Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Tiny Myers posted:

Young, capricious lordling who is far less intimidating than the more powerful antagonist he is derived from, who was foreshadowed to be the real threat for most of the comic

Having to sit through multiple slogs of him painfully interacting with several women in a way that reveals his lack of experience with social interaction, immaturity, and contempt for humanity

He has some weird antiquated misogyny going on

Violent as a solution to all of his problems

Comic started to get a lot more agonizing to read and dubiously characterized around the part where he came in

An interesting alternate universe version of a character was abruptly dumpstered from the comic for what felt like no reason

Comic's writing may have been derailed by the writer paying too much attention to the fanbase

Various things that were foreshadowed in the past as important either never come up or are resolved in an unsatisfyingly tidy fashion

Irritating pacing where it seems like something is finally going to happen and then everything grinds to a halt, as if to purposely frustrate the reader

Random exhausting conversations that are just paragraphs of characters talking over each other while we're begging for something to happen

:hmmyes:

Characters repeatedly under-reacting to world-altering events in favor of humorous asides.

Important character development happening off-screen, the only evidence of which being characters going "source: just trust me bro".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zimmy (Zimmy)

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
what's your dogsona

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Man if Loup is jealous of Renard and Annie now, imagine how jealous he'll be when Renard gets a sexy new body from Kat :ohdear:

Would humanized Renard still be Annie's familiar? Kinda has some weird connotations.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Tiny Myers posted:

Young, capricious lordling who is far less intimidating than the more powerful antagonist he is derived from, who was foreshadowed to be the real threat for most of the comic

Having to sit through multiple slogs of him painfully interacting with several women in a way that reveals his lack of experience with social interaction, immaturity, and contempt for humanity

He has some weird antiquated misogyny going on

Violent as a solution to all of his problems

Comic started to get a lot more agonizing to read and dubiously characterized around the part where he came in

An interesting alternate universe version of a character was abruptly dumpstered from the comic for what felt like no reason

Comic's writing may have been derailed by the writer paying too much attention to the fanbase

Various things that were foreshadowed in the past as important either never come up or are resolved in an unsatisfyingly tidy fashion

Irritating pacing where it seems like something is finally going to happen and then everything grinds to a halt, as if to purposely frustrate the reader

Random exhausting conversations that are just paragraphs of characters talking over each other while we're begging for something to happen

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/milkdrinker5000/status/1023731457850859520?lang=en

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

Man if Loup is jealous of Renard and Annie now, imagine how jealous he'll be when Renard gets a sexy new body from Kat :ohdear:

Would humanized Renard still be Annie's familiar? Kinda has some weird connotations.

and as we know, tom is an expert in avoiding weird connotations

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Potsticker posted:

Zimmy (Zimmy)
Lmfao I was trying to think of a way to do this joke but I couldn't figure out what character to do it with. Zimmy really is our closest Vriska analogue, huh

New page. Not really feeling the cartoony expressions. But at least they're asking pertinent questions, even if it feels kind of weird. Like I thought Eglamore and Parley were pretty clearly on Annie's side as far as "the court sucks and we need to catch Loup"? Have we seen anything to indicate they're not? Parley has magic powers and etheric ability so she's probably banned from NuCourt? Let's see what the brain trust in the Gunnerkrigg comments has to say.

Not sure what this guy is on about. Really? This scene? Not any of the other scenes with Annie getting pissed that were infinitely more powerful, including where her hair has literally caught fire?

quote:

This. This I think... I'm not sure where I saw it, but I recall at some point hearing or reading something about you saying that when you were creating Antimony Carver, that it was the red hair that hooked you. Like, as in once you understood what it said about her character, you knew you had a good one to work with. And when I think about like. What came to my mind when I heard that you had said that. It was this scene. I just didn't know it.
A few "Annie did nothing wrong" and a few "Annie did everything wrong"...

quote:

She's a child with Super-powers but still a child. She's got to stop thinking she's the only one that can do anything. This is what caused the former Forrest Faire kids to want to no longer have anything to do with her. So wrapped up in wanting to get something done that she does use others as game pieces. First against beings that know the rules of the game better than she did, and now against a being that doesn't care about the rules.

quote:

I wish Annie could better see how she just is not to blame for everything she tries to make things better... things that are generally screwed up because of OTHERS' mistakes in the first place.
People whose taste I truly cannot understand...

quote:

Ah, there's her anger. I think the sequence in this and the last page is one of my favorites in the comic so far
...And "hey Tom what the gently caress why did you approve this one".

quote:

Again, the female idiot doesn’t own up. She’s got to blame another and be pissed. ????

