Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

BlindSite posted:

I tried Alabama white bbq sauce for the first time last week. Pretty great.

I'm traveling through Alabama tonight and tomorrow and hoping to give this a try. Should be passing through Birmingham around lunch time if anyone has a recommendation, bonus points for proximity to I-65

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Happy weekend from paradise

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lets take a moment to stan our new king

https://twitter.com/CrowbarEmoji/status/1542557927130685443?t=B5W0NotHxvMYe2UEgxROUQ&s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
well, rip the Pac-12 I guess lmao

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Weird but I started fasting twice a week for 12 hours a day, no real reason but got the idea around one of those April religious things. Wanted to know how hard it’d be as a big ole stoner. And I gotta say 3 weeks in I legit feel better on days I’m not eating.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Good for you, sexual elk :)

Life is a journey of finding the tools and habits that increase our happiness.

My pecs are sore from lifting. They are growing and I love them. One day I will have striated slabs of muscles.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Weird but I started fasting twice a week for 12 hours a day, no real reason but got the idea around one of those April religious things. Wanted to know how hard it’d be as a big ole stoner. And I gotta say 3 weeks in I legit feel better on days I’m not eating.

Yeah fasting kinda owns. I lift every morning fasted and will usually do a 24 hour fast from dinner Friday to dinner Saturday.

Its good to give ya guts a break.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

I tried Alabama white bbq sauce for the first time last week. Pretty great.

Is this an oblique way of coming out to the TFF thread because I'm glad you find this is a safe space, Blind.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Good for you, sexual elk :)

Life is a journey of finding the tools and habits that increase our happiness.

My pecs are sore from lifting. They are growing and I love them. One day I will have striated slabs of muscles.

Lifting sore is the best sore homie, boast that groan at the simplest movement with a big ole grin cause you earned it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Yeah fasting kinda owns. I lift every morning fasted and will usually do a 24 hour fast from dinner Friday to dinner Saturday.

Its good to give ya guts a break.

Main reason, gently caress bloat

Also yeeeears back when Abudullah was fasting on the Vikings all I thought about it was he’d be low energy, guess thousands of years eating habits/rituals beats Gatorade

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 1, 2022

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Was taking my kid to the park yesterday and came upon a bunch of boxes of CDs someone left out on the sidewalk. I rifled through them and it was mostly a mix of classical, pop like an American Idol soundtrack, and showtunes. Right on top though was a Public Enemy CD, so I grabbed it. Seemed a little out of place.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

god i hate today

to me, today is one year until the first chris davis day

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Was taking my kid to the park yesterday and came upon a bunch of boxes of CDs someone left out on the sidewalk. I rifled through them and it was mostly a mix of classical, pop like an American Idol soundtrack, and showtunes. Right on top though was a Public Enemy CD, so I grabbed it. Seemed a little out of place.

I went to a mall a while ago and when I left some guy was sitting at the exit with a box of CDs, a CD player and headphones and asked me if I was interested in checking out his demo. It caught me so of guard I stopped and stared at him awkwardly for a second before declining lol

Also, Ornery and Hornery I appreciate the general wholesomeness and uplifting spirits you’ve been trying to inject into this thread, I hope your pecs get huge and you can admire them every day and feel good

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Realized a few days after getting my car that it had a copy of "Foreigner: The Best of Foreigner 4 & More" in the CD player. It's some semi-acoustic live best of, and it sucks rear end.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I more or less do intermittent fasting daily, tho there were a couple times during Lent where I'd do a 72-hour fast. One of those 3-day fasts was during a bad snowstorm where I was shoveling snow with no energy in the tank. That was not fun.

These days I limit my eating between noon & 7. Mornings are fun as that's when I work out, so all I get afterwards is a cup of black coffee.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Will do. I 'm on that ship in September for my birthday.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I have so much work to do and I have zero motivation to do it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Fuckin same

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Just hoping my flight isn’t cancelled today like it was yesterday. They had to swap the plane out so yay for not flying on broken plane but boo for losing a day of vacation and having to fly today which will be hell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

I have so much work to do and I have zero motivation to do it.

