Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Brother Tadger posted:

It is using the international symbol for no, so it is somewhat confusing as to whether it is in fact effective against the items listed thereon

Yeah, I don't know why the gently caress they did that.

NO!! THIS PRODUCT IS NOT effective against...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I'm not sure if this is marketing, per se, but it's definitely hosed up.

Go Google Image Search for the string

desk ornament

No quotes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phanatic posted:

I'm not sure if this is marketing, per se, but it's definitely hosed up.

Go Google Image Search for the string

desk ornament

No quotes.

:catstare:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What's wrong with that Buddah Shre- oh. Oh no.

:allbuttons:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Please tell me this isn't just me

Edit: oh thank god

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
what the gently caress

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

what the gently caress

Why is that one company called Red Dick Militaria?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It just keeps going, too

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
So uhhhh is this someone getting cute with SEO or an easter egg from a disgruntled Google employee

edit: Bing also shows some Nazi stuff but it's not nearly as overwhelming

the holy poopacy has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Jul 1, 2022

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

what the gently caress

Yeah this is some hosed up stuff

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"Why is it all ads? When did this start? That's pretty cur-what the christ???"

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Duckduckgo is also full of swastikas and ss symbols lmao

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Anyone have dall-e access? Now i want to know what it would spit out for that phrase, i want to know how tainted the training data is

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't have dall e 2, but mini made some pretty nice bronze sculptures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flinger posted:

Duckduckgo is also full of swastikas and ss symbols lmao

My old bosses were mega chuds and at some point they started talking about using opera and duckduckgo CONTSTANTLY so I guess they both became alt right standard

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The auto suggestion when you search is ‘desk ornament why nazi’ too.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Anyone have dall-e access? Now i want to know what it would spit out for that phrase, i want to know how tainted the training data is

nah

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That bottom right is some sort of hellish frond creature

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's good, but it's even more confusing in a way. I was hoping it was just scraping budk/etc shop item names, but "paperweight" doesn't bring up a bunch of brass knuckles so :iiam:

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
https://twitter.com/dannysullivan/status/1542750384329932800

"Agree not what most people would expect nor desire" seems a little understated.

Apparently it's been an issue for years!

https://twitter.com/cracked/status/788454607198392321

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The streaming service Peacock emailed me this promotional trailer featuring a crossover of The Office and Minions and now you must share my pain.

http://movableink-animated-pic-video-production.s3.amazonaws.com/8709/d3aca90f36665019/1/640k.webm

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Jul 2, 2022

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Not really for putting people on ignore, but that post is making me strongly consider it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The streaming service Peacock emailed me this promotional trailer featuring a crossover of The Office and Minions and now you must share my pain.

http://movableink-animated-pic-video-production.s3.amazonaws.com/8709/d3aca90f36665019/1/640k.webm

Not if I don't click on it :smugdog:

Who am I kidding, I clicked on it :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Agents are GO! posted:

Why is that one company called Red Dick Militaria?

There are a few like red dick and "militarytour" that at least put on an image of being even-handed ww2 sites aimed at history buffs (even though reddickmilitaria has a bunch of fuckin nazi eagles and busts of hitler and swastika rings and SS helmets and then like a lovely collection of american enamel pins and $10 desert storm medals).

But then if you scroll a little further in the google results you start getting websites that are explicitly for selling nazi poo poo and ONLY nazi poo poo.
Here's "Uniforms of the NSDAP", dedicated to collecting and selling real nazi uniforms including a $3000 luftwaffe helmet, a $6000 jacket (one of two in existence!), and a $500 monogrammed fork that once belonged to Adolph Hitler (apparently looted by a US veteran). Their desk ornament is a real nazi desk ornament in the owner's personal collection, not for sale.

That's a pretty questionable interest but at least it is still history-focused, and the owner basically says "nazis are bad" in his about me page. Arguably a lot less bad than reddick militiaria and its lovely $25 swastika tchochkes.

But then the next google result "nsvendor", is really definitely literally just marketing to white supremacists:

That bestselling book, "Siege", is a white supremacist manifesto published by an american neo-nazi in 1992. Absolutely nothing to do with """history""" or WW2 in any way. And they sell a collection of "nazi propaganda posters" to hang up on your wall!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I'll admit the minion wearing the cpr dummy face got a laugh out of me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think the worst part about it is they used actual moments from The Office. I don't know why that bothers me, but it does.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Who is the sentient bowl of unflavored pudding that asked for this

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Kevin DuBrow posted:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Kevin DuBrow posted:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
People at work have been talking about minions and it makes me want to die

Thanks for listening to my story

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Here's "Uniforms of the NSDAP", dedicated to collecting and selling real nazi uniforms including a $3000 luftwaffe helmet, a $6000 jacket (one of two in existence!), and a $500 monogrammed fork that once belonged to Adolph Hitler (apparently looted by a US veteran).

I can understand the sort of person who wants a real Nazi uniform. They're a horrible shithead, but I understand them.

Who's shelling out money so they can be the guy who owns Hitler's fork?!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if i had endless money i'd buy the jacket just so that i could record it being tossed into a nice big bonfire, then i'd resell the ashes. it's what it deserves

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Zamujasa posted:

if i had endless money i'd buy the jacket just so that i could record it being tossed into a nice big bonfire, then i'd resell the ashes. it's what it deserves

NGL the standalone episodes of Justified were some of the best.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

Buy it via PayPal so you can do a refund too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

If I had endless money I wouldn't give them to nazis.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zamujasa posted:

Chuds_buying_nikes_to_burn_them.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's an armoury right in the middle of downtown here, big old brick building, it would have been torn down for condos years ago but it's so old that it's a heritage site

Anyway, they allow tours once a year and they have a little museum area, with their big show pieces being the desiccated corpse of a stray cat the brigade picked up in WWI and the doorknobs from Hitler's office in Berlin. When the place was blown to pieces everybody who was there rushed to grab souvenirs, and that's what our boys managed to get ahold of