This comment is the best one though:

quote:

Meanwhile Parley turns into an electrical socket.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

She's a child with Super-powers but still a child. She's got to stop thinking she's the only one that can do anything. This is what caused the former Forrest Faire kids to want to no longer have anything to do with her. So wrapped up in wanting to get something done that she does use others as game pieces. First against beings that know the rules of the game better than she did, and now against a being that doesn't care about the rules.

Honestly this is completely on target with some of the weirdness of the comic. Annie behaves as a young adult novel protagonist in every way but the setting has changed where that is no longer appropriate, especially since she is barely the protagonist anymore!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Tiny Myers posted:

Like I thought Eglamore and Parley were pretty clearly on Annie's side as far as "the court sucks and we need to catch Loup"? Have we seen anything to indicate they're not?

I don't think we've seen anything to indicate that they are, either, though. Officially they are both Court employees / representatives and neither was around for Annie's conversation with Shell about the new Court and Loup. Even if they thought Annie taking matters into her own hands was appropriate, Eglamore has been highly overprotective of her in the past and I really doubt he'd want her to go it alone. And who knows, maybe the Court has been cooking up its own plan to catch Loup that we (and Annie) are unaware of? This stunt may have torpedoed that. I think his reaction makes sense.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

Potsticker posted:

Zimmy (Zimmy)

As much as we all may hate it the truer adaptation of this is "Tony (Tony)" given how Vriska was famed for inspiring pages and pages of furious discourse over whether or not she was the worst. Zimmy is basically just uncontroversially popular and has never actually done anything evil to argue about.

EDIT: also one could draw a connection between the way Vriska and Tony both sometimes came across as being pet characters that the whole story became about. Difference being that Hussie doubled down on it.

Riot Bus fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 30, 2022

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Riot Bus posted:

As much as we all may hate it the truer adaptation of this is "Tony (Tony)" given how Vriska was famed for inspiring pages and pages of furious discourse over whether or not she was the worst. Zimmy is basically just uncontroversially popular and has never actually done anything evil to argue about.

I think the big difference is that Vriska had periods of being likable and entertaining.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I don't remember any character looking at the camera and saying that Vriska doing hosed up poo poo was actually okay.

tbf I never did finish Homestuck so maybe that did happen.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

Potsticker posted:

I don't remember any character looking at the camera and saying that Vriska doing hosed up poo poo was actually okay.

tbf I never did finish Homestuck so maybe that did happen.

It did actually happen, yes. The entire narrative actually rewrote itself to justify her behavior.

Also YMMV over whether Vriska was ever likeable. Many would disagree. Including me. I do actually find Tony more likeable than her.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Riot Bus posted:

It did actually happen, yes. The entire narrative actually rewrote itself to justify her behavior.

:aloom:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

To be clear this is literal, the narrative was literally rewritten through the actions of the characters

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Riot Bus posted:

Also YMMV over whether Vriska was ever likeable. Many would disagree. Including me. I do actually find Tony more likeable than her.

Vriska also drove a teenager girl (who was in some way emotionally dependent on her for her own self-image (for convoluted multi-timeline reasons (the girl was also Vriska))) to tears after humiliating her and demolishing her psychologically, and then the girl's best friend ditched her for Vriska... hold on a second this is no longer funny

isasphere fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 30, 2022

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tom pls stop wasting electronic ink on these toothless subplots.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Vriskaposting is actually worse than Tonyposting. If you find yourself engaging in it, please stop using the internet forever. It's the only way to be sure.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

isasphere posted:

Vriska also drove a teenager girl (who was in some way emotionally dependent on her for her own self-image (for convoluted multi-timeline reasons (the girl was also Vriska))) to tears after humiliating her and demolishing her psychologically, and then the girl's best friend ditched her for Vriska... hold on a second this is no longer funny

Not just best friend, girlfriend. They kissed.

Yes I will never stop being angry about how (Vriska) was actually a cool and good version of Vriska and it sucked that upon achieving literally any self-reflection and peace from her traumas Hussie went "wait this makes the character boring better have her rip herself a new one"

Not as angry as I am about the insane fiasco of him (cw: weird sex bullshit from Homestuck's epilogue) turning Jane into a literal fascist who has weird sex with Gamzee in the epilogue, and then going into weird detail about Jade's dog genitalia, but, you know

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Tiny Myers posted:

Not just best friend, girlfriend. They kissed.

