Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlindSite posted:

I looked through a list and today I learned Beverley was once a dude name.

So was Evelyn and Meredith. Evelyn was pronounced EVE-lyn rather than Ev-uh-lyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Evelyn is on the short list of names I’d give a dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciZp04Ii28

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

I actually looked into what it would take to get into Canada and it doesn’t seem infeasible to me, but it’s still something I’m not going to do unless I absolutely have to. I do have a friend in Victoria, BC who could help me out if I needed it.

It helps to have a white collar job with a degree or be a skilled tradesman.

I know and work with a lot of Canadians and one common thread between them all is that Canada does not want a bunch of dipshit Americans moving there

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Too bad. I’ll move into Canada and be the biggest dipshit of them all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I know and work with a lot of Canadians and one common thread between them all is that Canada does not want a bunch of dipshit Americans moving there

Glad to see the US isn't the only country constantly trying to keep everyone out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

1. Everyone moves out of regressive states
2. Through regressive states, Republicans take 100% control of the federal government
3. They enact federal laws that trump state laws, making people in progressive states have the same rights as the ones in regressive ones, nullifying point 1

Time to create some new states from old ones as I move to Shreveportia.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sure, who would want a bunch of liberal Americans wealthy enough to pull up roots and just move.

Your Canadian friends sound like dummies.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Would a strong dislike of the Toronto Maple Leafs count for or against being a dipshit in Canada?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/chimeracoder/status/1542512847103467521?s=21&t=WwBleajXml9qXNnsGfahRQ

fartknocker posted:

Would a strong dislike of the Toronto Maple Leafs count for or against being a dipshit in Canada?

It’s probably an exclusion criterion on the application.

Wife and I have been doing a lot of research on it. It looks doable and pulling the trigger will be difficult—we both feel far more hopeless about this place than we ever have.

I can be a Blue Jays fan. gently caress it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

I'm convinced if you speak a little French this gets you in automatically.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I have a four day weekend and I am so mentally checked out right now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I have a four day weekend and I am so mentally checked out right now.

:same: but for some reason everyone decided to put a bunch of meetings on today because everyone is on PTO next weekend (myself included).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I have no fan association with the Nets and feel like I should dislike them for random reasons, but man I kinda feel bad for them

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1542580983739858944

Going from nothing to so hopeful to back to nothing this quickly seems impressive.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Just tell the boarder guards you love Moosehead and they will let you in no questions asked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It would be loving hilarious if Durant came back to the Warriors. If they have the money for him I think they'd probably take him back.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The power move is for Durant to go back to the beginning, which would be Oklahoma CitySeattle.

Regarding moving, it's been said but only those with means can move. Which means all the ivory tower rich libs should be encouraged to move out to bum-gently caress red state boondocks to equalize the board. :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Build the wall! Build the wall!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Every time the Trucker Convoy make the news I get paranoid because I start thinking conspiracy theories. Who is funding this nonsense endeavor? Why are they funding this nonsense endeavor?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Grittybeard posted:

I have no fan association with the Nets and feel like I should dislike them for random reasons, but man I kinda feel bad for them

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1542580983739858944

Going from nothing to so hopeful to back to nothing this quickly seems impressive.

Thanking KD for having giant water-ski like feet so the Bucks could advance and the Nets dynasty never happens

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Every time the Trucker Convoy make the news I get paranoid because I start thinking conspiracy theories. Who is funding this nonsense endeavor? Why are they funding this nonsense endeavor?

It's all part of the Decepticons' plans to make us hate tractor trailers.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

fartknocker posted:

Yes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What is the best movie to watch on the 4th of July?

Jacob’s Ladder

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Jacob’s Ladder

I remember enough to get why you say this, but I might actually do this one. It's been a minute since I've seen that.

I also remember young and kinda sexy or at least mysterious or possibly terrifying S. Epatha Merkerson vaguely.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got a big soft spot for Jacob's Ladder since I just finished reading Dante's The Divine Comedy when I watched it & there are a lot of references to Inferno.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/OregonZoo/status/1542176027194970115?t=jBXdJnzM5GWEKKWGI_CErQ&s=19

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Skwirl posted:

I don't understand how no one in the Uvalde police department hasn't committed suicide out of shame. Like, if I was a mechanic and I hosed up a brake job on a school bus and 11 kids died because of that the next time I started a car there would be a hose running from the exhaust pipe to the cabin of my car.

just lol if you think any of those pricks are capable of feeling shame

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Made a couple posts in D&D for the first time in a few months, immediately ate two consecutive probes and I think I'm just gonna talk politics in here now

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Just talk in here about the sauce, I like my BBQ to be sweet with a nice tang to it. Over some braised beef with a nice creamy risotto.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I tried Alabama white bbq sauce for the first time last week. Pretty great.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JT Jag posted:

Made a couple posts in D&D for the first time in a few months, immediately ate two consecutive probes and I think I'm just gonna talk politics in here now

Lmao

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1542309095927173121?s=21&t=XKJn79yH_2q6ZHH7f-uX4A
Braksgirl please visit this restaurant and confirm.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Terminal List is out on Prime. There goes my evening.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pron on VHS posted:

Jacob’s Ladder

<---

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

I tried Alabama white bbq sauce for the first time last week. Pretty great.

Thats_bait.jpg

i loving love it on smoked chicken wings

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I'm just going to announce it here.

I will be joining the Big Ten in 2025.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Guze posted:

Better to ask who isn’t joining.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
woooo Boys ep7 kicks rear end

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1542694224335880192?s=21&t=L3q_c9SVUT47ktUexgWHdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Guze posted:

Well maybe some light jogging or smaller portions might prevent that.