I'm doing all this work planning all these things for the future and have a final interview at another company at 1:30 and I'm pushing everything a week or two and man oh man it will suck if I don't get this job and then have to actually follow through with all these plans that I sooooo want to just throw in the air and say good luck yall

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Same here. Zero poo poo going on. I'm logging off and telling my folks to leave when they're ready.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Basically five day vacation where I'm going to try my hardest not to drink myself into an early grave

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just thought of an idea because I heard some politician say he was "legally dead for 3 minutes" while getting coded.

Since everyone, including politicians, think cessation of vital signs means "legally dead", we open up a lab with a hyperbaric chamber, and upon graduation from college/med school/law school etc. They go in, we pump em full of adenosine or something to stop the heart, declare them dead, discharge their debt, and restart it. Boom, student loans solved. Charge like a thousand bucks a pop. I'm gonna be like the king of student loan discharges. See, the free market works!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It would be great if the student loan debt my wife has for degrees she can’t use due to chronic illness that has her as registered disabled would be discharged but some miracle might happen and suddenly she won’t be confined to a wheelchair.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We’re working from home every Friday indefinitely now in addition to every other week (so 4 days in-office biweekly) so today I’ve done like 25 minutes of actual work and spent the rest of the morning listening to records loudly and cleaning the house

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

Just thought of an idea because I heard some politician say he was "legally dead for 3 minutes" while getting coded.

Since everyone, including politicians, think cessation of vital signs means "legally dead", we open up a lab with a hyperbaric chamber, and upon graduation from college/med school/law school etc. They go in, we pump em full of adenosine or something to stop the heart, declare them dead, discharge their debt, and restart it. Boom, student loans solved. Charge like a thousand bucks a pop. I'm gonna be like the king of student loan discharges. See, the free market works!

Try this neat trick! fafsa hates him!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

T-Square posted:

We’re working from home every Friday indefinitely now in addition to every other week (so 4 days in-office biweekly) so today I’ve done like 25 minutes of actual work and spent the rest of the morning listening to records loudly and cleaning the house

This is exactly what Elon was afraid of!!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This is exactly what Elon was afraid of!!

To be fair I did tell my boss in our one-on-one yesterday I need more stuff to do, because A) she’s proven to me she has a track record of remembering that sort of thing and rewarding it with more compensation, and B) holy gently caress do I get bored out of my skull the weeks we’re in the office

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

This was kind of my plan for today, but then my daycare closed for COVID, and instead I spent most of morning watching after my kid. Now he's going down for a nap so I get to do the 2-3 hours of work I need to do today, but I don't get to do all the other things I wanted to do. :sigh:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

Basically five day vacation where I'm going to try my hardest not to drink myself into an early grave

You up in the mountains? Big Bears already packed to the gills, spent an hour at the Vons getting a $100 bucks worth of crap. Lines down the aisles.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

You up in the mountains? Big Bears already packed to the gills, spent an hour at the Vons getting a $100 bucks worth of crap. Lines down the aisles.

This poo poo is why I try to never ever travel around any of the holidays. I'd rather just relax at home and then take a trip some other weekend using vacation time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No I'm not in Bear but I can only imagine. It must be absolutely asinine up there this weekend.

Are they doing the drone fireworks again? I heard it was because of the baby bald eagle and not spooking it but I immediately imagined it's just how they're selling "we're not doing wildly polluting fireworks over the lake" to the chuds who live up there. Saving the bald eagles? *salutes with single tear*

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dunno they did fireworks last year and took us an hour to get back to Sugarloaf, so gently caress that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

To be clear the drone fireworks were on Memorial Day I have zero idea if that's going to be a regular thing or not

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Starting to think that Biden is a bad president

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1542933939706372097

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

T-Square posted:

Also, Ornery and Hornery I appreciate the general wholesomeness and uplifting spirits you’ve been trying to inject into this thread, I hope your pecs get huge and you can admire them every day and feel good

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.

https://i.imgur.com/cMfkFGP.mp4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I see Ornery & Hornery post occasionally in the GWS Vegan Food Thread and I demand pictures of Spider-Manthe latest thing they made.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Republicans play chess, democrats don’t even play checkers, they play tic-tac-toe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/scottgairdner/status/1542922486215348225