Yes I will never stop being angry about how (Vriska) was actually a cool and good version of Vriska and it sucked that upon achieving literally any self-reflection and peace from her traumas Hussie went "wait this makes the character boring better have her rip herself a new one"

Not as angry as I am about the insane fiasco of him (cw: weird sex bullshit from Homestuck's epilogue) turning Jane into a literal fascist who has weird sex with Gamzee in the epilogue, and then going into weird detail about Jade's dog genitalia, but, you know

I had forgotten that they were girlfriends, right!

As for the spoilered bits... I didn't know those things had happened but I'm also not surprised after reading that weird document that went on about the troll empress's life on Earth in uncomfortable detail.

You know what, at least Gunnerkrigg for all its awkward parts never outright crosses the line over to depravity. Like, I don't trust Tom's judgement anymore on many things, as an author, but I still see parts of the story I fell in love with in the first place, and they remain, at least from outward appearances, sincere attempts at telling a story for the sake of the story, not at playing weird gotcha games with the reader over and over.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

isasphere posted:

As for the spoilered bits... I didn't know those things had happened but I'm also not surprised after reading that weird document that went on about the troll empress's life on Earth in uncomfortable detail.

You know what, at least Gunnerkrigg for all its awkward parts never outright crosses the line over to depravity. Like, I don't trust Tom's judgement anymore on many things, as an author, but I still see parts of the story I fell in love with in the first place, and they remain, at least from outward appearances, sincere attempts at telling a story for the sake of the story, not at playing weird gotcha games with the reader over and over.

"at least he's not ruining the story on purpose"

:cry:

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

isasphere posted:

Yeah, it was written so that Jane's life directly paralleled the weird document. Including all the horrible sex poo poo.

And yeah, I think for all we're jokingly comparing it to Homestuck, we can all admit that Tom at least has some sense of integrity as a writer, and he's probably not purposely edging the audience with constantly raising tension and deflating it the way Hussie enjoyed doing - purposely, visibly mocking his audience for having any sense of emotional investment. The only time I've come close to "loving excuse me" in the same way was the weird scene with Lana being sexually accosted by the elves, and the scene where Annie looked directly into the camera and monologued about how extremely okay her relationship with her dad is.

By bringing up Homestuck to say why Gunnerkrigg is bad, we have inadvertently proved why Gunnerkrigg is not as bad as it seems.

Niavmai posted:

"at least he's not ruining the story on purpose"

:cry:
Lmao yeah I guess standards are pretty low around here

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The difference is that Tony's actions were terrible, but not unforgiveable. The problem is he has at no point taken any actions that would cause the readers to want to forgive him. He's not irredeemable but the story has at no point featured him trying to redeem himself.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Splicer posted:

The difference is that Tony's actions were terrible, but not unforgiveable. The problem is he has at no point taken any actions that would cause the readers to want to forgive him. He's not irredeemable but the story has at no point featured him trying to redeem himself.

Even if we saw him with a copy of "How to Talk to Your Teenage Daughter" and then miserably fail at interacting with her would go a long way. He doesn't have to do a good job, I just want to see him try.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Even if we saw him with a copy of "How to Talk to Your Teenage Daughter" and then miserably fail at interacting with her would go a long way. He doesn't have to do a good job, I just want to see him try.
Write her a note! Or show him struggling to write her a note! Replace the entire "no my father is good actually :)" chapter with a single page of Annie finding dozens of balled up papers all reading "Annie I *frustrated scrawl*"

e: "Hey Jones tell Annie she's a good daughter and I miss when I could talk to at least one of her"

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Splicer posted:

Yeah. Like I get it, he can't talk to Annie, but literally just have a scene of him saying to Jones or Donny or anyone else, "I wish I could apologize to her for everything I've done, I wish she could know how sorry I am." Instead it's all just like... "how could I do that to my own daughter, I'm a terrible father", which - maybe if you've never been in the situation yourself, you wouldn't understand the distinction, but it's a far cry from actually wanting to apologize and take responsibility. Not saying Tom hasn't, as people have pointed out he's apparently said it's based on his relationship with his own father, I just mean if anyone is reading my post like "wtf, that seems specific".

