Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mr. Sunshine posted:

The art in A Bride's Story is mostly outstanding, but the insane detail of the clothes really run head first into the manga style where the faces are just empty surfaces with two giant eyes and a tiny mouth.

anime is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ChubbyChecker posted:

anime is blood

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

war time flashbacks, but as combat training

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

KennyMan666 posted:

Oh this was extremely not where I was expecting this to go.

You have no idea how hard qualia is going to swerve off the path of the inital premise.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Aha!

Coming up, dreamtime

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is it just me or is Ronnie getting fatter in the comics?

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
He is on a diet he is trying please be nice

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Awesome!

I've always been fascinated by clothing from these types of culture. People used to dress so much more brilliantly than we do now.

Smiling gently in appreciation at how loving cool this guy is. I bet he would enjoy hell was full

That's the worst possible result!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zil posted:

Look, he just paid for that underwear, he can't afford to just turn around and buy new ones even if they're not breathable

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Get your lanyards on and your reference files annotated for Department of Misc!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Graveyard Quest
Part 2.3

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U12

loving, drawing acrobatics and monsters and poo poo is hard. drat.

I'm doing a re-draw of the comic that was supposed to be after this one because I feel like Lydia looks super stiff and awkward, do you see it as well, or am I psyching myself out?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm doing a re-draw of the comic that was supposed to be after this one because I feel like Lydia looks super stiff and awkward, do you see it as well, or am I psyching myself out?

In that last panel especially, yeah absolutely

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tree Bucket posted:

Get your lanyards on and your reference files annotated for Department of Misc!

I'm so intrigued, looking forward to where this is going!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

In that last panel especially, yeah absolutely

For sure, thanks that's what I thought.

Feel free to call me out if poo poo looks bad gang, I'd rather know.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl posted:

For sure, thanks that's what I thought.

Feel free to call me out if poo poo looks bad gang, I'd rather know.

She's posed like a kid pretending to be an airplane, which is a weird move, tactically

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zil posted:

I think Ronnie gets fatter every year!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
The fact that you can see the individual stitches in the embroidery pieces in a Bride's Tale is making me hyperventilate.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Samovar posted:

The fact that you can see the individual stitches in the embroidery pieces in a Bride's Tale is making me hyperventilate.

Here's her afterword about that:

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ChubbyChecker posted:

anime is bad

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

embroidery though...
embroidery is good.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This artist has the same approach to drawing hex grids as I do, which is, don't

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
My friend just sent this one to me

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tree Bucket posted:

This artist has the same approach to drawing hex grids as I do, which is, don't

"No hex" T shirt | told to draw a hex map | "One Hex" T shirt

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lmao I'm loving this powerup arc

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

the holy poopacy posted:

ander just spending the whole fight chilling in a heap of bodies

I've been dragging my feet on posting because I'm rapidly running out of 10ESB to post :smith:

The comic itself is currently on break between chapters and I had kind of hoped it would at least be off break by the time I caught up to the chapter end but that doesn't seem likely at this point. Oh well.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

I've been swamped with e-mail since Monday. A bunch of people wrote in to tell me they knew I wasn't trying to be serious with the Frank Tangent comics. Whew. Reaffirmed my faith in the readership. Thanks, everyone.

If you'll notice in panel five, that's Kleiner's pet headcrab, Lamarr, in the background. Oh wait, I forgot to put him in after trying to remember all day that I should put him in. Dang. Let's just say he's off munching on some melon in the other room.

By the way, I should point out that the door Frohman is walking into in panel three does actually lead to Kleiner's lab. It's the same area you later pass through when you're leaving the lab with Dog after getting back from Nova Prospekt (though it's more smashed up and crumbled then). I should also point out I didn't realize this until I was done posing the scene, and I said, "Huh. This actually is the right spot." I just picked it because, hey, I needed a door.

Since my drawn pencils of comics past looked so awful, I decided to download an actual pencil model on the advice of a few readers. The links they sent (a while ago) were no longer active, but I found some here(dead link), apparently created by a G-Mod forum member named "thespectator". Nice work, TS!

Also, Barney's Civil Protection mask from Wednesday's comic can be added to your proplist by opening any of the textfiles in your gmod/settings/menuprops folder and adding the following lines:

"!Helmet_Back" "models/BarneyHelmet.mdl"

"!Helmet_FacePlate" "models/BarneyHelmet_faceplate.mdl"

They aren't physical props, actually, but effects, and they work nicely. Found that tidbit, again, somewhere in the G-Mod forums. Those forums are ridiculously helpful. Pretty much any question you've got about G-Mod has already been asked and answered in there.

Hm. That was fun to do. I might have to throw together an actual, complete issue of the Bugle one of these days. Maybe include an editorial on why it's okay for the National Anthem to be sung in Vortessence.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Kleiner's too soft, he should've just let Barney handle Frohman imo

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U12

loving, drawing acrobatics and monsters and poo poo is hard. drat.

The animation A.) Took way too long to figure out how to do, but now I know how to make animated PNGs with After Effects, and B.) Is about 12mb, so it might take a second to load. The redraw was also a great idea, because I think the new pages are much smoother in the art department, even if it means not playing sunbreak (I wasn't going to play Sunbreak until the mods updated anyways.) C.) I am getting better at lining up the frames and animations so it looks like a natural part of the comic :kimchi:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U13

Also also, Lydia is supposed to be in her mid to late 30s, does that come across? I'm wondering if her head is too big and makes her seem teen-ager-y

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Jul 1, 2022

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

embroidery is blood

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 07: 29-36 of 42

Qualia the Purple
Episode 07: 37-42 of 42

A different kind of swerve than a time skip! We've got a few more highschool chapters yet...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Squidster posted:

A different kind of swerve than a time skip! We've got a few more highschool chapters yet...

A time unskip! We dared not dream the technology could exist

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto—Battlefield Kanto Part 4: Silver Standard
Chapter 34: Power Surge

Thanking Saber's excessive use of shadows for making me only have to censor one page out of the four that Candace and Whitney spend naked here

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

The animation A.) Took way too long to figure out how to do, but now I know how to make animated PNGs with After Effects, and B.) Is about 12mb, so it might take a second to load. The redraw was also a great idea, because I think the new pages are much smoother in the art department, even if it means not playing sunbreak (I wasn't going to play Sunbreak until the mods updated anyways.) C.) I am getting better at lining up the frames and animations so it looks like a natural part of the comic :kimchi:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U13

Also also, Lydia is supposed to be in her mid to late 30s, does that come across? I'm wondering if her head is too big and makes her seem teen-ager-y

It does come across as 30s, I'm enjoying this sequence and it's great to see you pushing the medium around a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

I've been dragging my feet on posting because I'm rapidly running out of 10ESB to post :smith:

The comic itself is currently on break between chapters and I had kind of hoped it would at least be off break by the time I caught up to the chapter end but that doesn't seem likely at this point. Oh well.

It sucks to know a break is coming, but on the other foot these pages have an excellent break and I was elated to read it