Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean the way you fix the idpol 'oppression olympics' problem is literally just change 'HEY YOU KNOW THERE ARE TRANS MEN WHO NEED PLANNED PARENTHOOD TOO' as if that's some kinda trump card is to just say 'this is an issue that is wide ranging, cis women, trans people, nonbninary people, and frankly even more groups are under attack by this solidarity is the only way to fight this'.

Like, it's literally just an issue of 'or' vs 'and', if your big eager hot take is to say we need to focus on someone else's problems related to an issue instead you're probably loving up the whole solidarity thing. It's not a hard concept and they were pretty clear the problem is this 100% correctly described ghoulish reveling in the suffering of others that can be used as a totem to wave around rather than actually opposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah but for the people we're talking about, loving up solidarity is the point. They're compulsively driven by what Mark Fisher called the academic-pedant's desire to be the first to point out a mistake, and the goal is to appear to be taking the most authentically radical stance, even if your actual recommendation is more liberal electoralism.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The whole ‘put clinics on Native land’ thing is officially out the window,
Well sure, but from the get-go, all these proposals are like the tweets saying "Call your cable company and tell them to cancel Fox News!"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s been really stunning how many people’s response to Roe v Wade is “this is because you voted for Bernie, third party voters are killing women and children”, like if I hadn’t seen it out in the wild (white guys from California, mostly) I wouldn’t have believed it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
blue-anon is real

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah but for the people we're talking about, loving up solidarity is the point. They're compulsively driven by what Mark Fisher called the academic-pedant's desire to be the first to point out a mistake, and the goal is to appear to be taking the most authentically radical stance, even if your actual recommendation is more liberal electoralism.

Well sure, but from the get-go, all these proposals are like the tweets saying "Call your cable company and tell them to cancel Fox News!"
I mean it was at least an idea. The Dems aren’t even proposing anything.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s been really stunning how many people’s response to Roe v Wade is “this is because you voted for Bernie, third party voters are killing women and children”, like if I hadn’t seen it out in the wild (white guys from California, mostly) I wouldn’t have believed it.

Bruh, this is because they DIDN'T vote for Bernie.

And all the other needless compromises in the face of decorum they've made since we were born.

Er, um, no I really mean the Bernie Bros were mean to them.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The whole ‘put clinics on Native land’ thing is officially out the window, because this morning SCOTUS ruled that non-reservation cops can go onto tribal land and arrest people as long as they are not members of the tribe. In theory you could now arrest non-tribespeople for illegal gambling in states where gambling is illegal, even on reservation land.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it really is so enraging to see what the government is willing to go full barrel on like 'let's make cigarettes shittier and ban any flavors of them and Juuls and poo poo' but when it comes to this poo poo it's just 'do what?'

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL Ruth Bader Ginsberg set back women’s rights 60 years because she was too much of a girl boss. That is a Trump level LoL right there.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hilary would have probably appointed someone as poo poo as Brett Kavanaugh if not just Brett Kavanaugh himself.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hilary would have probably appointed someone as poo poo as Brett Kavanaugh if not just Brett Kavanaugh himself.

He may not be, the most sober choice,

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL remember when a mysterious unnamed benefactor paid off Kavanaugh’s mortgage and $200,000 worth of personal debt? No biggie, not sus at all

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL remember when a mysterious unnamed benefactor paid off Kavanaugh’s mortgage and $200,000 worth of personal debt? No biggie, not sus at all

200,000 dollars for Nationals tickets. I think it was Matt who pointed out who the gently caress is a Nationals fan.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

200,000 dollars for Nationals tickets. I think it was Matt who pointed out who the gently caress is a Nationals fan.

Definitely not money laundering that Kavanaugh owed $200,000 for baseball tickets. Totally normal amount of baseball tickets to buy on credit.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Wasn't it just his Federalist Society parents that paid off all his poo poo?