Like, go back and read The Mind Cage or Annie And The Fire. Not a single word about wanting to apologize to her. The closest thing to acknowledging her feelings is "How could she live with the man who killed her mother?", which still ignores, you know, the profound emotional trauma of growing up without a father especially after losing your mom, and completely robs her of agency in the matter - it's not as if he ever asked his young and traumatized daughter if she'd prefer not to lose her father too, after all. He just decided that on his own, and I'm sure not wanting to be around the little girl who looks like his dead wife had nothing to do with it.

It all comes back to his own feelings. We have no textual indication he would actually apologize, only "well I would want to if I was in that situation" (e.g. common sense).

You see, the difficult thing for a lot of people to accept or understand - and I've gone through therapy about this, and dealt with it extensively - is that self-loathing and guilt can actually be easy by comparison because they center your own feelings. They place you in control, in a way. Nobody else is punishing you because you get to punish yourself. There's a kind of safety in it, despite how bad it feels.

A true apology means acknowledging the OTHER person's feelings and how your actions hurt them, and taking responsibility to improve, and also accepting the risk that they may say things that are hurtful to you (and likely justified), reveal some additional hurt you've caused, and/or choose not to forgive you. It means not saying "I'm the worst and I deserve to die" (which is something Tony said in Annie and the Fire). It means saying "I did a really bad thing, and I'm capable of not being the worst, but I have to actively try. Failing to try would make me ACTUALLY the worst. And now I have to actually live with the consequences of my actions." And the latter is a lot more painful and difficult than the former, because it means you have to admit what you've done and risk failing to improve.

So: Feeling bad does not necessarily mean the person would apologize, or do so in a way that centers the person receiving the apology! People can feel guilty and also be selfish, even if they don't realize it!

Literally just have a single line of him saying "I wish I could apologize" and that's IT. That's all it would loving take for me to believe he's genuinely repentant and it's just his magic anxiety getting in the way.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 1, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah. Like I get it, he can't talk to Annie, but literally just have a scene of him saying to Jones or Donny or anyone else, "I wish I could apologize to her for everything I've done, I wish she could know how sorry I am." Instead it's all just like... "how could I do that to my own daughter, I'm a terrible father", which - maybe if you've never been in the situation yourself, you wouldn't understand the distinction, but it's a far cry from actually wanting to apologize and take responsibility. Not saying Tom hasn't, as people have pointed out he's apparently said it's based on his relationship with his own father, I just mean if anyone is reading my post like "wtf, that seems specific".

Like, go back and read The Mind Cage or Annie And The Fire. Not a single word about wanting to apologize to her. The closest thing to acknowledging her feelings is "How could she live with the man who killed her mother?", which still ignores, you know, the profound emotional trauma of growing up without a father especially after losing your mom, and completely robs her of agency in the matter - it's not as if he ever asked his young and traumatized daughter if she'd prefer not to lose her father too, after all. He just decided that on his own, and I'm sure not wanting to be around the little girl who looks like his dead wife had nothing to do with it.

It all comes back to his own feelings. We have no textual indication he would actually apologize, only "well I would want to if I was in that situation" (e.g. common sense).

You see, the difficult thing for a lot of people to accept or understand - and I've gone through therapy about this, and dealt with it extensively - is that self-loathing and guilt can actually be easy by comparison because they center your own feelings. They place you in control, in a way. Nobody else is punishing you because you get to punish yourself. There's a kind of safety in it, despite how bad it feels.

A true apology means acknowledging the OTHER person's feelings and how your actions hurt them, and taking responsibility to improve, and also accepting the risk that they may say things that are hurtful to you (and likely justified), reveal some additional hurt you've caused, and/or choose not to forgive you. Feeling bad does not necessarily mean the person would apologize, or do so in a way that centers the person receiving the apology! People can feel guilty and also be selfish, even if they don't realize it!

It means not saying "I'm the worst and I deserve to die". It means saying "I did a really bad thing, and I'm capable of not being the worst, but I have to actively try. Failing to try would make me ACTUALLY the worst. And now I have to actually live with the consequences of my actions." And the latter is a lot more painful and difficult than the former, because it means you have to admit what you've done and risk failing to improve.

Literally just have a single line of him saying "I wish I could apologize" and that's IT. That's all it would loving take for me to believe he's genuinely repentant and it's just his magic anxiety getting in the way.
I just reread his part of the mind cage and it's even more me me me than I remembered.

