the rare moments when you want Jos to step in and say something

There has never, in history been a moment where this was true

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

when the worst person you know calls you a dickhead...

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

quote:

When asked if he had talked to Piquet about it, Verstappen said: "It's not up to me to talk to my father-in-law. Like any of you [talking to your father-in-law] and say, 'Hey man, that's not correct.' I think he knows that himself."

Big news. Max and Kelly must've eloped without anyone finding out. That must be why Max seems a little mellower as of late. Before we know it, he's gonna be pushing a pram with a little froggy faced baby down the pit lane.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

italian quid posted:

Starting to wonder if Red Bull even has a PR handler or if its just a loving free for all and Max goes into press conferences blind lol

Considering their drivers are all the dumbest people imaginable I would think not.

I mean, Gasly and Tsunoda aren't, but the former has been badly burnt by them, the latter is actually a Honda driver.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

italian quid posted:

Like any moderately sized enterprise thats so sponsorship/advertising focused like this has to have a PR handler and if they're not brain dead they had to have seen this coming from like a loving mile away lol

Oh BTW Hitech retained Vips lmao.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Reddit comment posted:

Please read the article first, folks

Edit: I agree, the article's worse

lol

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Jos Verstappen is one of the dumbest F1 drivers of the modern era. We are talking Unser Jr. levels of dipshittery. Little Al at least meant well though.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Organization which hired Ticktum in TYOOL 2018 may not be the best judges of character.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Dexo posted:

King poo poo

This is probably my favourite of the outfits he's shown off. Stylish as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It's great.