Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

christmas boots posted:

not sure what it says about me but I'm not as annoyed by the idea of ultra maga as a branding as I am that they didn't go with Mega MAGA

they could sell t-shirts tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Crowsbeak posted:

2024 is for the dems what 1852 was for the whigs.

Probably not a great historical example, because the whigs were divided and split into factions, but losing in 1852 is what caused them to reform into the Republican Party and dominate the presidency almost uninterrupted for 80 years straight.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wolfy posted:

I think not wanting paywall links is fair, but having a rules structure 4 levels deep is still going to be hilarious.

You're in violation of Article 3, subsection A, parts 2-12 of the Geneva Posting Accords. We're going to have you sent to the internet Hauge I'm afraid.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

the democrats

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Foo Diddley posted:

they could sell t-shirts tho

I would say it's a grift but i don't think dems are smart enough to sell ultra maga shirts to chuds like brian bosworth was to sell "whats a boz worth? nothing" shirts to bronco fans

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Not yet. But it is a very real concern that you could be traveling through a state with a blanket abortion ban, have a medical emergency that can only be solved with an abortion, and be stuck there but unable to get care. It won't be safe for a pregnant woman to take a vacation in Texas or a bunch of other states now.

it’s even crazier: imagine you’re in the first or second trimester and flying between LAX and JFK then you have an emergency that a random MD on board decides requires an immediate landing

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Wolfy posted:

I think not wanting paywall links is fair, but having a rules structure 4 levels deep is still going to be hilarious.

Where's your source on this?
If you're going to make me scroll up then you're in violation of Article 3 Section 4, Paragah 2, amendmenst 1, clause 3, subclause 1, letter 5 of The Law.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I hope they continue to add and amend the rules. I want to see full on appendices

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

gee no poo poo, iran? i guess amazing insights like this are why your diplomats make the big bux

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

it’s even crazier: imagine you’re in the first or second trimester and flying between LAX and JFK then you have an emergency that a random MD on board decides requires an immediate landing

Or during a layover.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Thoguh posted:

Or during a layover.

That one is a tough call.

Death might be preferable to an extended layover in Kansas City.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

christmas boots posted:

You're in violation of Article 3, subsection A, parts 2-12 of the Geneva Posting Accords. We're going to have you sent to the internet Hauge I'm afraid.

HootTheOwl posted:

Where's your source on this?
If you're going to make me scroll up then you're in violation of Article 3 Section 4, Paragah 2, amendmenst 1, clause 3, subclause 1, letter 5 of The Law.

Thread, I'm going to need the best posting lawyer you can find.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Wolfy posted:

Thread, I'm going to need the best posting lawyer you can find.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

christmas boots posted:

joke's on you i'm american and they'd use me as an excuse to blow the place up

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Or during a layover.

can’t wait to see airlines adding an option for only routing through MSP, ORD, or MDW.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoomer liberal shithead posted:

I've been mentioning this in other forums so I might as well bring it up here. There really has to be some support of anything blue in red areas. Most of the people in red states simply vote based on red vs blue. See the case of the Trans woman winning a republican primary somewhere lol. So, at least on a local level, we need to stop caring so much about the lovely democratic party in those areas. Just turn the red areas blue. The fact the red areas take up so much of the map emboldens the right. We have to play this poo poo like checkers. And we can always say gently caress the democratic party in elections at a higher level as they come.

vOtE bLuE nO mAtTeR wHo

goddamn, these people just deserved to be bullied everywhere they go in public.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Too Many Birds posted:

the democrats

hosed up if true

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Shear Modulus posted:

i do wonder what will happen if the dem powers that be decide they don't want him to run again but he refuses to not run

heart attack gun

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Venomous posted:

beautiful. The Democrats are American thanatophiliacs, and so they'll stay until the fash inevitably comes for them.

basically yes.

although I don't think there's any particular attachment to fascism for these folks. All that matters is that they're involved in a sort of unmaking/destruction as a group.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Noob Saibot posted:

they always do this

When it was bush it was “the neocons”

When it was trump it was “the alt right”

Now it’s “the ultra magma’

It’s never the Republican Party

Republicans are serious people only concerned about the budget and deficit how dare you reee

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the judicial branch state and federal, top to bottom is in complete control by the republican party. the democrats will soon be destroyed

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

vOtE bLuE nO mAtTeR wHo

goddamn, these people just deserved to be bullied everywhere they go in public.

just turn the red areas blue ezpz

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
dems are so tone-deaf and ignorant they don't see how "Ultra MAGA" actually sounds really cool and good to a large part of this country

"ULTRA MAGA" sounds like it could get poo poo done, frankly

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Homocow posted:

dems are so tone-deaf and ignorant they don't see how "Ultra MAGA" actually sounds really cool and good to a large part of this country

"ULTRA MAGA" sounds like it could get poo poo done, frankly

It sounds like a beer and everyone knows people hate beer

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
like is ultra ever used as a negative modifier in popular language

i guess one could say something is 'ultra bad' like they're trying to do, but

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mediaphage posted:

"ultra-nationalist"

"ultra-orthodox"

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ultra-left

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Forseti posted:

It sounds like a beer and everyone knows people hate beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9iraxOWCk

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's a poo poo catchphrase because they're bad at politics and don't understand the culture at all anymore

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

nice (because the democrats are going to get destroyed)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
inshallah

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
my first order as president is to mandate that all gas cost $4.20 forever, and i'll be nominating 60 new justices to the supreme court so that there are 69

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Stereotype posted:

my first order as president is to mandate that all gas cost $4.20 forever, and i'll be nominating 60 new justices to the supreme court so that there are 69

president musk!

Griz
May 21, 2001

mediaphage posted:

the really violent soccer hooligans who regularly get ejected from the games and then go start street brawls are called "ultras"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Probably not a great historical example, because the whigs were divided and split into factions, but losing in 1852 is what caused them to reform into the Republican Party and dominate the presidency almost uninterrupted for 80 years straight.

You’re ignoring the fact the Republicans appealed to Jeffersonian Democrats as well as hamiltonian whigs and the ever orphaned until then abolitionists. While the Hamiltonians lexerted a great amount of influence the party wouldn’t have gone anywhere without the other two groups. If the democrats do as they should die. Whatever g do arms anew may have some element of the old party but it will likely include elements of the current GOP and orphans.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

mediaphage posted:

MK Ultra MAGA

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Ultra maga is a bit too close to being embraced as ubermaga which is the end goal so hmm

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
*All Might voice* MAGA! Plus ultra!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Is there ANYTHING we can do to convince you to contribute to Bernie Sanders TODAY?