Also as an aside grief is not a "uniquely human emotion". Tonnes of animals grieve. Including elephants so like literally tonnes.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Splicer posted:

Write her a note! Or show him struggling to write her a note! Replace the entire "no my father is good actually :)" chapter with a single page of Annie finding dozens of balled up papers all reading "Annie I *frustrated scrawl*"

e: "Hey Jones tell Annie she's a good daughter and I miss when I could talk to at least one of her"

It's frustrating to me that this page was apparently intended to be something like the above suggestions, but it fell below the mark because it felt like it skipped a step or two in the process we were never allowed to see.

Like, I couldn't put my finger on what it was until Tiny Myer's post above, but that's it.

All we saw in the comic was:

1. Annie was traumatized.
2. Kat was rightfully mad on her behalf.
3. Tony comes back and traumatizes her some more.
4. Kat and Tony go have science times off-screen and Kat forgets about Annie's trauma.
5. Annie tries different unhealthy ways of dealing with her emotions including the magical but nothing works until...
edit: I misremembered, it was worse? better?:
6. Wolf dad cheers her up better than anyone else, sadly, then Annie reintegrates her fire and we never hear from her anger and hurt against Tony again?????
And then we skip to
7. They are both trying to meet in the middle but it reads as hollow because we see regret aplenty from Tony but no accountability, and we see a sort of mature acceptance from Annie, but no mourning of the childhood she left behind.

Annie leaves behind her anger at her father, but we don't see how exactly she got to that part. Just that she stopped and now accepts whatever she can get from Tony.

And like, that's probably the best move for a teenager still under her parent's care, but ever since the narrative has been so divorced from Annie's inner narration and thoughts it felt like she gave up and is putting on a Pollyanna brave front to fool everyone and herself.

Imagine, though, if we've had step 4 never happen.

Imagine if Kat had never gone abruptly team Tony, and had remained skeptical of Tony as a person, worried for Annie when she appeared suddenly with a new haircut and acting weird (she wouldn't know about Annie's fire elemental being cut off) in addition to be shunted to the weird empty white bedroom, then relievedwhen Annie showed up acting better but then upset again that Annie is again making more excuses for Tony. When is enough?

Then we could have had Annie explain to Kat her reasoning. Kat could have pointed out the very glaringly missing aspect of "your father messed up and you suffered for it, yeah, he's flawed and human but you were a child" that has been missing in the last chapters.

It would have made a world of difference to me if Annie at any point, at least to her closest friend in the whole world, admitted "yes, he did. I've chosen to forgive him anyway and have the best relationship with him that I can."

Kat could have continued to be the audience's skeptical stand in, and then we could have slowly thawed to Tony as we saw that, actually, Annie seems to be getting better? Whatever weird father-daughter dynamic they have, it seems to work for them?

And Kat could have reminded either Tony and/or Annie that if Tony messed up Annie again, well, she had her ways. She had her ways.

Like, bam, narrative problem solved?

isasphere fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 1, 2022

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Splicer posted:

I just reread his part of the mind cage and it's even more me me me than I remembered.

This and basically everything Tiny Meyes posted is why I have disliked that and everything to do with how Tony has been treated in the comic after a certain point. He (Tony) has a very selfish outlook on things because he thinks about himself primarily and almost exclusively. His wife and his daughter don't seem like people to him, even, except for how they relate to him. And pairing Tony thinking about Tony (and now Loup thinking about Loup) along with the comic moving away from showing Annie's thought processes and motivations and point of view makes it feel like the comic itself is no longer about Annie's story, it's not about Annie doing things or experiencing things.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Potsticker posted:

This and basically everything Tiny Meyes posted is why I have disliked that and everything to do with how Tony has been treated in the comic after a certain point. He (Tony) has a very selfish outlook on things because he thinks about himself primarily and almost exclusively. His wife and his daughter don't seem like people to him, even, except for how they relate to him. And pairing Tony thinking about Tony (and now Loup thinking about Loup) along with the comic moving away from showing Annie's thought processes and motivations and point of view makes it feel like the comic itself is no longer about Annie's story, it's not about Annie doing things or experiencing things.

This is probably the main aggravator of every problem the comic has. Every time Annie gives her personal opinion or view of the world in dialogue is a surprise to me. She might as well be a stranger, I can no longer tell where she is coming from.

Before, moments like those were plot points, like when she broke down to Kat about missing her Mom, or when she got angry at Mort for giving her the Blinker stone, or her trying to flirt with Jack, or her anger at the Psychopomps in general. They were incongruous with the polite but almost unflappable persona she presented to the world and in her inner thoughts. But now it's the default.