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Wasn't it just his Federalist Society parents that paid off all his poo poo?

for the mortgage, yeah. for the tickets, him and a group of his friends would enter the season ticket lottery each year to increase the chance of one of them would get picked, and that year he managed to win so he bought all the tickets for the group and then they reimbursed him.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
When Ezra Miller gets arrested they should have Virgil on

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

When Ezra Miller gets arrested they should have Virgil on

They have retreated from the public eye together to live out their lives in south east asia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plato Phuket

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Homer Philadelphia

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jackie Daytona.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Scipio Arkansas

selec
Sep 6, 2003

it’s good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dikkfor posted:

Scipio Arkansas

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kinda nice hearing Will bring up thosr Burroughs quotes. They've been rattling around in my brain since 2016.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just heard an Ozy ad on the radio. How they're still alive I have no idea.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Richard Wolff is on the Depeogram this week which is a decent comedy / politics podcast

Someone pointed this out but it is funny, deprogram is usually pretty loose but this ep is just the economic update lol

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 1, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dikkfor posted:

Scipio Arkansas

cue 400 new posts ITT as soon as Felix reads it "our kansas"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

terrorist ambulance posted:

Richard Wolff is on the Depeogram this week which is a decent comedy / politics podcast

Someone pointed this out but it is funny, deprogram is usually pretty loose but this ep is just the economic update lol

No matter what podcast Wolff is on, the host pretty much just points him to a subject and lets him loose. Which I think is great, because there are few others I'd trust for economic analysis other than Wolff.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Matt was spittin' today frfr. As usual

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Isn't that reality show "Alone" that Chris was talking about the same one Rod Dreher said he was obsessed with in a previous reading series

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It's always weird to hear them transition from pseudo-PSA horserace talk, promoting the governor of Illinois as the next president, and then going straight into the uselessness and nihilism of the democrats (which is true) and the need for revolution.

Matt's solution is to "talk to people" but how is that different than what the DSA already is?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Isn't that reality show "Alone" that Chris was talking about the same one Rod Dreher said he was obsessed with in a previous reading series

I think that was Jon Kass

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This episode was the closest I feel like the boys have ever come to saying “it’s time to take up arms, arise, and just wile out” and honestly I hope they DO become more extreme as time goes on! Our current situation demands more aggressive messages to the people, we gotta rise up.

I know a lot of people think David Hogg is an annoying dweeb (because he was almost murdered at school and decided to become a gun control activist, I don’t get how anyone could be upset about that, TBH, but people are morons) but he gave an interview recently that was like “ever since starting my work, the one thing that remained the same in any state I worked in is that the the left are basically disparate herds of cats who refuse to cooperate with each other, whereas the GOP are organized like SEAL Team 6 and are always collaborating and working together and sharing between themselves.” and it makes me wonder to what degree the issue is individual egos ruining leftist projects, some level of sabotage, or something else. Why don’t we want to work together?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

wasn't David Hogg one of the people recently saying that Roe v Wade being overturned was a plot by Putin to "distract" us lol

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

If we can stop the russian facebook bots then our uncles will be reasonable americans once again.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

wasn't David Hogg one of the people recently saying that Roe v Wade being overturned was a plot by Putin to "distract" us lol

yes but most people are dumb as poo poo and he is at least trying to improve things

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1540371104812118016?s=21&t=hNz7W_c-qwu6n32XTsEG7w

Yeah I mean I don’t even think he’s wrong (about Putin needing us distracted, not that he had any influence over the SC), I just think people under 35 have a really jacked up and mythologized idea about what kind of influence Russia has on US politics, which is why every dog-brained lib gravitated towards the Russian Facebook interference narrative.

But that’s irrelevant to his point about libs being disorganized children and the GOP being extremely organized Man-Children

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes but most people are dumb as poo poo and he is at least trying to improve things

Sure but if your way of trying to improve things is saying “guys, let’s not let abortion rights being stripped away distract us from the real issue: Putin”, then that is in fact materially worse than not trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Incredible posts today