I miss Annie's story.

Also Annie is/was a more likeable character because she was genuinely curious about the world and tried to help people. She was flawed but endearing.

isasphere fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 1, 2022

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Tony (Tony)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

Tony (Toni)

[Tone]

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

GunnerJ posted:

Tony (Tony)
I think Gunnerkrigg Court is an allegory for the American political system.

Annie (Democrats) is sucking up to a party she will never get the approval of but inexplicably still craves, thinking "this time will be different", while ignoring those directly in front of her stepping up to fill the role like Renard (blue-collar workers) or Eglamore (socialists). She actually briefly achieves some success with this when she splits into two with Forest-Annie (Centrism) who is different enough to be seen as separate, but when they merge together and return to her old self (the Democrats, but with the Overton window moved) he goes back to ignoring her.

Her similarly-minded but technically more progressive friend, Kat (Liberalism), in a relationship with Paz (the LGBT community), starts out initially hating Tony (Tony) but gradually grows to do the same bullshit, and isn't so different from Annie after all despite their perceived differences in worldview.

Meanwhile, Coyote (American conservatism) is a threat that Annie has long ignored or treated as quaint, and Ysengrin (Fascism) is a figure that Annie fights with but often outright embraces despite the dangers and his strong hatred of one race, and despite being beholden to her supposed allegiances with the Court (the increasingly dispossessed and disillusioned middle class) due to her elected position, who understandably fear Ysengrin and see him as dangerous.

She is confused and unsure how to handle their resulting fusion, Loup (the modern alt-right), and continues to appeal to his common decency in the hopes that some of his components still exist, not realizing that he is now chaotic, unpredictable, and misogynist. He unrepentantly masks himself as a friendly face (Twitter users). He has simultaneous protectiveness and distaste for Lana (Elon Musk), who flirts with Loup and desperately wants his attention despite not fully understanding him, and has been sometimes surrounded by unsavory types (Bitcoiners).

Secret because I don't want to imply that Tom Siddell wants American voters to forsake all political parties and move across the sea to create a socialist paradise.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Tiny Myers posted:

Annie (Democrats) is sucking up to a party she will never get the approval of but inexplicably still craves, thinking "this time will be different", while ignoring those directly in front of her stepping up to fill the role like Renard (blue-collar workers) or Eglamore (socialists). She actually briefly achieves some success with this when she splits into two with Forest-Annie (Centrism) who is different enough to be seen as separate, but when they merge together and return to her old self (the Democrats, but with the Overton window moved) he goes back to ignoring her.

Her similarly-minded but technically more progressive friend, Kat (Liberalism), in a relationship with Paz (the LGBT community), starts out initially hating Tony (Tony) but gradually grows to do the same bullshit, and isn't so different from Annie after all despite their perceived differences in worldview.

Meanwhile, Coyote (American conservatism) is a threat that Annie has long ignored or treated as quaint, and Ysengrin (Fascism) is a figure that Annie fights with but often outright embraces despite the dangers and his strong hatred of one race, and despite being beholden to her supposed allegiances with the Court (the increasingly dispossessed and disillusioned middle class) due to her elected position, who understandably fear Ysengrin and see him as dangerous.

She is confused and unsure how to handle their resulting fusion, Loup (the modern alt-right), and continues to appeal to his common decency in the hopes that some of his components still exist, not realizing that he is now chaotic, unpredictable, and misogynist. He unrepentantly masks himself as a friendly face (Twitter users). He has simultaneous protectiveness and distaste for Lana (Elon Musk), who flirts with Loup and desperately wants his attention despite not fully understanding him, and has been sometimes surrounded by unsavory types (Bitcoiners).

Secret because I don't want to imply that Tom Siddell wants American voters to forsake all political parties and move across the sea to create a socialist paradise.

I'm impressed that this is actually coherent.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tiny Myers posted:

what the gently caress

how dare you make sense with this

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Where do Shell and the Shadow Men fit in?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Welp, guess we should've taken the all powerful baby who throws tantrums and recently buried the court seriously. Who could've guessed. :shrug: Well, let's head home.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
wait they just left the smoldering body there? that uh seems like the sort of thing that can actually be salvaged

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Tiny Myers posted:

Tony (Toni) (Toné)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiny Myers posted:

I was with you until you compared Lana to Elon Musk. That's just cruel.